Traded Lewis Young [trade to Carlton in three-way trade for #52]

Remove this Banner Ad

What is his trade value as an uncontracted fringe player?

Will our 4th rounder (currently #64) get it done?
Noting we don't have a current 3rd rounder, and WB need points for Darcy.

(Yes, i know pick 64 is f all points overall, but its all we got)
Ideally we'd try get slightly more. Once you've done the Cerra trade, you may get a late pick back that you can add to any Young trade, even if we had to send a future 4th your way.

Realistically, he's not worth much more than an early 4th at best.

Looked good in that first game against us.

In my minds eye it was only a couple of years ago, but was actually 2017?

Keen to hear what Bulldog’s supporters thoughts are. Seemed likely - nice ability in the air, good skills for his size. Still only 22.

The Blues need a replacement for Jones long-term, and he’s got a very similar profile.
Very poor one on one and is more of a Jason Cloke interceptor, that is he can only play completely unaccountable footy. If you are looking for him to play a poor man's Lever or Allir Allir he just isn't that type of player.

That being said we'll take Jacob Weitering straight up for him.

Put it this way, Ryan Gardner is miles ahead of him.

This is interesting ... so

Carlton have to take 3 picks to National Draft (or Rookie up grades)

they want to land Cerra & now Lewis & they have

pick 6, 25 & 61.

This is going to be fascinating to see how they do it all and keep Fremantle supporters and Dogs supporters happy. AND most importantly their own supporters happy. Fun & Games ahead.

Split 6? Future 1st for Cerra? Split 25?

pick 6, 25 & 61.

This is going to be fascinating to see how they do it all and keep Fremantle supporters and Dogs supporters happy. AND most importantly their own supporters happy. Fun & Games ahead.

They'll get a token pick for SPS, which will probably be around what Young is worth.

pick 6, 25 & 61.

Young isn’t worth much at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok but does that not assume 2 things

1/ WC will offer a "token pick" &
2/ Dogs will then accept that "token pick" ?

Plus how do they then get their 3 pick to go to ND?
Well it keeps Dogs fans happy.

Ok but does that not assume 2 things

1/ WC will offer a "token pick" &
2/ Dogs will then accept that "token pick" ?

Plus how do they then get their 3 pick to go to ND?

I mean we assume most teams will try to facilitate a trade for a player wanting to leave. The same could apply to whether Carlton would offer a "token pick" for Young.

Carlton have as many picks as there are rounds in the draft and list spots to fill.

They will just start later in the draft, the picks will be there even if they are the last three in the draft. Carlton have tenth and eleventh round picks if they need them.

or will they want to Split 6? Future 1st for Cerra? Split 25? And still have a reasonable set of picks in this draft for their NEW coach.

If Carlton have to trade a whole draft's worth of picks to get two best twenty two players into their side for a full season out of each next year at a high level.... that's what every club is trying to do every draft.

Obviously clubs would prefer three or four ten year players a draft but getting two players is spot on what is needed to turn your list over gradually, many clubs get one or none out of drafts when you look back beyond five seasons.

or will they want to Split 6? Future 1st for Cerra? Split 25? And still have a reasonable set of picks in this draft for their NEW coach.

There was a suggestion on the Freo board that went like this:

Freo throw in Cerra, #27, future 3rd
Dogs put in Young and #17
Carlton send #6, #25

Freo walk out with #6 and #17
Dogs get #25, #27, future 3rd
Carlton get Cerra and Young

Ehh...good enough for Carlton as we need some tall coverage with Levi and likely McDonald out, not sure Young gets much greater opportunity at Blues though

Trade SPS and a future 4th for Brander and 52
On trade 52 for Young

Pretty simple equation if you ask me

I cant see them taking both brander and young in i think brander goes to another club.

I cant see them taking both brander and young in i think brander goes to another club.
He's most heavily been linked with Carlton.

If not they trade SPS for 52 and on trade that to the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back