11. GWS
12. Adelaide
13. Hawthorn

14. Gold Coast
15. West Coast
16. Collingwood
17. North Melbourne
18. Geelong
Can I ask as to your reasoning behind Freo's positioning? As a Fremantle supporter, it's intriguing to me =)

1. Brisbane
2. Western Bulldogs
3. Melbourne
4. St. Kilda

5. Carlton
6. Port Adelaide
7. Fremantle
8. Richmond

9. Essendon
10. Sydney
11. GWS
12. Adelaide
13. Hawthorn

14. Gold Coast
15. West Coast
16. Collingwood
17. North Melbourne
18. Geelong
It looks like you actually tried until you put us last. Doubt we’ll ever fall below 14th with our ground being the only true home game in Victoria

I rest my case.

Why bring it up then. Was it that the umpires deserted you this year or was it because you dogged it when they put the foot down ? Don’t answer that the image of Bontempelli, English and Treloar standing in the middle staring at the ground while the onslaught was happening speaks volumes.

Why bring it up then. Was it that the umpires deserted you this year or was it because you dogged it when they put the foot down ? Don’t answer that the image of Bontempelli, English and Treloar standing in the middle staring at the ground while the onslaught was happening speaks volumes.

You just solidified my point about salty complaints, thank you.

Club A loses first week of the finals.

Club A fan tries to insult a midfield group that makes the grand final, and goes much further than their own club.

Club A fan forgets Kelly, Taranto and Hopper had a field day in Tasmania week one.

Club A fan has a short memory and should stop embarrassing themselves and own club.

It looks like you actually tried until you put us last. Doubt we’ll ever fall below 14th with our ground being the only true home game in Victoria

Can't see the Cats missing finals in 2022, I think the fall will come in 2023. Agree it is very tough to fall into the bottom 4 with the home ground advantage in the H&A season that Geelong have.

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Dogs
4. Sydney
5. Port
6. Carlton
7. Geelong
8. Essendon

9. St Kilda
10. Richmond
12. Fremantle
13. West Coast
14. Hawthorn
15. Adelaide
16. North
17. Gold Coast
18. Collingwood
Hey Shooter, you're going to have to get that bowl of breakfast cereal out, as my team is waaaay too low there!

You lost to GWS...I don't even have to go into detail for that to burn.

Melbourne
Brisbane
Western Bulldogs
GWS
Port Adelaide
Sydney
Carlton
Geelong

St Kilda
Adelaide
Gold Coast
Essendon
West Coast
Richmond
North Melbourne
Fremantle
Hawthorn
Collingwood
Wow, just..WOW! Essendon in 12th place, Carlton in 6th and Fremantle in 16th. Put down the pipe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, just..WOW! Essendon in 12th place, Carlton in 6th and Fremantle in 16th. Put down the pipe.

Fremantle aren't much chop IMO. Can't rely on a 40 yo David Mundy forever, and they are about to lose one of their best players (to Carlton). Also still no decent key forwards.

Reckon the Dockers are set to go back next year.

To be fair that line about Essendon having an easier fixture is a bit of a copout as they basically made finals off their win against you.
They made the finals off a win in R3?

I would have thought it had a lot more to do with the fact that 7 of their 11 wins came from their 8 games against the bottom 5 teams (who we got to play just 5 times). Against the remaining 12 teams they won just 4 games.

We won 5 of our 6 games against the teams they got to play twice (with the only loss being our 9 point loss to Sydney, at the SCG), while they won just 2 of 6 against the teams we played twice, so if you switch the draws around, and we’d gotten to play 10 games against the teams we went 5-1 against, and they’d had to play 10 against the teams they went 2-4 against, we most likely finish at least two wins ahead of them.

Fremantle aren't much chop IMO. Can't rely on a 40 yo David Mundy forever, and they are about to lose one of their best players (to Carlton). Also still no decent key forwards.

Reckon the Dockers are set to go back next year.

That's why we're beginning to rely on a twenty-year old Caleb Serong, with a resume as follows:

- Rising star
- AFLPA best first year
- Beacon award
- AFLCA best young player
- 2021 GOTY
- Glendinning medal
- Best clubman award

They made the finals off a win in R3?

I would have thought it had a lot more to do with the fact that 7 of their 11 wins came from their 8 games against the bottom 5 teams (who we got to play just 5 times). Against the remaining 12 teams they won just 4 games.

We won 5 of our 6 games against the teams they got to play twice (with the only loss being our 9 point loss to Sydney, at the SCG), while they won just 2 of 6 against the teams we played twice, so if you switch the draws around, and we’d gotten to play 10 games against the teams we went 5-1 against, and they’d had to play 10 against the teams they went 2-4 against, we most likely finish at least two wins ahead of them.

You said a win and percentage was the difference, that is what happened in round 3. I don't disagree St Kilda had a difficult fixture but when you get embarrassed by mid table teams like Carlton and Essendon I don't think it is an excuse I put much weight behind.

- Sam Walsh bunny 2021
"Can you smell what the Blues are cooking?"

I sure can, it smells like twenty six years of zero success, five Wooden Spoons in 25 years, salty tears, three sacked coaches and some horse dung!
Oh, and one more thing, was Caleb a Pick One? No, no he wasn't. He was the eighth selection, and he's done nearly everything Mr Walsh has done.

Last edited:
Great stuff.

Thanks for Cerra btw :thumbsu: Going to be a great addition to our midfield.
Yeah, whatever you do, don't respond to what I said in regard to Caleb Serong - you wouldn't want to lose an argument now, would you?

The real question is 'Does Longmuir send Serong to Walsh or Cerra in 2022?'

We know his strike rate with tagging Walsh - my money is Cerra.
No, the real question is, was Voss the right choice for your coach? The jury is still in the Deliberation Room, and they ain't emerging for a LOOOOOOONG time

1. Melbourne (peaking now and up to round mid-way through 2022, but I don't think they'll win the flag again)
2. GWS Giants (big call. They play big, dirty, unsociable football and it works. Loves being the underdog. They'll catch everybody off guard)
3. Western Bulldogs (have a lot they can improve on despite losing the grand final. Having said that, the last team to get belted by 40+ in a grand final and make final 6 (aka: winning a final) the next year was Geelong all the way back in 95. They'll need to break a massive duck)
4. Port Adelaide (still don't think they're much chop but a 31-8 H&A record over two years proves they know how to win. I bet they keep doing it in 2022)
5. Essendon (good team, good coach, lots to like. This is the side that'll string consecutive finals appearances for the first time since 04)
6. Brisbane (not enough internal growth to come next year, unless Rayner or Bailey or Berry can become a top line mid. Small drop off to come)
7. Geelong (overcooked. Should play finals but I expect they'll just make up the numbers)
8. Richmond (Ripping best 22 still that can make top 4 with a good injury run, but thin midfield depth and non-existent forward depth has me concerned)

9. Hawthorn (had a monstrous finish to 2021 and are my sleeping giants. Can Wingard play a full AA year level in the guts? If he can, he can take them a long way)
10. Sydney Swans (possible egg on face moment but I think they'll drop off a tad before making a big surge in '23. Lost a couple of good players, and I think some of their veterans who did some heavy lifting this year can drop off)
11. Carlton (good luck to them but I just don't think their list is as quality as others think)
12. St Kilda (neither here nor there. More of the same to come. Not sure Ratten is the man)
13. Fremantle (not particularly huge on this list either, or the way they play. Losing Cerra hurts and I can't imagine Mundy can keep this up forever)
14. Gold Coast (I predict Gold Coast will have another Gold Coast season)
15. West Coast (can't see them turning it around. Ugliest team to watch in the back half of 2020 just about, and a middling list is now older and slower)
16. Collingwood (could capitulate and finish wooden spoon, wouldn't surprise me. It'll be much of the same in '21 but hopefully with a bigger focus on youth)
17. North Melbourne (a good team is slowly coming together. There's still plenty to work on but I think they can win 6 to 8 games next year)
18. Adelaide (think most of their "success" in 21 came from Tex having an AA season until his thing. If he can come back and have another insane season then all power to him and Adelaide but I think their list is still incredibly thin and needs time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back