Strategy GWS BF Board - 2021 Mock Draft - Initial Expression of Interest

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Hi all.

The resident GWS BF Board draft expert PMBangers is keen to run a GWS board mock draft, rather than just his own phantom drafts.

While we might not have interest from 18 posters (1 per team), I figure that around 9 posters (2 per team) or 6 posters (3 per team) would allow us to do something.

I haven't worked out exactly when we'll hold it, let's say yet to be confirmed. Because it's on our board, we can take a little bit of time to it won't be a case of needing to live on the board to not miss your turn.

EDIT: I will probably look to start it around 15 Oct, after the initial player trade period has ended. There's still a ''pick-only'' trade period going, but that extends close to draft night, and we want to be finished well before draft night.

Can I ask that anyone interested let's me know in this thread, and nominate what team(s) other than GWS you'd be happy to select for.

Obviously we have PMBangers and also GWS Goose expressed interest to start with.

EOIs:

Adelaide - Andre the Giant
Brisbane -
Carlton - Determinant
Collingwood - Giant Strides
Essendon - fridgeman
Fremantle - GWS Goose
Geelong - Orange Crush
Gold Coast - GWS Goose
GWS - JC100
Hawthorn - Danny88
Melbourne - PMBangers
North Melbourne - PMBangers
Port Adelaide - fridgeman
Richmond - Andre the Giant
St Kilda - Determinant
Sydney - Danny88
West Coast - Orange Crush
Western Bulldogs - Giant Strides

2nd team to be allocated: JC100

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Thanks for your interest - it would appear that we are viable. One more participant will make it 2 teams per participant, but with more participants we can drop back. Obviously a couple of teams won't have much decision-making to do! (Collingwood & Dogs)

I will leave the EOIs open for the next 10 days and see how we end up, then issue the rules/plan as the trade period comes to a close.

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Thanks for your interest - it would appear that we are viable. One more participant will make it 2 teams per participant, but with more participants we can drop back. Obviously a couple of teams won't have much decision-making to do! (Collingwood & Dogs)

I will leave the EOIs open for the next 10 days and see how we end up, then issue the rules/plan as the trade period comes to a close.
Worth putting a link in the list management thread?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
I'll bump this for any more EOIs. There's still a couple of teams open & I can ask about transferring someone's second team if you're really keen. We have enough to go forward as it is though.

Once the player trade period finishes this Wednesday (13th Oct), I'll finalise the order as best I can. Obviously, there's still a DFA player signing period to come, and picks can be traded throughout until nearly the national draft date, and the list lodgement is late October, so there will still be players in limbo where clubs might cut them off to open up spots. I'll just make a call on who's got what picks (based on AFL released info) and then stick with that for probably a Friday 15th or Saturday 16th October start - so please everyone who's volunteered, keep an eye on this for when your picks are coming up.

Thanks all.

Back