Toast Humble brag everyone get stuffed thread.

* Even when we hit a rough patch during the year I said I had seen enough of us v the top teams to be very confident we weren't going to fall away like everyone said

* Was always on the bring Ben Brown in and give him a run to fix our forward line issues

* Oliver to finish top 3 in trhe Brownlow before a ball got kicked this year. Just wish he had won and made me a heap of $$$'s

* From about 2017 when Harmes had that massive game v the Saints where hw kicked 4 or 5 goals I have been on him being a long term prospect

Right before my epic shitfight with Demon bhoy last year I compared Goodwin to Hardwick and said that coaching is a role where you grow and impove in over the journey. Also said our list in 2017-19 was immature and had a bunch of holes so Goodwin's record wasn't as bad as it was made out to be.

Don't worry about my comments about Troy Chaplin or Alan Richardson.

Haha, yeah nah that definitely caught me off-guard.

What a bunch of fu**in’ legends ❤

Mate, you've had the most confidence in this side of anyone on this board all year. Not sure if that's drug induced madness or a higher understanding of the game but kudos.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Don't worry about my comments about Troy Chaplin or Alan Richardson.
Goddamn I ripped into Alan Richardson...

And I stand by it. His move from Director of Coaching to Director of Football Performance made all the difference IMO.

Not saying I was in high praise of Goodwin but I did say it would be pointless sacking him when there was so much uncertainty around covid.

Yeah with Covid it was obvious we weren't going to sack him in 2020 or 2021. Would have been totally irresponsible from a financial perspective regardless of results.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah with Covid it was obvious we weren't going to sack him in 2020 or 2021. Would have been totally irresponsible from a financial perspective regardless of results.
Yeah I think it was around the time when rumours floating around Clarkson not wanting to stay for a rebuild and we shouldn't wait around and miss out.
I agree most people would have thought it would be crazy.

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
My humble brags:

* I never understood the backlash that ANB got. I was always by his side and rated him very highly.
* I've always been a jack watts hater but trading him out netted us Fritsch and won us a premiership. There were a lot of people saying we would regret trading Watts. lol
* Playing Fritsch forward. Many people wanted him back. Including Goodwin who did for a season. Mind boggling.

mickent1

Debutant
Aug 8, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
One of very few to be happy about the club taking Jackson instead of someone like Hayden Young. Already a match winner in his second year. What a gun.

Anyway when we draft Jackson none of the other mids will need to know their roles because he'll just leap above his opponent, tap it down to himself, grab the pill and blind turn a couple then sprint away from them all and drive the ball into our forward line. Then repeat.

Was very much part of the few who said May will be great when many on this were slitting their wrists over losing Hogan.

Although I did lose some faith early days when he came to us as a fat bastard, was always gonna take some time to wash the GC off so fair play

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Was very much part of the few who said May will be great when many on this were slitting their wrists over losing Hogan.

Although I did lose some faith early days when he came to us as a fat bastard, was always gonna take some time to wash the GC off so fair play

Good call. It baffled me that people were ok with Oscar Mcdonald staying on to be our number 1 key defender. If we didn't get May that's what would've happened.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
There was no bigger supporter of May than me even when he was getting half cut during the season. Even before he got to Melbourne. Only had to actually watch footy to see how good he was

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
There was no bigger supporter of May than me even when he was getting half cut during the season. Even before he got to Melbourne. Only had to actually watch footy to see how good he was

No, I'm pretty sure it was both of us flaming demon bhoy when he just wouldn't stop bagging May.

Lever and May were always going to be good footballers, we just needed to keep them injury free.

Back