EPL Matchday 8 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

SA TIMES
1633288874530.png

1633288897985.png

Salah is ridiculous. Lovely pass to play through Mane and his goal was absurdly good.

Great pass from Jesus to Foden and a great finish too. Same with KDB.

How did Fabinho not score? Huge from Rodri.
Bit early mate

Another international break already FMD.
First time in a long time I'm happy for one. We'll actually get half our starting group back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Normally hate international breaks but this has come at a good time. Hopefully have Bamford and Ayling back and give Dallas time to recover.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
It's increase them not decrease them.
Thats why I said I would only be for a 2 yearly WC IF it decreased the unnecessary international breaks. IF is the key word there. I can't see how they could. Really you are better off having regional tourneys every 2 years, and having those count as qualifiers for the WC every 4 years.

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
I think Wenger said his 2 year WC plan would reduce internationals…not sure how.
Would love to see how they implement it because a 2 year WC is unworkable imo. Unless you do away with qualifiers and you have regional tournaments one year, and they determine WC participants for the next.

But we should be encouraging less matches because players get worn out. we should have regional qualifiers for non seeded teams one year, regional tournaments in the second year, nothing the third year so players get a break, then the WC in the 4th year and have the WC teams enter via placings in their regional tournaments.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I think Wenger said his 2 year WC plan would reduce internationals…not sure how.

He must mean that International breaks are scrapped during the season under that plan. Not sure how that accommodates continental tournaments though. Best to leave things as they are. AFCON also should change to quadrennial (the next AFCON is due to be played in June 2023 which is ridiculous when you consider the next one is being played Jan 2022 and Qatar 2022 is in November).

Yeah I think the most logical thing to do would be in the alternate years have 3-4 weeks post-season to get all International Qualifiers done. Doing so would then mean you could have a week off mid-season over Christmas and still finish the season earlier. Surely would result in less injuries and burnout.

So for the 2022 WC you'd have the qualifying campaign at the end of the 20/21 season, and the 2024 Euros would have their qualifying at the end of the 22/23 season.

Back