First club to 17 premierships?

Who will be the first club to 17 premierships?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rasha

2017🏆 2019🏆 2020🏆
Aug 25, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Actually the only club with a 100% GF record since 1983.

Every other club has lost a grand final since then and in the AFL era.
Except Gold Coast and Fitzroy.
Unless Fitzroy merged with Brisbane and records count them as the same club.

Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea
Which teams have played in more GF losses than wins? Collingwood obviously, St Kilda, Freo, GWS. Bulldogs are now level again. Anyone else?
Collingwood (15-27), Sydney (5-12), North Melbourne (4-5), St Kilda (1-6), Fremantle (0-1), GWS (0-1).

Geelong (9-9), Western Bulldogs (2-2) and Port Adelaide (1-1) have 50% GF records.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Seems like a dumb bet, but your money I suppose. Well, it won't be the dogs lol. Maybe first to 3 out of Saints/Dogs/Freo
I don't know what you've been told but its pretty smart advice to not bet money on a rabble. So no I won't be betting my money on Carlton.

I think Voss and player acquisitions like Lewis Young will improve your team. Might get you from 13th place to 13th place.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond supporters finding a positive about not contending for a flag for 35 years.

Who would have thought?!?

Isn’t a top 4 finish contending according to you? 🤨

Collingwood like to share it around a bit. We have stayed loyal to the Blues since 1945, in that 76 years they are the only team who has beaten us in a Grand Final. Where the Pies have lost deciders to Melbourne, Geelong, North Melbourne, Richmond, Brisbane, Carlton, West Coast, St Kilda 😂😂, Richmond VWFL, Fitzroy, University, Essendon Dreadnaughts, and sundry others in that period, chief amongst which would be Hotham FC. 😍

Sadly, Essendon FC will be the first club to 17 flags. The f*cking fox hunters. 😩😩

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Collingwood like to share it around a bit. We have stayed loyal to the Blues since 1945, in that 76 years they are the only team who has beaten us in a Grand Final. Where the Pies have lost deciders to Melbourne, Geelong, North Melbourne, Richmond, Brisbane, Carlton, West Coast, St Kilda 😂😂, Richmond VWFL, Fitzroy, University, Essendon Dreadnaughts, and sundry others in that period, chief amongst which would be Hotham FC. 😍

Sadly, Essendon FC will be the first club to 17 flags. The f*cking fox hunters. 😩😩
No. A top 4 finish isn't necessarily contending.

There have been plenty of teams that finished top 4 but were only making up the numbers.

Collingwood in 2009 a great example of this - we were miles off the rightful Grand Finalists in St. Kilda and Geelong, and never had any claims on the flag that year.

North Melbourne are another good example. Despite a couple of top 4 finishes under B. Scott, they were never in contention for a flag.

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

I guess 2 x 20 plus year periods of mediocrity in that 76 years will assist in the avoidance if losing Grand Finals.

You can't lose them if you don't play in them.

Based on your logic, Gold Coast are the Kings of Grand Finals - they've never lost to anyone...

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
No. A top 4 finish isn't necessarily contending.

There have been plenty of teams that finished top 4 but were only making up the numbers.

Collingwood in 2009 a great example of this - we were miles off the rightful Grand Finalists in St. Kilda and Geelong, and never had any claims on the flag that year.

North Melbourne are another good example. Despite a couple of top 4 finishes under B. Scott, they were never in contention for a flag.

So on one thread Geelong and Swans finishing top 4 on several occasions and never even looking like winning a flag are automatically contending and arguably therefore the greatest dynasties but on another thread Richmond’s brave and noble efforts to finish top 4 twice are brushed over as being part of a 35 year period of non contention.

All down to whether Fadge has you pre-judged a certain way as to whether you are said to have contended. Fadge logic. 😍

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
So on one thread Geelong and Swans finishing top 4 on several occasions and never even looking like winning a flag are automatically contending and arguably therefore the greatest dynasties but on another thread Richmond’s brave and noble efforts to finish top 4 twice are brushed over as being part of a 35 year period of non contention.

All down to whether Fadge has you pre-judged a certain way as to whether you are said to have contended. Fadge logic. 😍
I don't recall saying that Geelong and Sydney were in Premiership contention in all of the years they finished top 4, or top 6, or wherever they finished.

If you recall correctly, one of the parameters for my personal definition of a 'sporting dynasty', was that the team must not finish outside of the top 8 for more than a year at a time, which was the case for the Geelong and Sydney 'Dynastic' periods that I had highlighted.

So please, stop making shite up.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I guess 2 x 20 plus year periods of mediocrity in that 76 years will assist in the avoidance if losing Grand Finals.

You can't lose them if you don't play in them.

Based on your logic, Gold Coast are the Kings of Grand Finals - they've never lost to anyone...
The kings of grand finals need to win some too. What a brainless post from you.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't recall saying that Geelong and Sydney were in Premiership contention in all of the years they finished top 4, or top 6, or wherever they finished.

If you recall correctly, one of the parameters for my personal definition of a 'sporting dynasty', was that the team must not finish outside of the top 8 for more than a year at a time, which was the case for the Geelong and Sydney 'Dynastic' periods that I had highlighted.

So please, stop making sh*te up.

Fadge magic logic. Fadgic.

Fadgic states your are an all time dynasty if you merely make finals in an unbroken run but oh wait, it can be broken for one year if you are a team deemed by Fadgic to be worthy, then he will fit you in somehow. But a team making top 4 is not in contention. 😂😂😂

Tradgic. 😉

Back