Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

Had my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. It's floored me today, couldn't sleep all night. Was getting random pains in my shoulder and quad, huge headache and back aches (similar to what you get with the flu).

Anyone else had these symptoms that can tell me how long I should expect it to last?

About 48 hours for me…. Although I had a bigger reaction to the first Pfizer. Random pains were mostly in my glands.

For those calling for opening up, no masks and so on it's very sobering to look at the situation in Israel.

Probably the most vaccinated nation on earth, after reaching peak rates of jabs, has now had to completely reassess its strategy.

According to an article in today's News.com.au (yeah, I know it's a Murdoch rag):

"Over 60 per cent of Israel’s population has received two doses of the Pfizer vaccine and nearly 3.5 million of Israel’s 9.3 million citizens have received a booster dose of the vaccine.
"When daily case numbers hovered around zero at the beginning of their summer, Israel’s businesses reopened, mass gatherings resumed, and face masks were tossed away as people flocked to beaches and restaurants.
"The optimism didn’t last long. By the beginning of September, cases had climbed to more than 20,000 a day, hospitalisations were rising and more than 50 deaths a day were being recorded."

20,000 cases a day in a nation of 9.3 million! Now the government is wanting people to have a booster on top of double vaccinations just to stem the tide.

This Delta variety is a very formidable enemy. The Israel experience also demonstrates that the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine fell by 22 per cent per month, with protection beginning to decline after about four months.

I hate to say it but to recall Churchill's words of WW11, "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

My mum & dad live in a little street with nine houses. Four of their neighbours, all fully vaccinated, caught COVID. Three were quite ill but one got sick enough for it to really knock her about.

and that’s with many restrictions still in place

Not sure which is the right thread to ask this but this one seems as good as any:

When getting a vasectomy would it be more polite to shave my gooch before my appointment or would that just come across as weird? Is it better to let the doctor shave it? I honestly can't tell which is more awkward.
Quite timely mate - I have a inguinal hernia, just to the right hand side of my c & b. I shaved the lot for the ultrasound to confirm the severity - ‘not required’ was the answer I got from radiologist. Wish I had of known that beforehand.

Quite timely mate - I have a inguinal hernia, just to the right hand side of my c & b. I shaved the lot for the ultrasound to confirm the severity - ‘not required’ was the answer I got from radiologist. Wish I had of known that beforehand.

Did you tell the radiologist that you'd shaved for the ultrasound? You could have just said nothing and they would have assumed you always keep it shaved.

Not sure which is the right thread to ask this but this one seems as good as any:

When getting a vasectomy would it be more polite to shave my gooch before my appointment or would that just come across as weird? Is it better to let the doctor shave it? I honestly can't tell which is more awkward.
Just had double hernia op - don't bother.

They shaved me when I was under - no drama's for either party!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you should be - what’s the difference in cash to be under a general? Happy to set up a Bigfooty go fund me for Scrag’s knackers?

I have a phobia of general. I've been awake for every surgery I've had and I prefer it that way. Happy to be awake for the vasectomy but I just want to know what the etiquette is for gooch hair.

They will probably ask you to shave it before you go. I guess it depends on the type of vasectomy procedure.

I got my second Pfizer the morning after the GF while I was in the first stage of grief.

No issues at all after my first shot.

Within seconds of getting my second shot, I desperately needed to use the toilet. I asked staff for directions to the nearest toilet. While I was standing at a desk speaking to a nurse, I started to feel extremely light headed and within seconds I fainted. I fell backward. About ten seconds later, I was fine but I had to be kept under observation for about 20 minutes.

I'm fairly fit and 35 years old. It just goes to show you can be in good shape but still faint. My advice for those who have not yet been double jabbed, remain seated for the recommended 15 minutes after your vaccine.

I got my second Pfizer the morning after the GF while I was in the first stage of grief.

Within seconds of getting my second shot, I desperately needed to use the toilet. I asked staff for directions to the nearest toilet. While I was standing at a desk speaking to a nurse, I started to feel extremely light headed and within seconds I fainted. I fell backward. About ten seconds later, I was fine but I had to be kept under observation for about 20 minutes.

I'm fairly fit and 35 years old. It just goes to show you can be in good shape but still faint. My advice for those who have not yet been double jabbed, remain seated for the recommended 15 minutes after your vaccine.

Were you fine after that?

Were you fine after that?
Not really. I'm at the third stage of grief now. This GF loss is a bitter pill to swallow and I'll be grieving for a while.

In better news, I felt fine after fainting. Nil issues afterwards.

I hope you were wearing clean underwear.

Why don't you either a) ring the joint, or b) google the joint? Here's a selection of google's "do I shave before a vasectomy australia" results:

1633556024581.png
Good luck with your balls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back