What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny that so much was made in the media of us singing, yet hardly anything on the Dees doing it to mock us.

The Tankers will be the media darlings for awhile, after all they are a novelty. Eventually the shine will wear off, especially when they start losing and more introspection will take place, Gawn’s poor leadership, the insulting classless way they behaved. I had hoped that as they were a success starved club they might have shown a bit of class, but no.

Story floating around from Sam McClure today that our players are filthy about the Dees mocking them with the freed from desire song post the GF and that there is genuine bad blood between the teams. Hope so.
Someone had the nerve to say that they weren’t mocking the Dogs as it’s a song commonly sung after sporting events. Gee, what a coincidence 😠.

They also mocked Geelong when they were winning in the PF, and no doubt there have been other examples. There seems to be a pattern of arrogance here.

Such a likeable team - not.

Tom Boyd said on his pod (I believe) that the dees were his most disliked team. Not GWS. Baz has also alluded to the unspoken rivalry.

I think anyone who’s played or coached against one of those lippy, arrogant, but very good teams (in any sport) knows how much that s**t gets to you. Feels sweeter when you win, but feels like there’s no justice in the universe when you go down to them. it’s a special kind of sting.

it’s kind of the antithesis to the way Bont and Bev run their ship. I can see that footage of them mocking us eating away at the team for a long time.

I kind of like the bear being poked with this team…we rarely see it. Might be worth playing every opponent with the same passion that we take to GWS games since 2019. Or North games when they used to be relevant. I respect the way we approach the game, but maybe it’s time to emulate some of that campaigneriness. On GF day we had players playing like they didn’t think they belonged. But every dees player was ready for the occasion.

Story floating around from Sam McClure today that our players are filthy about the Dees mocking them with the freed from desire song post the GF and that there is genuine bad blood between the teams. Hope so.
No matter our response we will still look like sooks.
Let it burn behind closed doors.

No matter our response we will still look like sooks.
Let it burn behind closed doors.

You don't get revenge by whinging to the media, you get it by winning finals....

(Note - not saying the guys are whinging, but you get the point)

Tom Boyd said on his pod (I believe) that the dees were his most disliked team. Not GWS. Baz has also alluded to the unspoken rivalry.

I think anyone who’s played or coached against one of those lippy, arrogant, but very good teams (in any sport) knows how much that sh*t gets to you. Feels sweeter when you win, but feels like there’s no justice in the universe when you go down to them. it’s a special kind of sting.

it’s kind of the antithesis to the way Bont and Bev run their ship. I can see that footage of them mocking us eating away at the team for a long time.

I kind of like the bear being poked with this team…we rarely see it. Might be worth playing every opponent with the same passion that we take to GWS games since 2019. Or North games when they used to be relevant. I respect the way we approach the game, but maybe it’s time to emulate some of that campaigneriness. On GF day we had players playing like they didn’t think they belonged. But every dees player was ready for the occasion.

I wonder if this goes back to the Jesse Hogan Great White Hope comment.

Ash Hansen has buggered off to the Blues after just accepting a promotion………. I thank him for his service
and wish him nothing but sustained failure.

Ash Hansen has buggered off to the Blues after just accepting a promotion………. I thank him for his service
and wish him nothing but sustained failure.

Then again Bevo had just accepted a job at the Saints, when he applied and got our coaching role.

Then again Bevo had just accepted a job at the Saints, when he applied and got our coaching role.
Which would be similar if Bevo accepted a senior coaching role at the saints and then decided to take a senior coaching role elsewhere.

Hansen can GAGF.

I think anyone who’s played or coached against one of those lippy, arrogant, but very good teams (in any sport) knows how much that sh*t gets to you. Feels sweeter when you win, but feels like there’s no justice in the universe when you go down to them. it’s a special kind of sting.

I'm hoping that we have a similar type of resolve to what happened at Geelong after losing to Hawthorn in the 2008 grand final. IIRC, the loss burned so deeply that the whole team made a pact to never lose to the Hawks again...or something like that. And they didn't, for several seasons.

I certainly don't like Melbourne as a football club - at all. Never have. But there's a difference between that, and what we commonly refer to as 'saltiness.' Having the good grace to concede that Melbourne was a better team in the GF is what sets us apart from those moronic Swans supporters who have bitched and griped since 2016. We can respect Melbourne for what they achieved this year, but I hope that we DO take it personally. I want us to be vengeful, for a very, very long time.

Definitely a bit of 2005 Ashes winning English cricket team about them. 18 months later smashed by Australia 5-0.

Like Lillee said to Tony Greig after Greig bounced him during the 70s, 'just remember who started this...just remember who started this'.

We'll probably thank the smug p***** at the end of all of this for hopefully giving us that little bit of extra motivation to rub their noses into the dirt next year and beyond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always thought the Dees are flogs but I don't really care that they mocked our post match celebration. Getting belted by 12 goals should be motivation enough.

I'm hoping that we have a similar type of resolve to what happened at Geelong after losing to Hawthorn in the 2008 grand final. IIRC, the loss burned so deeply that the whole team made a pact to never lose to the Hawks again...or something like that. And they didn't, for several seasons.

I certainly don't like Melbourne as a football club - at all. Never have. But there's a difference between that, and what we commonly refer to as 'saltiness.' Having the good grace to concede that Melbourne was a better team in the GF is what sets us apart from those moronic Swans supporters who have bitched and griped since 2016. We can respect Melbourne for what they achieved this year, but I hope that we DO take it personally. I want us to be vengeful, for a very, very long time.
And our team certainly didn’t laugh and mock and rub the Swans’ noses in it. Just about every other team has more class than this lot.

I’d be mindful of not poking back at that Melbourne mob. They’re a powerful unit at the moment. Bevo showed he could adapt to how the game is played this year with an overall better ruck division (just in time) and intense pressure small forwards.

I’m sure he will adapt again to what helped Melbourne win. Which is having no injuries all year. And I guess some explosion at stoppages.

we’ve got the cavalry. We’ve got the flexibility. We’ll be back but it won’t matter if our main rival has a heavenly run again.

Are all these departures a sign of anything? We keep being told we're tight.
Yes. Fringe players want to play senior football and assistant coaches want a broad spectrum of coaching experiences.

Reading the angst of derision from Melbourne supporters, when you lose a Grand Final by 78 Points after being up 19 points in the 3rd quarter, you pull your head in. If the 2 play off next year, or any year in the future, and the result is reversed, go to town. That sort of a whitewash is not able to be explained by the tougher route or accumulated tiredness, heads dropped, chasing disappeared, blokes went missing when it counted. It's a worry.

Reading the angst of derision from Melbourne supporters, when you lose a Grand Final by 78 Points after being up 19 points in the 3rd quarter, you pull your head in. If the 2 play off next year, or any year in the future, and the result is reversed, go to town. That sort of a whitewash is not able to be explained by the tougher route or accumulated tiredness, heads dropped, chasing disappeared, blokes went missing when it counted. It's a worry.
2020 = 18 games at 16 min/quarter
vs
2021 = 26 games at 20 mins/quarter

Including 4 interstate finals under strict covid quarantine. Take into account time on and the disparity in playing time between 2020 and 2021 is even greater

As a supporter I'm satisfied our players were exhausted and proud they made is far as they did all things considered. You should be more disappointed by the loss to Port in the last round, we win that game and our finals run is so much easier.

Are all these departures a sign of anything? We keep being told we're tight.

I think it's a pretty good sign that they're all highly rated and therefore sort-after.

Maybe, just maybe, despite this forum's best attempt to uncover Bevo control and Chris Grant "yes men" conspiracies, the fact that we clearly one of the top 2 teams all year (even while having some physical limitations) shows that our coaching staff were very much on top of their game.
Now other teams want a piece.

I mean, did Darren Burgess have a beef with Goodwin? 🤔

2020 = 18 games at 16 min/quarter
vs
2021 = 26 games at 20 mins/quarter

Including 4 interstate finals under strict covid quarantine. Take into account time on and the disparity in playing time between 2020 and 2021 is even greater

As a supporter I'm satisfied our players were exhausted and proud they made is far as they did all things considered. You should be more disappointed by the loss to Port in the last round, we win that game and our finals run is so much easier.
Melbourne endured the same game time issues and were interstate too. The last 3 losses were bad enough but this was a Grand Final. There's more to it than fatigue, you could see it in the players' efforts immediately after Melbourne's 3 goal burst. We were never going to win after that but too many dropped their heads.

Last edited:
Melbourne endured the same game time issues and were interstate too. The last 3 losses were bad enough but this was a Grand Final. There's more to it than fatigue, you could see it in the players' efforts immediately after Melbourne's 3 goal burst. We were never going to win after that but too many dropped their heads.
Melbourne had a week off after their first final, then another after the prelim. Played all their games in Perth with minimal quarantine and restrictions, and endured no interstate travel once they arrived in Perth.

Dogs went to Tassie, then Brisbane, then Perth, then Adelaide, then back to Perth all under quarantine and over the top restrictions. Agree to disagree, but I'm certain that affected their capacity to run out the game in the GF.

On the other hand, we beat Port last round and we finish second. Play Port first final and win straight to a prelim with a week off. We beat Geelong in the prelim and get another week off. Then play Melbourne in the GF whilst being based entirely in Perth. Now that preparation would be even Stevens. We lose that by 74 points I would understand your reasoning for being annoyed

SEN reporting that-

1 Peter Rhode, manager of Lewis Young has said the deal will be done today.

2. Really big news - Mark Stevens has quit as Victorian Liberals Media Manager and is joining Sky News.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back