Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Future 3rd rounder for a 25year old, 196cm forward, and someone who has actually played in a GF.....shut up and take my money!!

What game are GWS playing here
I get that he's no superstar, and he wanted out - but yeah it does seem strangely cheap. Wonder if we are paying unders here as part of a deal to take Coniglio with all his salary?

" He was very influential as a forward for GWS in their grand final year and we believe he offers us great flexibility as a tall forward, second ruck option. " - Jason Cripps

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Interesting to note in our press release that we've made mention that he has played 2nd ruck role before and his position is 'forward/ruck' - maybe we will stick with the 4 tall setup with Finlayson playing as 2nd ruck.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Hayes must be wondering when he gets a game...

If Ladhams gets traded though, that gives Hayes a good mental boost that he knows he's next in line and being groomed as Lycett's successor - it's up to Hayes to make that transition occur quicker.

Creates good competitiveness in the squad, which you need.

wharfietilidie

Team Captain
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure if Finlayson and Ladhams are the same quality or not (I have a feeling they are similar). If they are then swapping like for like and giving up a 3rd rounder and recieving a late 1st/early 2nd then it makes sense to me. We need a Finlayson/Ladhams type still because the moment dixon falls off a cliff your looking at Marshall/Georgiaties forward line. Marshall is not the body type to consistently bring the ball to ground is my only worry structure wise whereas Ladhams/Finlayson have a much better chance to do that kind of role.

David Puddy

All Australian
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bargain for that price - people have been crying out for a leading forward and that's exactly what he is. Good competition for Marshall and cover for Charlie who looks to be slowing down.

Ladhams looks all but gone which I'm fine with too - Lycett and Hayes to start R1 next season.

Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Ladhams gets traded though, that gives Hayes a good mental boost that he knows he's next in line and being groomed as Lycett's successor - it's up to Hayes to make that transition occur quicker.
Just won the magpies B&F. Not much more he can do really

Happy with the pick up relative to the cost. He adds something we don't have, and if needed can play both ends of the field. Right age to, so a handy addition.
Did I read correctly that he's 25? If so, that gives us a 5-7 year player - not bad for a 3rd round pick.

Back