Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting to note in our press release that we've made mention that he has played 2nd ruck role before and his position is 'forward/ruck' - maybe we will stick with the 4 tall setup with Finlayson playing as 2nd ruck.

I think it more than likely means Ladhams is gonna be out of Alberton within the next week.

Can't see them playing Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall and Finlayson in the same team unless there are significant injuries to the small forward brigade.

Even looking at his stats for this year in what was supposedly an average year in which he was dropped, he kicked a few good mini bags and ave 1.8 goals a game. Expand that over 24 matches and thats 43 goals for the year.

5 goals in rnd 13.
4 goals in rnd 4
3 goals in rnd 8 and 10.

Then in 2019 (his best year) he had 2 other 5 goal games and 6 with 3.

Could be a great pick up and very Schultz like for 5 years.

that would mean Finlayson is the only player from 2014 draft currently on our list now, i think.

Yes, but our first pick was #56.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always liked him as a player. An absolute steal for a third rounder

Just heard from 'a friend of a friend' that Riccardi wanted out of GWS mid year as wasn't sure of his place in the best 22.

GWS saw him as the better long term option over Finlayson, so were... very accommodating in allowing him to move to SA to be with his GFs family.

I think it more than likely means Ladhams is gonna be out of Alberton within the next week.

Can't see them playing Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall and Finlayson in the same team unless there are significant injuries to the small forward brigade.
Was thinking about that as well.
Can only think of Marshall needing to play a lot more up the ground rather than a marking target inside 50. Has got the footy smarts, and the field kicking to match. Just doesn't get enough of the ball but the role may suit?
Would certainly ask some opposition matchup questions as if they go small on him he could double back and expose for height, if they go tall then he's leading out to create space for Georgiades and Finalyson, Dixon stay at home. No real questions on his engine.
Or am I just dreaming? Reading back, probably am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back