List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despite all the off field changes at Melbourne, their list management guys are still very smart, always seem to find their way back into the draft in sweet spots and are probably the best at trading future picks. Have traded their future 1st in the last 3 trade periods. Dunstan a good backup if one of their inside mids goes down as well.

Dunstan makes sense as inside mid depth for the Dees but I don't get why Dunstan himself would agree to it. He's not getting into that midfield unless there's injuries. I thought the problem he had at the Saints was that he wanted to play?

Dunstan makes sense as inside mid depth for the Dees but I don't get why Dunstan himself would agree to it. He's not getting into that midfield unless there's injuries. I thought the problem he had at the Saints was that he wanted to play?
The problem he had was the Saints cleaned out his locker and kicked him to the street..

VLADIMIR

We wait. We are bored. No, don't protest, we are bored to death, there's no denying it. Good. A diversion comes along and what do we do? We let it go to waste. ...In an instant, all will vanish and we'll be alone once more, in the midst of nothingness.
Sooooo…

CCJ is Godot in this situation?

giving birth astride a grave, the light gleaming for an instant?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but we saved 400K on solarium boy who can hold onto his 1 year contract.

Have to spend the money somewhere, would of came with a very handy acquisition in the draft, that was the massive positive about that deal. Couldn’t care less about the Suns player.

Seems pretty clear we aren't getting anything in the way of priority picks or other assistance. I was looking at the history of priority picks, it's funny a lot of the clubs who feature fairly prominently are also the clubs who's supporters like to constantly refer to North as a charity case that relies on the AFL and the other clubs to prop us up.

Richmond got a first round priority pick in 2004, that season they had 4 wins. They had 7 wins in each of 2002 and 2003 and bounced up to 10 wins in 2005, which isn't relevant to how PPs were handed out back then, but makes an interesting comparison to us now. They used that pick to draft Brett Deledio. In 2016 they traded Deledio to GWS for some 2017 future picks. They traded those picks with Brisbane for picks 20 and 25 in the 2017 draft, which they used to draft CCJ and Noah Balta. Interesting to see how long the benefits of PPs from that long ago trickle down.

Seeing how often we are currently hearing about the investment of pick 20 that Richmond put into CCJ and they have a self declared entitlement of return on that investment, it is quite interesting to be able to trace it back and see that they never would have had that pick 20 at all without the charity of the PP and without the disadvantage all other clubs had, shuffling down the draft to accommodate it.
Deledio was not the reward for the priority pick - it was Tambling.
Deledio would have still ended up at Richmond if they didn't have the priority pick.

You can still play it out through.
2010 - Tambling was traded for
End of 1st Round Compensation (can be used in any draft before 2014)
Pick #51 - Dean MacDonald

2011 - End of 1st Round Compensation was traded for
Pick #26 - Todd Elton
Compensation 2nd Round - Kamdyn McIntosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back