Non-Lions discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Finlayson for a future third seems like a great deal for Port.

Finlayson is just a perfect fit in that flaky forwardline too, he's even lazier than Marshall and disappears in big spots just like Charlie. Georgiades has promise at least.

Price is nothing but I think Finlayson is bog average, so I'd be happy to get the salary off the books if I'm GWS.

I think Finlayson is bog average
I'd say he's average but that's because he oscillates wildly between 0% and 100% with nothing in between.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'd say he's average but that's because he oscillates wildly between 0% and 100% with nothing in between.

Based on nothing more than gut feel it seems like the 100% comes against the weaker teams? A very quick look at his stats seems to support that - 1 goal, 25 touches, 5 marks across his games against us, the Dogs and Dees this year.

Based on nothing more than gut feel it seems like the 100% comes against the weaker teams? A very quick look at his stats seems to support that - 1 goal, 25 touches, 5 marks across his games against us, the Dogs and Dees this year.
Not always, but it more aligns with GWS being on top which obviously would trend towards being against the weaker teams (although it is GWS, who tend to play better against top 8 clubs so *shrug*). There's only been a handful of games where he's been a definite contributor to the victory, and mainly back in 2019.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not always, but it more aligns with GWS being on top which obviously would trend towards being against the weaker teams (although it is GWS, who tend to play better against top 8 clubs so *shrug*). There's only been a handful of games where he's been a definite contributor to the victory, and mainly back in 2019.
He looks about 40 years old.

Get him some Harvard hair weaving and some botox and it could help his confidence.

Fwiiw I think this is a misstep by PA.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
He looks about 40 years old.

Get him some Harvard hair weaving and some botox and it could help his confidence.

Fwiiw I think this is a misstep by PA.

Given the price its probably ok - he'll be decent depth and tbh is probably as good an option as Marshall. But given the deal is 3 years to smooth out his salary it might turn out to be a wasted list spot at the end.

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
Finlayson giving Grundy a taste of his own medicine in the '19 Prelim one of the more satisfying finals moments of all time.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Listening to trade radio while I do the house work, and they mentioned that coaches of indigenous heritage don’t have their salary counted under the soft cap, as part of an initiative by the AFL for teams to employ more indigenous staff.

Was this in relation to Eddie Betts taking a role at Geelong?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Was this in relation to Eddie Betts taking a role at Geelong?
They mentioned a couple of indigenous assistant coaches, including Betts, and other roles.

But it wasn’t specific to one player. Some of what Rendell said, in regards to indigenous coaches not liking 2 to 3 hour meetings, didn’t sit well with me, simply because some of what he said wouldn’t just apply to indigenous coaches, and wouldn’t necessarily apply to all indigenous coaches either.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
They mentioned a couple of indigenous assistant coaches, including Betts, and other roles.

But it wasn’t specific to one player. Some of what Rendell said, in regards to indigenous coaches not liking 2 to 3 hour meetings, didn’t sit well with me, simply because some of what he said wouldn’t just apply to indigenous coaches, and wouldn’t necessarily apply to all indigenous coaches either.

Rendell really really sucks.

Casual racism perhaps?

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Does anyone like 2-3 hour meetings?

fu** that.
I think with any meeting on anything the attention levels start to wane after an hour in and I think that would magnified where the participants are physical outdoor types who would rather be kicking a footy or organising drills.

Mind you some of the coaches don't mind talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back