Traded 4-way pick-swap between Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda and Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne get: pick 17, pick 49, pick 37
Melbourne give: pick 45, pick 33, future 1st (Melb)

Western Bulldogs get: pick 23, pick 44, pick 45
Western Bulldogs give: pick 17, pick 75

St Kilda get: pick 62, pick 66, future 4th (Adel)
St Kilda give: pick 49

Adelaide get: pick 33, future 1st (Melb), pick 75
Adelaide give: pick 37, pick 62, pick 66, future 4th (Adel), pick 23, pick 44

Why did Saints get involved here? What are they doing with those picks?
Those picks should probably be in the 50’s by the time the Daicos & Darcy bids are done I reckon.

Another Covid year in Vic and maybe they see a couple of roughies late in the draft they’d like to take a look at, instead of just the one? They’re could be some good players had late if the recruiters are working overtime.

Those picks should probably be in the 50’s by the time the Daicos & Darcy bids are done I reckon.

Another Covid year in Vic and maybe they see a couple of roughies late in the draft they’d like to take a look at, instead of just the one? They’re could be some good players had late if the recruiters are working overtime.

Saints have a few academy kids, did they get a points upgrade?

I'm sorry but are Melbourne stupid? How is this good in any way for them? I must be missing something
It quiet simple Melbourne wanted to get back into the first round again and are relying on having another good year next year. Like last year they traded this year’s first round to Brisbane for pick 18 & 19 last year. (Bowey & Laurie). Yes they did get two picks last year but it was a master stroke when you look at it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry but are Melbourne stupid? How is this good in any way for them? I must be missing something
Melbourne have a good young core of players, 8 premiership players were 21 or younger, have Bailey Laurie first round pick from last year yet to debut. Adding another young talent this year so they can grow develop together is better than waiting another year. Dropping back a few places in the later rounds is nothing.

I don’t mind it. We did something similar last year. Jason Taylor had had plenty of hits at the first and assume he’s got a target in mind. Of course if next year goes pear shaped we’ll lose it badly.

It's an OK deal for Melbourne but better outcome for the Dogs. I can live with it.

But not sure how the Crows expect to land Dawson?

As soon as I saw the deal I thought that your future first would go to Sydney for him? Seems about right to me but can see the Crows against the idea.

I don’t mind it. We did something similar last year. Jason Taylor had had plenty of hits at the first and assume he’s got a target in mind. Of course if next year goes pear shaped we’ll lose it badly.

IMO we won big time doing this last year we got Bowey and Laurie and now going again we got back in the draft before where our pick would have been if we keep it. If it goes pear shaped next year so be it I’ve seen a flag now I can die happy.

People said the same thing when we traded a first round pick to get Jackson and Pickett, and then the following year when we got Bowey and Laurie. 2 MASSIVE wins. We get an extra year of development into whoever we choose at pick 17. Worst comes to worse we come 5th next year and we've swapped 17 for 12. Best case scenario is that Jason Taylor (probably the best recruiter in the afl) nails yet another pick and adds further to our young list. And next year, we'll probably trade back into the first round again lol

Melb- loss
Dogs- win
Saints - loss
Crows- 50/50
How is it a loss for St Kilda?

Have you factored in how far those picks will rise once the Dogs and Pies picks are gobbled up for father son picks?

Seems like we've slightly improved our points for NGA selections and got a free future 4th for helping out.

IMO we won big time doing this last year we got Bowey and Laurie and now going again we got back in the draft before where our pick would have been if we keep it. If it goes pear shaped next year so be it I’ve seen a flag now I can die happy.

Not to get off topic but you may be seeing another won before this list is done and dusted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back