The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's why my point from the beginning of this entire debate has been that it seems absurd in a sport with so much money involved that clubs would be happy to let players remain unvaccinated and miss games.

It would be interesting to find out. Should there be an agreement within the contract to accept medical advice from official club doctors then I really don't see how a vaccination could be refused if that was the instructions of the club doctor. Medical exemptions aside of course.

I don't think you know what a strawman argument is if you think me trying to clarify your point is a strawman argument.

Barry and my and everyone else's point is that unvaccinated staff put other members of the public at risk in the workplace. Your notion that you can't prove that unvaccinated staff who test positive have passed the virus on to other staff because "they could have picked it up from going to the shops" is ridiculous.

If you're going to prove something in a court of law you need to do better than I'm positive, he's positive, he's unvaccinated therefore I caught it off him.

If there is an outbreak at work, EHO will carry out an audit of your covid safe policies and procedures as well as the physical layout of the workplace. I've been involved in two audits like that in the past two years (none of them due to an outbreak). What they won't look into is the vaccination status of your staff as we simply don't know and can't ask.

I would like to find out if that's part of a standard player contract. Can't see too many clubs willing to invest huge transfer fees only to have players go rogue and ignore medical advice.
I'm not sure. We've seen it quite a.few times (Sane went against club advice the year before he left was the last I remember but I'm sure there's been more since) but whether that's been a breach of contract that the ub have let slide, or a player exercising his rights I'm not sure.

I'm not sure. We've seen it quite a.few times (Sane went against club advice the year before he left was the last I remember but I'm sure there's been more since) but whether that's been a breach of contract that the ub have let slide, or a player exercising his rights I'm not sure.

In days gone by Luke Shaw was known to not follow the club nutrition program too closely......

Seriously - as a Barca supporter - doesn't the notion of failure actually make the good times even sweeter? How positively boring must it be supporting a club that just wins most things every year? The threat and reality of failure is the essence of football needed as the element of risk to make it all enjoyable.

Seriously - as a Barca supporter - doesn't the notion of failure actually make the good times even sweeter? How positively boring must it be supporting a club that just wins most things every year? The threat and reality of failure is the essence of football needed as the element of risk to make it all enjoyable.
Well said but I wouldn’t mind being a little bored …just for a few years

It is largely why I cannot stand the Paris, City, Chelsea blank cheque buying trophies.

The sport is so corrupt and inequitable

I don't know if winning makes that much of a difference tbh, I've seen us win it all and I've seen us be a no mans land club too and I watched every game with the same passion. Yeah winning is nice but it's not why we support our clubs.

The EPL top me has always been about who's got the most money, biggest squad wage bill, buying the best players. It's our turn atm, it wont last forever and then someone will come along. Sometimes you'll get a shock like Leicester, but rarely. The sport has been so corrupt and inequitable for like forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know if winning makes that much of a difference tbh, I've seen us win it all and I've seen us be a no mans land club too and I watched every game with the same passion. Yeah winning is nice but it's not why we support our clubs.

The EPL top me has always been about who's got the most money, biggest squad wage bill, buying the best players. It's our turn atm, it wont last forever and then someone will come along. Sometimes you'll get a shock like Leicester, but rarely. The sport has been so corrupt and inequitable for like forever.

Yeah winning things at all costs doesn't really do it for me. If (and this genuinely isn't a shot at any club) a billionaire took over the club, winning things would feel pretty hollow to me, because it wouldn't feel earned. Almost winning the FA Cup is probably the greatest I'll ever feel as a Hull supporter and that's ok with me. Winning League One was great last year and that was also largely done on a restricted budget and a lot of youth players, so also felt pretty good. But for example when we won the play off Final against Sheff Wednesday it was more a relief than a huge moment because we had a huge budget compared to most of the Championship so were expected to do well. It just didn't feel as good when it's expected.

Yeah winning things at all costs doesn't really do it for me. If (and this genuinely isn't a shot at any club) a billionaire took over the club, winning things would feel pretty hollow to me, because it wouldn't feel earned. Almost winning the FA Cup is probably the greatest I'll ever feel as a Hull supporter and that's ok with me. Winning League One was great last year and that was also largely done on a restricted budget and a lot of youth players, so also felt pretty good. But for example when we won the play off Final against Sheff Wednesday it was more a relief than a huge moment because we had a huge budget compared to most of the Championship so were expected to do well. It just didn't feel as good when it's expected.
Yeah I agree, I just like watching my team play football and whether thats winning or losing doesn't make much of a difference. Couldn't careless if its in the prem or league 1 I'll still be watching.

But im sure eveyones got a different opinion though and theres no right answer, it's just football at the end of the day.

Don't know about the rest of the country but I'm not sure the fuel crisis ever happened here.

I've filled up 3 times in the last week and a half and my longest wait was around 5 minutes (that was on the day everyone was panicking).

As for the food crisis, that'll depend on my trip to my favourite supplier of schnitzel in an hour or so. One time out of stock is a disappointment, two times and I vote for calling in the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back