Universal Love Giants ‘4’ Justice - The ‘Free Toby’ Vigil

Hopefully the draw helps us for the 1st 5 weeks
Gil is now changing the draw so we play 5 games on the road to start with WA - TAS - WA - MELB - QLD

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Today’s off-season show trial has nothing to do with TFG.

Rather, it’s an undisguised attempt to collectively punish the Giants and derail our campaign for Top 4 in 2022.

We’re going to have to collectively lift in 2022 to achieve that goal, so let’s use this latest corrupt act from VFL HQ to take motivation to the next level.

The only act the club can take in the near term to make a statement of protest is to elect Toby co-Captain.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Very p#$@ed with the decision but hopefully Toby can use the energy to focus on being a better player and more disciplined
Opportunity for others on the list in the early part of the season

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Technical point.

Can TFG play in 2022 pre-season games?

If not, why aren’t they counted in the 5 games?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Technical point.

Can TFG play in 2022 pre-season games?

If not, why aren’t they counted in the 5 games?

Suspensions are applied at the level they're received at or higher. Lower level games, i.e. VFL or preseason, don't count towards them.

Suspensions are applied at the level they're received at or higher. Lower level games, i.e. VFL or preseason, don't count towards them.
That’s called the Dangerfield rule, watch them change it for next season if suspended you can’t play practice matches and it doesn’t count towards games but 2023 put it back to the Dangerfield rule 😂

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
That’s called the Dangerfield rule, watch them change it for next season if suspended you can’t play practice matches and it doesn’t count towards games but 2023 put it back to the Dangerfield rule 😂
With the level of vitriol from VFL HQ towards Toby, I would not be surprised in the least at this happening.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Toby will be a big loss in those 5 games but how does the team make up for that structure wise and still a lot to happen before then but with the interrupted seasons I cant see any draftees being ready for the 1st half of the season
Hoping Hill sticks around and another option is for Whitfield to play a wing/HFF role or MDB to play defensive forward so plenty of options also with mid forward splits for Bruhn and Stone depending on pre seasons and established players Taranto, Green and Coniglio so it isnt all doom and gloom

Back