Toast Welcome Will Brodie

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
a) We have a s**t load of NGA prospects next year
b) Our second round pick might have ended up past #40 anyway :) (wishful thinking)
c) Wallsy and Belly love trading picks so there is no chance our draft hand ends up as just R1, R3 at time of draft

_007_

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is Brodie best 22? I really want to say yes but as I see it as an inside mid he's behind Fyfe, Mundy for a year, Brayshaw and Serong. He'd likely be our best tackler which is a point of difference I like about him. Hope he has a good preseason.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Is Brodie best 22? I really want to say yes but as I see it as an inside mid he's behind Fyfe, Mundy for a year, Brayshaw and Serong. He'd likely be our best tackler which is a point of difference I like about him. Hope he has a good preseason.

the bloke is 189 cm and 89 kg.

I see him rotated off the bench.

I actually thought he could play on a forward flank as a medium tall like a chris Mayne or Shane kersten and give Sam Sturt some competition

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Would think he leaps Banfield as a forward

and leaps Blakely as a Mid

Don't think either of them get extensions next year if Brodie shows something

Apr 8, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
20211007_161240.jpg

mr.11

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
F.C Barcelona ,Redwings
We got a kid who barracks for Freo - Hope the trade wakes him up and we see his full potential.

Looking forward to watching him run around in Freo jumper!
What number does he wear?
17?

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Have been really disappointed with the way the Suns managed Will.

in 2018 when we were struggling with injuries he finally got his shot on ball and had a month stretch where he was ranked #1 in the AFL for centre clearances over 5 weeks. Hurt his hamstring 2 weeks later but still finished the season #7 in centre clearances for 2018.

Basically never got given a go in the middle for us again, despite being an inside midfielder. Kept getting replaced by other players Dew was bringing in like Lyons, Greenwood, Rowell etc. had a few games where he was parked in a forward pocked or was a substitute over the last two years but I wouldn't worry about those.

At his best he's a clearance beast midfielder who can burst out of a pack, but without that top level speed to run the ball on the outside. He rotates forward just fine during the game and he racks up tackles in the contest as well as anyone. His disposal is nothing special but he's hardly a turnover merchant. Could pretty comfortably average 25+ possessions.

What he lacks is positional versatility. You can't park him at half back, and he's an average half-forward. Think Patrick Cripps or JPK upside.

I am really confident this is going to be another Jarryd Lyons trade for us and you guys will be absolutely laughing. The kid is super talented but just wasn't getting the opportunities he deserved with us.

good luck for 2022.
echoing the above sentiments. great kid, wish he got more of a chance with us as i think he has some real promise.

one downside is his defensive running. he's not too great at it, but in and around the contest he's a great tackler.

hopefully a seachange gives him a bit of drive to make & keep a spot in the 22, if he does i reckon he'll do great.

BStaff17

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
We got a kid who barracks for Freo - Hope the trade wakes him up and we see his full potential.

Looking forward to watching him run around in Freo jumper!
What number does he wear?
17?
Yeah park him next to mundy in the locker room will learn a thing or 2 i reckon

Freoboy in Melbs

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
To me, this is a wonderful story about determination and discipline. Guy gets picked up at heady #9, doesn’t quite live to expectation and/or is beaten by possibly better players for best 22, shows a glimmer of x, but not enough to convince, gets dropped to seconds, works hard to be the best of the comp (regular 30 disposals p/game), loses a significant 5kg, and then deservedly earns himself a second chance with an AFL club. Go Will Brodie!

Don’t * it up.

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t think it’s realistic he will suddenly become a superstar, but he could become a solid player, a fourth best mid type that you need.

Another big body in the midfield is great, especially having a dominant ruckman.

I hope he smashes preseason and lines up r1.

One thing I think will do some good for him is JLs focus on playing players to their strengths, instead of trying to turn them into something they are not.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest

As we speak, he is outside the 22 ( new recruit ), he must force his way in.

Train, train, train, match simulation after match simulation, and show JL that Brodie has come to play.

Back