Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Keldar

Senior List
Mar 13, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought the Stevens interview would be soft but Sam really stuck it up him. Probably his finest interviewing moment on the podcast as far as i am concerned. Stevens contradicted himself a few times and you could tell he felt sorry for himself and not his ex partner. As for him trying to get back into coaching? players are banned for years all the time so yeah stuff him. do something else

Sam needed to speak into the microphone though!

Tend to agree Sam did at least probe and it seemed hard to do. Still I wish they'd got someone else on the week.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought the Stevens interview would be soft but Sam really stuck it up him. Probably his finest interviewing moment on the podcast as far as i am concerned. Stevens contradicted himself a few times and you could tell he felt sorry for himself and not his ex partner. As for him trying to get back into coaching? players are banned for years all the time so yeah stuff him. do something else

Absolutely, you can tell Sam thinks he’s a piece of s**t, he gave it to him and good on him, so did Don at times.

Interviewing a convicted wife basher probably the final straw for me ever bothering to listen to this podcast again.

You should listen, they didn’t spare him at all

Go Giants

Debutant
Feb 14, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Absolutely, you can tell Sam thinks he’s a piece of sh*t, he gave it to him and good on him, so did Don at times.

I agree - it was a good episode and it’s a top podcast. They can do the odd controversial interview that some mainstream media outlets couldn’t get or wouldn’t do.

Newman & Scott aren’t beholden to any sponsors either so they can say what they want.

Keldar

Senior List
Mar 13, 2002
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Absolutely, you can tell Sam thinks he’s a piece of sh*t, he gave it to him and good on him, so did Don at times.

Agree. Sam almost like Denton on Enough Rope, Stevens came off like a s**t bloke and the longer it went on, seemed Sam reached the same conclusion..

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham

He should hopefully take notice of what happened with Shannon Grant and his recent attempt at coaching at Williamstown ammos.

just started part 1. hope sam goes hard on gladys given ICACs involvement.

Though im happily naive and happily ok to declare she innocent, sam is very forthright when it comes to corruption (andrews, icook foods etc).

ok sam just said poor old gladys investigated for sleeping with a bloke.

That's wasn't an interview mate, Sam was as soft as butter with Gatto.
I thought it was embarrassing actually

sam was intimidated, as anyone would be i feel. didnt gatto say sekta is a good bloke?

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
I didn't mind the Stevens interview, I thought all parties played their part well, and that Stevens handled himself with his responses.

I love how several times in that ep Sam says "we don't judge, because we don't know you, etc". Yet every week Sam calls Biden a decrepit imbecile fcukwit.

weareyoursuns44

Draftee
Jan 7, 2021
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Found the stevens interview interesting, lots of holes in his story and stevens tried to make us feel remorseful for him. Sam did not go lightly on him at all and obviously thinks he is a flog. Don remained pretty and tended to focus more on the footy career, although went hard on stevens at times. Was also interesting that there was a-lot they had to beep out.

haha yes!!! with sam you must take what he says with salt grain at times. in this case haha.

has he booked in for the pfizer yet? im thinking he wont have the jab

Sam and many others were regulars on the Love Boat - Wine, women, song and whatever else.

Aug 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Didn't know they even interviewed him to be honest.

Even if Sam was tough on Stevens I'm really not sure what the point of bringing him on for an interview was.

Sam actually did ask him what the point of him coming on was. I actually think Stevens is mates with Gatto, maybe it was a favour to him, I don’t know if Sam thought it was a good idea

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Agree. Sam almost like Denton on Enough Rope, Stevens came off like a sh*t bloke and the longer it went on, seemed Sam reached the same conclusion..

I'm in the minority. I didn't like the interview and the way it was constructed. But for a non-monetised podcast with zero production support, it's no big issue.

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I didn't mind the Stevens interview, I thought all parties played their part well, and that Stevens handled himself with his responses.

I love how several times in that ep Sam says "we don't judge, because we don't know you, etc". Yet every week Sam calls Biden a decrepit imbecile fcukwit.
To be fair you don't need to know Biden to be able to see he is probably worse than those three things.

Wasn’t the love boat - sam’s boat?

I’m trying to find that article but it was from 2007 it was about ex-AFL stars who were very high profile in the media - I always assumed it was TFS/MMM guys

You've got the right group of people - Don't forget the nubile young women !

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Sam is full of hypocrisy. He’s often said “an opinion can’t be wrong” but has contempt for the opinions of Rod, Don and many others.

I would stop listening if Rocket left. He’s often the voice of reason (as Mike Sheahan was) in a conversation between two grumpy old farts.

Re: Nick Stevens, why him of all people? Do they find it that difficult to find worthwhile guests to join them?

Back