Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Fair trade for both sides. Freo draft a key position gun with pick 6 and all forgotten. Still have Brayshaw and Serong so plenty of upside with their young mids.

Freo also got pick 19 for barely anything plus Brodie who has upside.

If you look at their trade period as a whole its a success.

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Fair trade for both sides. Freo draft a key position gun with pick 6 and all forgotten. Still have Brayshaw and Serong so plenty of upside with their young mids.

Freo also got pick 19 for barely anything plus Brodie who has upside.

If you look at their trade period as a whole its a success.

I expect Freo getting 19 in a good deal is a big part of the reason they didn’t haggle for a better deal from Carlton

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I expect Freo getting 19 in a good deal is a big part of the reason they didn’t haggle for a better deal from Carlton
Agreed. I think the disappointment from freo supporters comes from pre trade hyperbole.

Media were on a pretty strong anti Carlton tirade until Voss and cook were appointed.

Melbourne sniffing around, Carlton represented as desperate.

Classic bias from fans wanting inflated compensation for out of contract young players.

In the end the right deal was made.

freo99

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Still surprised Richmond didn’t go after Cerra, will be interesting to see who they pick up with their 1st in
the draft.

Jun 14, 2017
Adelaide
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide
Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
Considering you could have drafted Cerra instead of Dow who has done bugger all in comparison, I wouldn't be gloating too much.
E9EAAA0C-C2DD-4BD0-8AFE-3D7A1978900B.gif

Feb 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
I was really hoping for some melty frothy goodness from the Freo contingent but you all seem pretty well contained.

Is Chief holding you against your will?

Blink once for yes and twice for yes.

Check their board.

Aug 21, 2009
The Superego’s Palace
AFL Club
Carlton
They got a good deal. We aren’t very good at this.
We blinked, right?

Let me put it this way. If the roles were reversed and we were Freo (vom), are you telling me you wouldn’t want at least 6 and 25 for Cerra?

I *in would. We got two firsts for Gibbs FFS! I was expecting two fists!

Both clubs have done OK out of this.

Carlton will obviously be very happy. They get their man and to do it whilst keeping both this years and next years 2nd round pick is a very good result.

Fremantle will be sad to lose the player obviously, for less than what they would have liked, but that's par for the course when the player is out of contract. Pick 6 is a good pick and they've got a nice draft hand now.

Apr 25, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Both clubs have done OK out of this.

Carlton will obviously be very happy. They get their man and to do it whilst keeping both this years and next years 2nd round pick is a very good result.

Fremantle will be sad to lose the player obviously, for less than what they would have liked, but that's par for the course when the player is out of contract. Pick 6 is a good pick and they've got a nice draft hand now.

Yep sums it up. Bummed to lose him, but kudos to Cerra for choosing Carlton because it got us that awesome pick #6.

Foucault1989

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
So contrary to the consensus here Cerra always wanted to go to Carlton over Melbourne. Gave them am opportunity to pitch but decided Carlton was the right fit.

Destination club.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Darcy 2 Fyfe

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2011
Yallingup
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
I liked Cerra for sure but I don't think losing him will hurt much. It actually should be turned into a positive on draft day based on a couple of the WA forwards I've seen. I'm pretty sure that's why there was less haggling than normal.

Overhang

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Was the Giants matching not them offering the exact same amount as Geelong? They were willing to pay the cash and had the room, you don’t match otherwise.
The horse had bolted so to speak, if you really wanted to keep him (for that money) thrn you’d offer it before they make their decision to leave, Cameron was quite uncertain about leaving at that point.

Back