News New Jumpers for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:

The fact the club put out a little video to celebrate 50 years of McDonalds in Australia a few weeks ago makes me think it will definitely be Maccas.

Wouldn't probably be doing something like that if you already dumped them as a sponsor for HJs lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if they have a full blue back?
View attachment 1254747

not necessary. as a clash jumper for the geelong and collingwood matchups, it does the job. worn with white shorts, it's more distinct than the traditional home jumper with white shorts. i think as an away jumper it'll probably be worn for certain away games where it doesn't create a clash.

Isn't it the Nike Training Centre or something?
From memory part of the manufacturing deal was naming rights too - but I haven't been past there in a while

Then again, after the whole racism thing earlier this year they re structured the deal so maybe not
Naming rights were apart of the deal with Nike. But its still known as the Holden centre on the club twitter and Google maps. Holden were going to keep the rights to it after they closed up shop (maybe rename it to the after sales division)
There was an article about it, but that was before the Nike deal which was meant to include naming rights.

I'm 99% sure the Nike naming rights thing was just an unfounded BF rumour. Nothing in the announcement mentions it, and if it was going to happen you would think it would have happened by now. Holden's contract has well expired and they're barely even a brand anymore. Seems to me the club just haven't found a new sponsor yet, so are just leaving the Holden signage up until they do to save money.

What if they have a full blue back?
View attachment 1254747

This is what I'd like to see if they are bringing it back. Or if they're sticking with the blue home jumper, then an all white back. Whichever way they go, it really needs a solid back. The number panel is what makes it neither here-nor-there in terms of avoiding clashes.

Doesn't that open up the whole unbalanced front/back argument that we go over re Giants and Swans?

I like it though

I liken it to Sydney, but not GWS.

The Giants shorts being charcoal match 75% of the front, while the other 25% of the front and the full back are orange. Overall its pretty close to a 50/50 balance of colours, which reduces contrast and creats clashes.

Sydney on the other hand have red shorts matching the full back and 25% of the front, providing an overwhelming majority of the uniform as red. I've never considered Sydney to clash with white jumpers.

A bounding roo with an all-blue back and blue shorts would be perfectly adequate against Geelong in home/white IMO.

Last edited:
I'm 99% sure the Nike naming rights thing was just an unfounded BF rumour. Nothing in the announcement mentions it, and if it was going to happen you would think it would have happened by now. Holden's contract has well expired and they're barely even a brand anymore. Seems to me the club just haven't found a new sponsor yet, so are just leaving the Holden signage up until they do to save money.
Richmond did that for a year in-between ME Bank Oval and thr Swinburne Centre

Much to Groupies frustration

This is what I'd like to see if they are bringing it back. Or if they're sticking with the blue home jumper, then an all white back. Whichever way they go, it really needs a solid back. The number panel is what makes it neither here-nor-there in terms of avoiding clashes.

I liken it to Sydney, but not GWS.

The Giants shorts being charcoal match 75% of the front, while the other 25% of the front and the full back are orange. Overall its pretty close to a 50/50 balance of colours.

Sydney on the other hand have red shorts matching the full back and 25% of the front, providing an overwhelming majority of the uniform as red. I've never considered Sydney to clash with white jumpers.

A bounding roo with an all-blue back and blue shorts would be perfectly adequate against Geelong in home/white IMO.

I don't think the problem with the front and back mismatch isn't that it creates clashes, it's that it's confusing to watch when players on the same team look like they're wearing different kits depending where they're facing. it's been a problem with st. kilda's home kit forever (you can only see the red on the guernsey from specific angles, and from others it's just black and white), it was really weird with west coast when they wore the tripanel (yellow when moving left of screen, navy when moving right)

the GWS back actually does create kind of a clash with Sydney and GC though. Also I just don't think it looks good, and they could solve both of these problems by wearing the never surrender as their home jumper.

Anyway, we already know that the bounding roo with the number panel and blue block on the back solves the only true clashes that our (traditional) home jumper has: Geelong and Collingwood. We wore it against both of them in 2019 and there was significantly less of a clash than there is when both clubs wear stripes/hoops.

I don't think the problem with the front and back mismatch isn't that it creates clashes, it's that it's confusing to watch when players on the same team look like they're wearing different kits depending where they're facing. it's been a problem with st. kilda's home kit forever (you can only see the red on the guernsey from specific angles, and from others it's just black and white), it was really weird with west coast when they wore the tripanel (yellow when moving left of screen, navy when moving right)

the GWS back actually does create kind of a clash with Sydney and GC though. Also I just don't think it looks good, and they could solve both of these problems by wearing the never surrender as their home jumper.

Anyway, we already know that the bounding roo with the number panel and blue block on the back solves the only true clashes that our (traditional) home jumper has: Geelong and Collingwood. We wore it against both of them in 2019 and there was significantly less of a clash than there is when both clubs wear stripes/hoops.

Yeah GWS is problematic, it was Sydney I was defending.

I simply can't agree that the bounding roo in 2019 was effective against Geelong. It was just a complete mish-mash of blue and white, with both teams sporting blue numbers on a white base for added clash-iness. Change North to a full blue back and blue shorts with Geelong in white shorts and the contrast improves immensely. Its far better watching these teams with North in their current home kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back