List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like ocockface is potentially on the trade table at hawthorn for the right price.

He's not going ahead of Touk Anderson Rowell Swallow etc
He's no better than Dave Swallow as a player and can 't compare as a leader
These guys are going to find it tough to find future contracts
Ziebell at North
O'Meara
If Dave Swallow did go on the market no-one would take him
You wonder if anyone would take Cripps without a sweetener
Just look at Dunstan

He's not going ahead of Touk Anderson Rowell Swallow etc
He's no better than Dave Swallow as a player and can 't compare as a leader
These guys are going to find it tough to find future contracts
Ziebell at North
O'Meara
If Dave Swallow did go on the market no-one would take him
You wonder if anyone would take Cripps without a sweetener
Just look at Dunstan

If there was any confusion about my post. I certainly don't want that prick back.

Interesting read. K was approached by then-Brisbane captain Darren Lockyer about rejoining the Broncos in mid-2014 while he was with us. Both Hunt and Lockyer lived in Burleigh at the time (I believe Lockyer is still there) and it looks like they were in regular contact back then when they would visit each other's houses/talk on the phone. The article seems to suggest Lockyer convinced K to quit our club during our best season ever with the intention of returning to the Broncos but the move fell apart for one reason or another. It would have been a massive story at the time but I think Hunt knew the writing was on the wall when he was only picked once to play in our AFL team that year and really struggled with injuries. He really only had two options at that point in time - start a new career in rugby union or return to rugby league.

I'm sure there have been many 'almost' moves over the years and this is just another example of one.

I find it funny how many ex players either stay on the coast or move back up after finishing their careers.
Players complain about playing on the coast but you’ve gotta admit it’s a great lifestyle.

Not that funny.
When you are a player I suspect that lifestyle is a down the list a bit, behind things like on-field success, big crowds and big games, and off-field opportunities like cashies, media, and networking with powerful people who support your club.
So all the things we are a fair way behind at the moment.

When you stop playing then lifestyle jumps up a fair bit...

Not that funny.
When you are a player I suspect that lifestyle is a down the list a bit, behind things like on-field success, big crowds and big games, and off-field opportunities like cashies, media, and networking with powerful people who support your club.

But if we can offer the lifestyle AND on field success then player recruitment will become a lot easier.

Not that funny.

All those reasons only appeal to big headed elitist showponies.
The real men and heroes want to create and achieve something unique and special AND do it in my beautiful little city.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Davis will coach Southport's female team in their first QAFLW season next year. He has coached the Sharks women's team to back-to-back QFAW Div 1 Premierships over the last two years and now Southport are making the step up to the top state league level. It will be fascinating to see how Southport go in this competition given other Gold Coast-based QAFLW teams Bond Uni and Coolangatta have been good in recent years.

If Southport have a good year in the QAFLW, would we potentially look into bringing Davis back into the fold in a coaching sense? Even if it's just for our AFLW team, it could be worth while engaging a former Sun who has done his time learning the coaching ropes at the local level and has had impressive results. He already has an existing relationship with some of our AFLW players through his coaching stint at Southport so I can see a lot of benefit to bringing him back.

Announced this morning that former Sun Andrew Boston has signed for Labrador in the QAFL. Bozzo has been playing (and captaining) Southport for multiple years now but he's decided to head back to the QAFL to play for former teammate and current Labrador head coach Nick Malceski. It's a fairly big signing for a team like Labrador to beat out Southport for his signature and obviously they are really determined to win the QAFL flag. Does anyone have an idea of Labrador's finances? They must have a decent amount of money considering the signings they've made in the last 12 months like Malceski, Kolodjashnij and Hanley...

Announced this morning that former Sun Andrew Boston has signed for Labrador in the QAFL. Bozzo has been playing (and captaining) Southport for multiple years now but he's decided to head back to the QAFL to play for former teammate and current Labrador head coach Nick Malceski. It's a fairly big signing for a team like Labrador to beat out Southport for his signature and obviously they are really determined to win the QAFL flag. Does anyone have an idea of Labrador's finances? They must have a decent amount of money considering the signings they've made in the last 12 months like Malceski, Kolodjashnij and Hanley...

Also a bunch of ex AFL players have started leaving Southport due to reduced match payments, extra travel etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back