Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have Carlton as the clear winners here.

Cerra is a very good player with plenty of potential and no real downside risk.

Picks 5-10 aren’t certainties. I mean look at Cartlons record since 2015 with picks in that range (SPS, Dow, L.O’Brien).
Weiters, Mckay, Curnow(12), Walsh have all been ok

Weiters, Mckay, Curnow(12), Walsh have all been ok

2015 was an insane draft by Carlton no doubt but I did specifically say since then. Not sure pick 1s are relevant to the 5-10 range though.

That being said can easily Dow turning around not many players with his athletic profile and I was wrong about Philip he was a pick 20.

It’s an interesting fit.

Not sure he’s the type that’s really going to be a huge help to Walsh and Cripps in the clinches.

He’s certainly a good player, it will be interesting to see how he works in Carltons system.

You’d think the blues are starting to get a significant concentration of genuine talent on their books now.

Surely must be going to see some improved results this year you’d think.

Over the last few years we've traded in Cerra/Hewett/Williams/Saad/Martin.

In terms of bringing players into your team via trade it's a pretty good list. We now need an actual game plan to get the most out of those players.

It’s an interesting fit.

Not sure he’s the type that’s really going to be a huge help to Walsh and Cripps in the clinches.

He’s certainly a good player, it will be interesting to see how he works in Carltons system.
He'll help just by being someone that the opposition has to pay attention to. Can't go all out scragging Walsh and Cripps with Cerra there as well.

Still a week to go...

We still have pick 25, F1st & F2nd
Wonder what Brayshaw or Serong are up to

Serong strikes me as the loyal type. Can't see him ever leaving Freo, probably earmarked to be their next captain as well.

And isn't Brayshaw a WA lad as well ? (Or at least I am sure his folks live there)
Can't see him ever leaving Freo either unless he has a big falling out with J-Lo.

Dockers have a great hand in this draft to load up on gun WA kids, so they are in pretty good shape going forwards, if they can find a couple of decent young bookends (key defender and forward), they will be in fine shape going forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong strikes me as the loyal type. Can't see him ever leaving Freo, probably earmarked to be their next captain as well.
And isn't Brayshaw a WA lad as well ? (Or at least I am sure his folks live there)
Can't see him ever leaving Freo either unless he has a big falling out with J-Lo.
His parents still live in Melbourne and are actually a host family for a few of the Melbourne players and Grandad Sticksy Brayshaw lives down in Esperance.

I think his brother Hamish is still in Perth and there was a article in today's paper about Brayshaw buying a new house with his GF in East Freamantle.

His parents still live in Melbourne and are actually a host family for a few of the Melbourne players and Grandad Sticksy Brayshaw lives down in Esperance.

I think his brother Hamish is still in Perth and there was a article in today's paper about Brayshaw buying a new house with his GF in East Freamantle.
The eldest Brother also lives over here (when he's not deployed)

Dockers have a great hand in this draft to load up on gun WA kids, so they are in pretty good shape going forwards, if they can find a couple of decent young bookends (key defender and forward), they will be in fine shape going forwards.
The Brayshaws moved from WA to Vic I thiiiiiink two generations back? They have lots of extended family ties back here though.

Once upon a time I would have been sure that Serong was a 1 club player but in this age of regular player movement I'm not too sure. I think he'll at least be here longer than Cerra though.

The Brayshaws moved from WA to Vic I thiiiiiink two generations back? They have lots of extended family ties back here though.

Once upon a time I would have been sure that Serong was a 1 club player but in this age of regular player movement I'm not too sure. I think he'll at least be here longer than Cerra though.
If someone like Serong moved on in the next few years, I'm not sure I would cope...

It was a tongue in cheek post mate..
Because Fremantle supports said we should pay all those picks for Cerra..

Agree with your post though, didn't know Brayshaw's we WA thought they were from VIC..

All those picks?

Most Freo supporters have been saying pick 6 + something for weeks. Most that voted had the deal around this level. I thought it would be pick 6 and round3 to round 2 pick upgrade. You realise a third rounder by itself is worth that anyway. i.e. we take a third rounder, pair it with our newly acquired third rounder and we have a second. So same difference.

I do love the "YEESSSSS WE'VE WON TRADE WEEK" Blues supporters.

I remember similar posts from Saints supporters a couple of years ago.

That ended well.

I go back to two conversation with Cerra's and Serong cousins I had.

Cerra cousin said that he wasn't not playing in the middle and that the family went for the Tigers. She said that he wasn't sure if Cerra would stay at Fremantle.

Serong cousin said that the whole family has converted to the purple.

I think most supporters would agree. Our drafting has been far better than our trading.

To be fair, nail most of your picks in the first and second rounds this draft (especially As it seems it has several top end WA talent in it) and Freo should be a force within 3 years, provided you nail a couple of decent bookends.

I am a fan of what the Dockers are and or trying to build at your footy club, The Purple Haze are a good club run by and supported by good people, would love to see to a Freo flag within the next 5 years (as long as its not against us)

He'll help just by being someone that the opposition has to pay attention to. Can't go all out scragging Walsh and Cripps with Cerra there as well.

If Cripps can get back the kind of form that demanded two players to stand him at stoppages, having Walsh and Cerra on hand would be just the type of help you want. Neither are hard nuts but both can go inside or out if necessary.

So you're happy you sent out Pick 6 and a third for someone you don't want?

What a strange mob these Carlton folk are.
You think I have any control over who my club targets or what they trade for them? Cerra isn't what our midfield was most in need of and it still has a glaring hole with him in it.

Once he was coming for sure it was a pretty simple equation for me, don't give up 6+25 to bring him in and.after paying pick 8 for Saad I was concerned we would.

So happy you ask? Content perhaps with the trade itself, happy every Freo fan who posted in here was wrong about the trade value.

Back