Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

sum1 say something...

Last quarter, North Heidelberg were a danger of giving up an unlose-able lead as Shane and Boomer kept looking for Cooper when there were possibly better options. The kid is very good but I don't necessarily think he will be top 10 in his draft class. Will be very happy to be proven wrong.
Nothing out of the ordinary for clubs to look to use the young afl draftees to showcase them - happens all the time.

I guess he will land where he lands, if he plays small forward then he's going to be fairly dependant on how his teams midfield goes.

He, along with any draft pick we have, needs to know how s**t they will be when they first start at the club. I think we give them too many expectations of greatness, where really the expectations are that they will be honestly pretty terrible at the start and will have to work like an animal to come up to speed.

Nothing out of the ordinary for clubs to look to use the young afl draftees to showcase them - happens all the time.

I guess he will land where he lands, if he plays small forward then he's going to be fairly dependant on how his teams midfield goes.

He, along with any draft pick we have, needs to know how sh*t they will be when they first start at the club. I think we give them too many expectations of greatness, where really the expectations are that they will be honestly pretty terrible at the start and will have to work like an animal to come up to speed.
That seems to be a generational thing across all industries. I'll just take myself off to the grumpy old thread.

That seems to be a generational thing across all industries. I'll just take myself off to the grumpy old thread.

nah mate I’m 32 and I ******* categorically believe there is an overinflated sense of self from the next gen coming through

pull your heads in campaigners

nah mate I’m 32 and I ******* categorically believe there is an overinflated sense of self from the next gen coming through

Cheers, I thought I was just being a grumpy bastard when a guy who has an interview next week demanded the same pay at .8 FTE and two days a week working from home. Before he was interviewed. And it's his first job out of university.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not that good. Hype is more due to the name than the ability.

More a Joel Crocker than Luke McDonald or certain son of a criminally underrated back pocket of the 80's - mid 90's. Certainly hope I'm wrong but we really need to temper our expectations on this.

He's not that good. Hype is more due to the name than the ability.

More a Joel Crocker than Luke McDonald or certain son of a criminally underrated back pocket of the 80's - mid 90's. Certainly hope I'm wrong but we really need to temper our expectations on this.
Yep. Gut feel is that he doesn’t get drafted.

Yep. Gut feel is that he doesn’t get drafted.
At this stage doesn't appear as if we got lucky with Archer's or Boomer's boys. But they could still turn into handy players, as some mature later. Won't be stars though.

Cheers, I thought I was just being a grumpy bastard when a guy who has an interview next week demanded the same pay at .8 FTE and two days a week working from home. Before he was interviewed. And it's his first job out of university.
First job interview too I'm guessing !

these young uns need to experience a proper recession. I had a mate who wall papered a wall in his bedroom with his rejection letters back in the early 90's. he was a uni grad too

I remember being told by a boomer “so your generation will be the worst one”
We always seem to kick that can down the line

these young uns need to experience a proper recession. I had a mate who wall papered a wall in his bedroom with his rejection letters back in the early 90's. he was a uni grad too

Yeah let’s wait until they try to buy a house, that’ll wipe the grin off their face.

They'll soon get it. Uni grads are pretty quick to find out that their education was a ponzi scheme and they're not that special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back