Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Is it possible he'll be delisted with a "promise" that we'll re-draft him if no-one else does? We may be clearing the decks just so we have draft picks available for draft night.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Cumberland, Biggie, Miller and Stack not signing on yet hasn’t impressed me at all when you consider Parker has already , Aarts etc.

Stack is going to sign a 1-year deal. Miller surely will be signed up. Haven't heard much about Biggie's prospects of a new deal.
Cumberland, you know my thoughts, must be signed kids a talented prospect and we are actually needing a mid-sized forward who can play tall, has good hands and has pace.

zakazano

David Honybun clone
Sep 20, 2007
UK
AFL Club
Richmond
Is it possible he'll be delisted with a "promise" that we'll re-draft him if no-one else does? We may be clearing the decks just so we have draft picks available for draft night.
Highly possible I'd say. There are always one or two in this situation because we have to take X spaces on the list to the draft. Worst case goes back on the summer training list to take a space we hold over, I'd assume.

May 7, 2009
melbourne, australia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Shrewsbury FC
I hope that's not the case.
Looked the goods late in the year.i thought we would of given him a taste in the last rd.

He was a part of the brissie academy and even though they didn't match our bid for him, they may well snap him up for a late pick.
A small/medium goalkicker that doesn't need to win holding the ball frees to kick goals. They don't grow on trees

zakazano

David Honybun clone
Sep 20, 2007
UK
AFL Club
Richmond
I hope that's not the case.
Looked the goods late in the year.i thought we would of given him a taste in the last rd.

He was a part of the brissie academy and even though they didn't match our bid for him, they may well snap him up for a late pick.
A small/medium goalkicker that doesn't need to win holding the ball frees to kick goals. They don't grow on trees
we're drafting Matt Roberts to cover that

Oct 18, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
don't understand why he hasn't been a priority re signing....this guy was kicking bags in the against grown men in the VFL, coming off the back of an ACL. has shown more than most of our draftees in the last 2 years...unless he is homesick or wants out, I'm surprised at the rumblings of him being delisted. again it might be like Stack, we need to clarify list spots before resigning

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
A poster mentioned Fitsch, I reckon he has a bit of Isaac Heeney about him. Similar build, likes to go for his mark, aggressive, but with more pace.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
A poster mentioned Fitsch, I reckon he has a bit of Isaac Heeney about him. Similar build, likes to go for his mark, aggressive, but with more pace.
Doesn’t guard space

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
isn't there chat he doesn't want the jab?

maybe the club won't commit until he does??
He won’t get a game anywhere if he doesn’t get the jab, I hope he has another job

I'll be livid if we keep players like Aarts and Castagna and lose this guy who actually has some forward craft and skill.

yeah but if he’s an anti vaxxer he sounds like a bit of a flog. No dickhead policy at the tiges

This was from July. Im not saying it’s still the case but it’s just something to consider. That account isn’t me but I do recall seeing the posts also

9D0DDBAB-0D3B-475E-BF59-D98555D28F81.jpeg

I hope we re-sign Cumberland, but he had two very good games at VFL level (the last two), but was relatively poor before that time. To be honest, looked like the speed of the game was too much at VFL level. Let’s not get too carried away with this guy being better than Castagna who has at least two performed very well at the highest level.

As I said though, do we hope we give him one more year. I suspect for a lot of these guys (Biggie, Stack, Miller), the trade period finishing and the AFL actually finalizing the salary cap amount etc. will be the two barriers standing in the way of having extensions/ new contract being executed.

Back