Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

That's our Kenneth
I want to sack Hinkley as much as the next guy, but not sure how we can be mad at him for wanting to play a guy who's been a forward for the last three years as a forward?

Last edited:

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think this trade highlights the willingness of other clubs to trade with us knowing thst we play fair. This is a steal, but it was a no fuss trade thst didn't have any negativity.

Unlike our little sister across the road...

The will get Dawson - we’ve had those deals before too (Ryder) where we waited till the last day.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I want to sack Hinkley as much as the next guy, but not sure how we can be mad at him for wanting to play a guy who's been a forward for the last three years as a forward?

I agree, but I do hope given our recent tack that all players have been encouraged to learn an alternative role, that Jeremy's alternative role is KPD.

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Not mad. Just reckon even if lil pisty goes there's 3 KPFs in front of him, and 4 in total already on the list, only one of them ageing. If recruited as a KPD, he'd be one of two properly tall backs on the list, and Pasini aside, all of the KPD stocks of any height are late 20's and early 30s.

IMO he fits better as a cheap properly tall option to try down back in our list profile.

Not that list management is all on Ken, but I do like to blame things on him.

Not mad. Just reckon even if lil pisty goes there's 3 KPFs in front of him, and 4 in total already on the list, only one of them ageing.
I don't agree that Georgiades and Marshall, particularly Marshall, are necessarily in front of Finlayson. Statistically at least he's been pretty clearly a better player than Marshall for the last three years. Right now I have Finlayson in our best 22 as a forward for Round 1 next year.

Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't agree that Georgiades and Marshall, particularly Marshall, are necessarily in front of Finlayson. Statistically at least he's been pretty clearly a better player than Marshall for the last three years. Right now I have Finlayson in our best 22 as a forward for Round 1 next year.
He can play alongside of all of them too. That gives us 3 very athletic and mobile tall forwards to play alongside the big body of dixon. We don’t lose too much pace and pressure by playing Georgiades, Marshall and finlayson. In fact it makes us quicker than having ladhams up there like this year.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Could see him dislodging dixon for round 1.

Charlie was utterly pathetic for the final bunch of games this season and he isnt getting younger, fitter or better.

Finlayson, Marshall, Georgiades isnt the worst looking contingent of talls to go with either.
Yea I said it earlier I think they'll want a look at different forward line, the way Charlie plays is part of the forward line woes imo.

jakey

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Yeah TBH if anyone's dropping out of the quadrangle beyond pisty, I'd like it to be Dixon. We need a less predictable forward set up.

Bundilla

Debutant
Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah TBH if anyone's dropping out of the quadrangle beyond pisty, I'd like it to be Dixon. We need a less predictable forward set up.
Dixon tries hard (and I've appreciated how hard he tries). But we need more exciting movement and natural leading forwards. Yes, brain surgeon I am.

Yea lets kick to a stationery Chuck with 3 defenders on him for another 5 years it's really worked so well.
Bassett is the one to blame for that, not Dixon.

OnlyPowerForever

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not completely Charlie likes to prop & wrestle more than move at the ball carrier, we need to instruct players to ignore him entering 50 unless he's on the move.
So much this.
I'd love to go back to that horror WC final one day (when my PTSD for it recedes) just to watch Dixon moving towards the ball carrier all night. Thought he could be really could have gone elite after that. Sadly no.

Not completely Charlie likes to prop & wrestle more than move at the ball carrier,
Sure, but, either he's being told to do that (which is the coaches' fault) or he's being told not to do that but ignoring the coaches' instructions, without consequences (which is also the coaches' fault).

Back