Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

He's played nearly every single game over the last 5 years. I wouldn't be so sure of that
He was pitiful 1st half of the season, and with any other coach, would have been dropped. Buckley does have his favourites like other coaches, I imagine.
He did have a better second half. But his form past 2 years has been ordinary. Has been been to wing and half back to just get him into the game.
If the kids come along, WHE's next contract, if he gets one, will be on minimum $.

Basically said (paraphrasing) that he had no intention of using the PSD and he had never had to use it before but he has never finished 2nd last before either. (I feel he payed a straight bat to the question)

No clubs I feel really enjoy using the PSD to get a player they want. It's just a last resort mechanism, one that clubs generally prefer not to do.

Wright over time as Hawthorn list manager has shown to be a very fair and reasonable trader, so I am sure he is not trying to pull the wool over the Doggies eyes here.

The AFL is partly to blame for stand-offs like this one with their complicated points system for Father-Son bidding

No clubs I feel really enjoy using the PSD to get a player they want. It's just a last resort mechanism, one that clubs generally prefer not to do.

Wright over time as Hawthorn list manager has shown to be a very fair and reasonable trader, so I am sure he is not trying to pull the wool over the Doggies eyes here.

The AFL is partly to blame for stand-offs like this one with their complicated points system for Father-Son bidding
If it's true the Pies have offered pick 53 and 58 (equivalent of pick 43), then it's more than fair.

If it's true the Pies have offered pick 53 and 58 (equivalent of pick 43), then it's more than fair.

Agreed, especially as Carlton got less than that for SPS whom has played more games at AFL level and is roughly the same age as Lipinski.

Beats me why the Dogs don't accept that deal.

Agreed, especially as Carlton got less than that for SPS whom has played more games at AFL level and is roughly the same age as Lipinski.

Beats me why the Dogs don't accept that deal.
Wouldn't be surprised if 'ego' is coming in to play.

I have no doubt that Wright is reasonable and fair or a deal won't get done.

The F/S situation does add an interesting twist to it and unique (2 highly rated FS, 2 clubs entering the trading period with not particularly strong draft hands).
From what we know Daicos could go at 1 or 4. Darcy at 2 or 3 (depending on what NM do).
And of course that impacts what each club requires to hold in draft picks on draft night and what each club can negotiate with.

Power and Wright do have time on their side. This trade isn't holding anything else up, and they could potentially leverage something as a third party in another trade.

Funny how people don't understand clubs have or need other deals in the works to happen first before a deal is done. Also funny how fans don't understand Hutchy likes to leave trade announcements to the final days of the trade period creating drama for a big finish for listeners of trade radio.
I really don’t think the Lipinski trade is what they’re hoping for for high drama on the final trade day.

I really don’t think the Lipinski trade is what they’re hoping for for high drama on the final trade day.
Agree, doesn't suit the media or the AFL to have all trades completed within the first day of trade period. AFL misses out on 2 weeks publicity and the media missed out on 2 weeks of re-hashed content.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WBD wants pick 36 for Lipinski when a better, more accomplished and more talented SPS went for pick 52. And that's before you consider how we can easily get Lipinski via PSD...

Clearly WBD thinks we are stupid
Pick 52 for SPS says more about him and his complete relationship breakdown with Carlton then it does Lipinski.

I don't think that is true.

For the same reason as Collingwood - we are restricted by the number of list spots we can both use on out F/S
Ok but it’s not our job to sort out your list needs.

Why didn’t you ask for a higher pick for Young?

Why are you asking for more than double for Lipinski than you did for Young?

Funny how people don't understand clubs have or need other deals in the works to happen first before a deal is done. Also funny how fans don't understand Hutchy likes to leave trade announcements to the final days of the trade period creating drama for a big finish for listeners of trade radio.

Heard rumors that Hutchy and Trade Radio and Fox Footy get Trade Putten Off so the can Announce them when they want

I thought p44 was going back. Equivalent to a pick in the late 50's
And yes. it isn't your problem to sort out our list needs.

Because we rate him higher than Young plus Collingwood have probably offered him a nice jump in salary too to lure him into asking for a trade.

You seem very desperate to turn this trade into something it’s not. It’s really not the exciting trade saga you desperately want it to be.

Because we rate him higher than Young plus Collingwood have probably offered him a nice jump in salary too to lure him into asking for a trade.
I think he's leaving for opportunity - don't believe the Pies have any cap space for a bidding war based on bucks!

Basically said (paraphrasing) that he had no intention of using the PSD and he had never had to use it before but he has never finished 2nd last before either. (I feel he payed a straight bat to the question)
Really, I got the distinct feeling he’s made his offer and will just leave it with the WBD to take it or leave it. I felt he was quite flippant and confident about the whole deal.

That vacant list spot and subsequent draft pick may be quite valuable on draft night.

The Tarrant/Coleman Jones has really Hurt Collingwood Chances
Not by much, just means they're likely to take him with PSD Pick 2 rather than getting him for 58 and having a go at someone else at PSD time - I'd prefer they got him for 58 as that then means we can target someone else at the PSD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back