Wheel of Time

Remove this Banner Ad

It might be a defining feature in the book, but the question is can they identify them in the show in another way that doesn't require either vast makeup/GCI or young actresses who look to young an inexperienced.

Certainly not worth getting bothered over, doesn't change who or what they are.
It's how other characters in the books can easily identify them. They see the "ageless face" and instantly know they're Aes Sedai.

Just because someone wears a green cloak, doesn't automatically mean that they're Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. It could be just a nobody, who happens to have a green cloak. When someone sees an "ageless face" though, the meaning is unambiguous.

It's how other characters in the books can easily identify them. They see the "ageless face" and instantly know they're Aes Sedai.

Just because someone wears a green cloak, doesn't automatically mean that they're Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah. It could be just a nobody, who happens to have a green cloak. When someone sees an "ageless face" though, the meaning is unambiguous.
Right. In the books…

I’m sure they’ll be easily identifiable in the show by some other measure…

So, first song from the soundtrack has been released.

Don’t know which thread to put it in.

Apparently the title is Al’Naito, which is apparently old tongue for Of the Flame, so maybe something to do with Tar Valon?

It‘s hard to know what I think without context, I feel it’s going to divide people, very different from GoT and LoTR soundtracks. WoT fandom thinks it might also be sung in the old tongue?

So the blond from the casts social media posts the WoT fandom has been speculating is Elayne has been confirmed as Elayne, Ceara Coveney. Also they released Moiraine and Lan’s Winespring Entrance scene as well. It’s on the Amazon YouTube channel.

Very different to that scene in the books and it looks like they’re not even trying to hide Moiraine is Aes Sedai in The Two Rivers. The entrance has a very over dramatic, old school western feel to it in my opinion

I’m trying to wait until I see the whole episode before I make judgements as I know the show is going to be very different, it’s really hard though, because there’s a couple of little things I’m not enjoying.

Overall I’m still looking forward to checking it out and I wonder if I’m just getting nervous as the date gets closer.

Also Josha has gotten further in the books than I have, he’s on book 11 and seems to be enjoying the series.

Three new cast confirmations.

The blonde is of course Elayne.

The other two haven’t had their characters revealed; Verin, Elaida and Selene are popular guesses on Reddit as they’re filming season 2 now, Rafe said they were playing important characters on the panel apparently.

So, first song from the soundtrack has been released.

Don’t know which thread to put it in.

Apparently the title is Al’Naito, which is apparently old tongue for Of the Flame, so maybe something to do with Tar Valon?

It‘s hard to know what I think without context, I feel it’s going to divide people, very different from GoT and LoTR soundtracks. WoT fandom thinks it might also be sung in the old tongue?

I get real Witcher 3 (particularly Skellige) vibes from that song. Not complaining though as I think that suits WoT more than a GoT or LoTR score. At least early in the series.

So the blond from the casts social media posts the WoT fandom has been speculating is Elayne has been confirmed as Elayne, Ceara Coveney. Also they released Moiraine and Lan’s Winespring Entrance scene as well. It’s on the Amazon YouTube channel.

Very different to that scene in the books and it looks like they’re not even trying to hide Moiraine is Aes Sedai in The Two Rivers. The entrance has a very over dramatic, old school western feel to it in my opinion

I’m trying to wait until I see the whole episode before I make judgements as I know the show is going to be very different, it’s really hard though, because there’s a couple of little things I’m not enjoying.

Overall I’m still looking forward to checking it out and I wonder if I’m just getting nervous as the date gets closer.

Also Josha has gotten further in the books than I have, he’s on book 11 and seems to be enjoying the series.

I feel the same way. I would have preferred the book version but I understand with time constraints they can't afford the mystery.

Three new cast confirmations.

The blonde is of course Elayne.

The other two haven’t had their characters revealed; Verin, Elaida and Selene are popular guesses on Reddit as they’re filming season 2 now, Rafe said they were playing important characters on the panel apparently.

The one on the left could very well be Lanfear. The other gives me both Verin and Cadsuane vibes but it too early for Cadsuane.

The one on the left could very well be Lanfear. The other gives me both Verin and Cadsuane vibes but it too early for Cadsuane.
Yeah Verin and Lanfear seem to be the popular guesses for these two and I agree with the popular vote. The one with black hair certainly gives off Lanfear vibes. IMO.

I think I’d be disappointed if it turned out the one on the right wasn’t Verin. Lol

I have seen a few people say the black haired one could be Elaida and that makes more sense to me. I thought Elaida had already been cast but that is Liandrin that had been. It makes sense that if Elayne is showing up in season 2 and they stick to the books that Elaida shows up at the same time.

I have seen a few people say the black haired one could be Elaida and that makes more sense to me. I thought Elaida had already been cast but that is Liandrin that had been. It makes sense that if Elayne is showing up in season 2 and they stick to the books that Elaida shows up at the same time.
True it could be Elaida. Elaida, Verin and Lanfear all show up in book 2. I definitely think those two castings are one of Elaida, Lanfear, Verin.

Are you talking about the Rand/Egwene photo? Hardly a spoiler at this point after the teaser trailer. As for the change, I doubt anyone will be bothered by it. We knew in the books that they had some sort of thing going and if the show want to ham it up for the screen then so be it.
Really this is the only one of the changes that is major. Sure Moraine revealed as Aes Sedai changes the start a bit, but once the Winter night attack happens everyone knows anyway. Rand / Egwene getting it on changes both their arcs majorly. Egwene was very much a prude in the books. She fretted about kissing Gawyn and blushed at seeing his dreams. Rand was only marginally less so. He has the character arc of just kissing Elayne, then getting on with Avi and thinking how their relationship shouldn't have changed how it did afterwards. If he and Egwene go from effectively engaged, but never physical to just friends, before finding real relationships, to having sex, that's major rework of the story all the way through to at least book 6 for these two.

To be honest the changes we know about so far are less than what you would expect with an adaption from book to TV for such a expansive series.

I didn't particularly rate the entrance into the common room, too cheesy, but they need to make this series work with viewers with no background in the series, and that sort of scene will trigger memories of many other movies people remember fondly and help endear them to this series and give it a chance..... at least that is the theory.

If this series takes off and runs 7 to 10 seasons, by season 4 or 5 it will be markedly different in pacing, order and even content to the books. We will be talking about the scenes that mirrored the books as notable outliers, rather than the nrom

I didn't particularly rate the entrance into the common room, too cheesy, but they need to make this series work with viewers with no background in the series, and that sort of scene will trigger memories of many other movies people remember fondly and help endear them to this series and give it a chance..... at least that is the theory.

That might not be the exact way it happens in the show. Somebody looked at the metadata for that clip and apparently it has been chopped up quite a bit.

I do agree that it looks cheesy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Wheel of Time drop!

Looks like they actually are going to colour the weaves and Saidin is black?

I wonder if the colour Of the weaves comes into perspective depending on who’s POV we’re following at the time?

That makes it look like they are going to play Logain up as the Dragon Reborn to throw viewers off Rand's scent.
Yep, we thought as much, but it looks like it’s more or less confirmed. Plus gives the viewers an idea of just how destructive a male channeller is.

I always pictured Logain as a little more regal or powerful even early on, broad shouldered and standing tall but you can see how he could switch to that as the plot develops. Everything so far from the cast to the cgi to the narrative choices look solid enough and now it just comes down to the script... If they have been given decent writing this could really work and if not well none of the rest will matter 🤞 .

I find it interesting that they seem to have gone for a more monastic look for the white cloaks instead of Knights Templar. Not sure how I feel about that, they are quite zealous I suppose, but then so were the Knights Templar weren’t they?

As for Thom, I think it’s funny that they seem to have gone more rock god than bard, I miss his mustache and his gleemens cloak already, but I’m keeping an open mind!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back