What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Some more Robert Randolph with his 13 string pedal steel guitar. Amazing. If these don't get your feet tapping, you ain't got any!

I listened to Mike Auldridge's "Blues and Blue Grass" again recently. A really wonderful album.
This is the last track from the album, "Everybody Slides" with Lowell George from Little Feat. Great guitarists.

The odds on this collaboration being the brainchild of and produced by Jeff Lynn, with Prince perhaps adding the odd suggestion, are Winx like...!

From what I've read - Petty has rarely organized anything in his life, Winwood is so unreliable you'd need to collect him on the way to the venue and Harrison (aside from being George's son) I don't know anything about...

Last edited:
The odds on this collaboration being the brainchild of and produced by Jeff Lynn, with Prince perhaps adding the odd suggestion, are Winx like...!

From what I've read - Petty has rarely organized anything in his life, Winwood is so unreliable you'd need to collect him on the way to the venue and Harrison (aside from being George's son) I don't know anything about...
Most of these things are organised by promoters. Still a decent set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of these things are organised by promoters. Still a decent set.

A risk of protracting a debate - Yes, promoters book the venue, coordinate the technical set-up, undertake the marketing and are sometimes involved in artists contracts - but they have very little say in what is actually performed on stage and by who - as in most cases, it's simply not their role...

A risk of protracting a debate - Yes, promoters book the venue, coordinate the technical set-up, undertake the marketing and are sometimes involved in artists contracts - but they have very little say in what is actually performed on stage and by who - as in most cases, it's simply not their role...
Yeah I really dont know hey. I just drink and listen too tunes.
More into hardcore politcal punk. No promoters etc, hell some dont even have labels or contracts

Yeah I really dont know hey. I just drink and listen too tunes.
More into hardcore politcal punk. No promoters etc, hell some dont even have labels or contracts

No worries, I've worked with a few promotors in the past, providing legal contractual advice and for what they do and the risks they undertake, most of them are paid a pittance and without insurance, some simply couldn't exist.
Huge amounts of day/hours, coordinating and managing checklists into checklist details and then the artist arrives and says; 'don't like the lighting, the stage is too high, get rid of the first 10 rows of seats, why isn't there fresh fruit in my green room?' etc. etc.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back