Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Those interview snippets in Live Corruption are hilarious.

"It's Repulsion with a few Canterbury vocal wipeouts ya know what I mean?"

At least, I think that's what they're saying. Jeff Walker in the Carcass live video is even harder to understand.
Tbh I could hardly understand wtf they were saying between songs haha.. I'll defiantly be watching it again though, was a killer show!!

This is absolutely *ingg brilliant if you like 70s rock/proto-metal. Stunning album.

I just gave their first album a spin based on your recommendation of the band. Perfect soundtrack to an hour of study on a Sunday evening. I'll be sure to check out the next two albums as well.

Ripping mail today. Pharmacist shirt and a couple of Pharmacist cds, Grave ep, Altered Dead cd, Mvltifission cd, Amorphia x 2 cds, Organic Infest cd and Dark Oasis cd. Plus Elfen Lied omnibus 4. Also Platinum End started today James Colorado - worth checking out if you have Crunchy Roll/Funimation.

I was stoked when they reformed, but this alum never did it for me.
Demise of the Clone the only song I rate highly off of that.

I think it is a decent album though nothing gets near the 90s material.

Wonder if Hobbs and co will make it down here one more time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decided to rank the Bathory albums from fav to least fav.....

Twilight of the Gods > Bathory > Hammerheart > Nordland I > Under the Sign of the Black Mark > Blood Fire Death > The Return > Nordland II > Blood on Ice > Destroyer of Worlds > Requiem > Octagon

The bottom 3 are easy, definitely the worst stuff he put out....

Twilight of the Gods > Bathory > Hammerheart > Nordland I > Under the Sign of the Black Mark > Blood Fire Death > The Return > Nordland II > Blood on Ice > Destroyer of Worlds > Requiem > Octagon

Blood Fire Death > Bathory > Under the Sign of the Black Mark > Twilight of the Gods

The rest I don't really care that much for tbh but still:

Hammerheart > Nordland 1 > Nordland 2 > Blood on Ice > The Return > Requiem > Destroyer of Worlds > Octagon

Tough one. I’ll use a different ranking system.

Most listened to

Under the Sign/Hammerheart/Blood on Ice

Listened to a lot

Bathory, The Return, Blood Fire Death, Nordland 1, Nordland 2

Barely listened to

Twilight of the Gods (not sure why this never really clicked) & Requiem (not that bad)

Pass

Octagon & Destroyer of Worlds

3 weeks until the new Khemmis record is out

a2933389309_10.jpg

SH my favourite Death album. Murphy one of the best lead guitarists in metal - was sensational on SH and absolute magic on Cause of Death. He lifted Death Shall Rise too. Disincarnate never clicked with me and not a big fan of his solo material. Imagine he joined King Diamond and traded solos with LaRocque. Be arguably the best duo ever.

SH my favourite Death album. Murphy one of the best lead guitarists in metal - was sensational on SH and absolute magic on Cause of Death. He lifted Death Shall Rise too. Disincarnate never clicked with me and not a big fan of his solo material. Imagine he joined King Diamond and traded solos with LaRocque. Be arguably the best duo ever.

Did pretty well on Testament - Low, too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back