Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

So what does our 11 look like for the Ashes.

I guess Warner is still there. Labs and Smith. So 3 batting spots. I’ve forgotten the 11 last summer. Think Burns was in and Wade. Bowling the usual 4 I guess. Cummins, Hazelwood, Lyons. Then either Starc or Pattinson.

FBVU8LfXoAYwU6y

Mind you it is possible with a third string Indian side apparently.

So what does our 11 look like for the Ashes.

I guess Warner is still there. Labs and Smith. So 3 batting spots. I’ve forgotten the 11 last summer. Think Burns was in and Wade. Bowling the usual 4 I guess. Cummins, Hazelwood, Lyons. Then either Starc or Pattinson.
The most likely 11 is:

Pucovski
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

The most likely 11 is:

Pucovski
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Head
Green
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood
How many chances does Head get before they realise he isn't up to the level?

Warner
Khawaja
Marnus
Smith
Pucovski?
Green
Paine
Cummins
Neser/Patto
Lyon
Hazelwood

No Starc for mine. I know they won't pick Ussie but he is out 2nd best opening option in the country IMO.

This should be 5 nil. One of the worst English line ups to tour Aus in a long time. Outside of Root can't see them making enough runs. Bairstow and Buttler might chip in a bit but hard to see them dominating.

Bowling line up is shiteeeeee.

This should be 5 nil. One of the worst English line ups to tour Aus in a long time. Outside of Root can't see them making enough runs. Bairstow and Buttler might chip in a bit but hard to see them dominating.

Can't bat, can't bowl, can't field, eh?

Warner
Khawaja
Marnus
Smith
Pucovski?
Green
Paine
Cummins
Neser/Patto
Lyon
Hazelwood

No Starc for mine. I know they won't pick Ussie but he is out 2nd best opening option in the country IMO.

If you are not playing Starc, Jhye Richardson is the one. There's a bit of sameness about the attack if you have Cummins and then a Pattinson/Neser. You need variety.

No idea on the second opener, honestly is Pucovski even fit for once in his life? If he isn't someone like Bryce Street comes into play with a good start to the Shield year. I don't want Burns there we know he's not the answer.

That's what they said about the Aussies of 89 and look what happened then

Don't underestimate the opposition still quality in the english line up.

Burns is crap but still manages to score runs against us

Malan scored a hundred here against us last tour ...enjoys our conditions.. played well against india

Root...class

Bairstow struggles at test level but when on can be dangerous

plus pope

So there is quality there ...saying that I expect us to win 3 to one with one draw

I am hoping its going to be a hot summer so we can ....grind anderson and broad into the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There it is.
Pucovski and Green. Totally forgot them. Hope Head get in and makes some runs to cement his spot. If Patto is is fit I hope he is in.

Can't we move past Head seriously how many more opportunities does one need? Pattinson won't be picked over the 3 that are in and Jhye is just as good too.

Pucovski
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Green
Carey/McDermott (whoever has a better Shield coming in)
Paine (+, c)
Pattinson
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood

Anybody suggesting Richardson needs to shut up because he hasn't played a FC game in nearly 2 years. Neser is a maybe ahead of Patto depending on the deck and conditions but Pattinson is the most likely if they ever drop Starc. Carey and McDermott ahead of Head because he averages 31 if you take out the two tests against a Sri Lankan attack that was about as dangerous as South Australia's in Aussie conditions.

Pucovski
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Green
Paine (+, c)
Pattinson
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood

Anybody suggesting Richardson needs to shut up because he hasn't played a FC game in nearly 2 years. Neser is a maybe ahead of Patto depending on the deck and conditions but Pattinson is the most likely if they ever drop Starc. Carey and McDermott ahead of Head because he averages 31 if you take out the two tests against a Sri Lankan attack that was about as dangerous as South Australia's in Aussie conditions.

Surely there are more middle order bats than playing a second keeper which is not something we've really done. There has to be. Why not Pucovski in the middle order and bring an opener in and there a few openers getting runs, Steet has just made a ton, the Tassie opener has close to 200 runs in the last shield game. Not sue on McDermott, doesn't seem to make big hundreds which makes me nervous, he's an option though. Anyone rather than Head though, enough is enough.

I can't see them not picking Starc, they want variety, especially Starc which will help Lyon.

Pucovski
Warner
Labuschagne
Smith
Green
Paine (+, c)
Pattinson
Cummins
Lyon
Hazlewood

Playing this weekend against tassie .....which is good to see

He does average 40 in test cricket and just made 160 odd so I don't think the selectors are going to move on with him....just yet

Take out that SL series and it's 31. That SL series was a joke, anyone could have got runs against that attack.

Warner
Khawaja
Marnus
Smith
Pucovski?
Green
Paine
Cummins
Neser/Patto
Lyon
Hazelwood

This is what baffles me....is why Khawaja when he got dropped from the test side instead of going back to QLD to open he moves himself down to 4 ...I reckon Burns is best suited down the order and Ussie should open for QLD

This is what baffles me....is why Khawaja when he got dropped from the test side instead of going back to QLD to open he moves himself down to 4 ...I reckon Burns is best suited down the order and Ussie should open for QLD

Yep same, he clearly is the best opener besides Warner...

Reality is we have moved on from Khawaja anyway, so I'm not fussed where he bats for QLD.

I mean, if you ignore Will Pucovski being better, sure.

He planning to stay fit for more than a game this time? I rate him but there is surely some merit in easing him into the side in the middle order. Can't have your opener breaking down every second game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back