Player Watch Patrick Lipinski

Remove this Banner Ad

So is he a dud or a stud?Some people here seem to think he’s the former and some seem to think he’s the latter.I suspect as always the truth lies somewhere between those two extremes.

He struggled to get a game for the Bulldogs over the past few years, hopefully a new club will propel him to being a good solid mid.

The Lip: Pick 28 in 2016. 56 games. 30 goals. Age 23.

How many players.. have got those sorts of stats.. freakazoids from the get go or whatever and that re sort of a thing. Wouldn't say all that many I reckon. The Lip is around about the mark of a J Daicos.. Ben Long.. these types.. similar stats.. still not quite there yet. I think it's a pretty decent trade at 43.. developed at the Dogs for 5 yrs.. we get rewarded with good consistent football. If not.. so be it. Plenty of clubs have gotten shafted with picks around about that mark.

Last edited:
So is this bloke coming in to fill Phillips spot? Big tank, better disposal (although I feel Philips wasn't as bad as people seemed to think), more about linking up and speed by disposal than carrying the ball through lines like say Treloar used to. Probably a winger to sit outside the stoppages?

Jesus pick 30 for McLarty brings back bad memories
28 - Lipinski
29 - Shai Bolton
30 - McLarty

Didn't we have some interest in Shai?
I'm sure I read that, but didn't realise we were so close.

Can we now see why Hine drafts non - bigs.
If Shai had been available?
If Selwood lasted 1 more pick to us, would we still have picked Ben Reid etc?

He struggled to get a game for the Bulldogs over the past few years, hopefully a new club will propel him to being a good solid mid.

11 games this year is not bad in a team stacked with midfield talent and who played off in the grand final. Ed Richards was injured too so I assume someone else may have been missing out of he was available. Struggled to get a game would better describe someone who didn't get a game during the season.

28 - Lipinski
29 - Shai Bolton
30 - McLarty

Didn't we have some interest in Shai?
I'm sure I read that, but didn't realise we were so close.

Can we now see why Hine drafts non - bigs.
If Shai had been available?
If Selwood lasted 1 more pick to us, would we still have picked Ben Reid etc?

Yeah read we rated him early and couldn’t believe he was next pick for us and so excited but got piped at the post

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

PPS: To those who feel inclined to jump in and beat TD to it. I get that you have the right to do it, but is there any chance you can just leave it to TD?
It’s become a bit of a tradition around here.

Lol bigger things to worry about tbh who cares either way.

Lol bigger things to worry about tbh who cares either way.
You’re right, it’s not that big a deal. Just think we should let TD
do it. He does a great job and really loves it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I think this is a great pick up

With stats like that.. still developing.. star studded midfield.. not an out and out forward.. team balance.. not easy finding form when you're in and out of the side.. etc.. it's not that bad an effort to play 11 games.

What nothing about his looks and and where you sit on relationships.

sums it up most appropriatel 👏
The Lipinski trade is clearly connected to International Declare your sexuality day

* not homo (might make an exception in a threesome involving Trey Ruscoe and his mum.)

11 games this year is not bad in a team stacked with midfield talent and who played off in the grand final. Ed Richards was injured too so I assume someone else may have been missing out of he was available. Struggled to get a game would better describe someone who didn't get a game during the season.

He didn’t even make the emergencies for the 2nd half of the year, clearly he was not rated in their best 26 players by the coaches… I think struggled for games is pretty fair.

He didn’t even make the emergencies for the 2nd half of the year, clearly he was not rated in their best 26 players by the coaches… I think struggled for games is pretty fair.
Clearly, like some over the years, has fallen out of Bevo's favour.

Love the skills that he’ll bring and the guy running. An upgrade on Tom Phillips potentially. Don’t like the lack of tackle and contest, I was critic but now that you’re on board welcome and I’ll back you all the way. Please prove me wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back