Recommitted Tristan Xerri [contracted and requested a trade to St Kilda, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt he needs to put on strength bit he's clearly rated higher than Heath, as was Moyle.

I'm expecting Heath is going to take a while like most young rucks.

Not at TAC level they weren't. Heath will be the best of the three.

Not at TAC level they weren't. Heath will be the best of the three.
Not so sure about that.

In terms of pure ruck, I think Moyle is ahead of him. He beat Heath in when they met early in the year. Moyle was also impressive in the VFL.

In terms of talent, Edwards is ahead of both of them. He's just more of a ruck forward than a pure ruck.

Heath is a good prospect, but he's hardly a lock to be a gun. That's why he was the 4th ruck taken in the mid season draft after not getting drafted in his draft year.

if the 2nd rounder talk is true then saints need to walk away. we don't desperately need Xerri, the whole idea behind getting him, is that he comes cheap. if he doesn't we need to walk away

Plus we haven't got a 2nd rounder.

If we were considering that much (or a future pick), I wonder why we aren't talking to Ladhams.

Fair enough for them to try.

We probably offered a 4th, they reply wanting a 2nd. Future 3rd seems about right.
It might be F2 with a current 3rd rounder going back, or something several layers more complicated. This is the time of year when list managers need to justify their income. I'll guess at Xerri + F4 + 72 for F2.

Brady Rawlings has been putting to many illicit substances up that massive honker of his

Brady Rawlings has been putting to many illicit substances up that massive honker of his
Why?.. because he's trying to get the best deal for his club as one of his contracted players has requested to join St Kilda and they've obviously spoken to him on the down-low?

Turn it up..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully we just walk away.

Whether he is contracted or not, a future 2nd for someone like Xerri is just laughable.

As much as I like to be a club that gets things done when players nominate us, 2nd rounder is overs. Jack Steele, Jack Higgins are both future 2nd round trades. I think Bell reaming us on the Hill deal has made us a soft target. Definitely walk away from anything more than 3rd round.

North are well within their rights to nominate a price they see is fitting for what is a contracted player. they are doing nothing wrong, even if the request is insane.

St Kilda if they don't like the request are free to move on. I hope they do so.

no point haggling over what is depth.

As much as I like to be a club that gets things done when players nominate us, 2nd rounder is overs. Jack Steele, Jack Higgins are both future 2nd round trades. I think Bell reaming us on the Hill deal has made us a soft target. Definitely walk away from anything more than 3rd round.
Wouldnt say we are a soft target. Gags has paid fair prices on almost every trade he's done. The Hill trade is the only one he's paid overs for but what he managed to do with 2 first round pick that trade period was impressive.

I'd still be wanting something back if it was a 3rd rounder. We are talking about someone who is 4th-5th in line at his club to ruck, shown basically nothing at AFL level and whose club has bought in 2 higher rated rucks in the past 6 months. He shouldn't be worth much at all.

3rd rounder feels right. The kid is behind North's depth ruckman (Campbell) and ahead of ours (Hunter). Unless North see him as being the long term Goldstein replacement it's an easy trade.
that's not quite right - Xerri's VFL form (which was genuinely outstanding in a side being heavily beaten most weeks) pushed Campbell aside; admittedly Xerri's form in the ones was not terrific, but he was being played as a second tall when he'd done his best work as a ruck, and he only went out right at the end of the season when injured

We got reamed by Richmond on the CCJ deal so probably want to save face on this one haha

Saints better off waiting a year and seeing if Xerri is getting a game or not before going back in for him. Wonder if Xerri requesting a trade might have been him giving the club an ultimatum that he wants to play in the ruck. His game time to date in the seniors has been mostly as a forward which doesn't really suit his attributes. Goldy is great but having him dominate the ruck minutes does mean anyone that partners him has to be a capable forward. Probably a big reason we got CCJ in. Goldy won't be around forever but I can understand Xerri being impatient. We certainly aren't pushing Goldy out the door while he is still producing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back