Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Who blinks first I wonder

FREMANTLE and Geelong remain fixed in a stand-off over Jordan Clark, with two days left for the Cats speedster to make his way to the Dockers.

While the threat of Geelong holding Clark to the final year of his contract remains alive, it is expected one club will relent and allow the 20-year-old to get to his club of choice.

The Cats are firm on their position that they expect either pick No.19 on its own in exchange for Clark or pick No.22 and the Dockers' future third-round selection, which is tied to Carlton.

The Dockers' position remains that pick No.22 is fair compensation for Clark, who is in search of more opportunities.
Still think they will work out something between 22 and 22/F3

A swap of F3 for F4

Alternatively we wait for the ruckman domino to take effect. Geelong are part of that process with Darcy Fort. Brisbane reportedly offering multiple picks in the 50’s and 60’s. We could upgrade one or both of our picks in the 60’s slightly.

We are going to the draft with 6,8,19. Nothing will change on that between now and 7:30AEST Wed.

Who blinks first I wonder

FREMANTLE and Geelong remain fixed in a stand-off over Jordan Clark, with two days left for the Cats speedster to make his way to the Dockers.

While the threat of Geelong holding Clark to the final year of his contract remains alive, it is expected one club will relent and allow the 20-year-old to get to his club of choice.

The Cats are firm on their position that they expect either pick No.19 on its own in exchange for Clark or pick No.22 and the Dockers' future third-round selection, which is tied to Carlton.

The Dockers' position remains that pick No.22 is fair compensation for Clark, who is in search of more opportunities.

22 alone is overs but barely acceptable overs. Line in the sand for me. 22 is it.

Colin Young is ALMOST certain Lobb will stay at freo. That word almost.

Sounds like he's trying squeeze more money out of GWS tbh.
I'm almost certain, that's he's certain, that he's full of sh*t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that at this point of the negotiations that Fremantle has said that Lobb leaving won't be something Freo contributes to financially to make it work for him. If he wants to move to a new club he will need to wear a significant financial cost for that.

Such that Lobb wasn't satisfied with the GWS offer enough to request a trade there.

As long as you are happy with Meek in the forwardline ;) I personally think Meek still has more development and potential in him but others seem to have less faith.
I think there is as well, we’ve let a fair bit of his development slide, but if we can concentrate his
training I believe we can make it work.

I like that at this point of the negotiations that Fremantle has said that Lobb leaving won't be something Freo contributes to financially to make it work for him. If he wants to move to a new club he will need to wear a significant financial cost for that.

Such that Lobb wasn't satisfied with the GWS offer enough to request a trade there.
I must say , we were all forlorn and down in the dumps about Cerra leaving but imagine being a GWS supporter!!
That club has a ridiculously bad retention rate of its players .

Good for the rest of us I guess .

I must say , we were all forlorn and down in the dumps about Cerra leaving but imagine being a GWS supporter!!
That club has a ridiculously bad retention rate of its players .

Good for the rest of us I guess .

Stuff them. They've barely existed for a minute and had more first round picks than we have in our entire history. If they have had more first round picks traded away it might mitigate that a bit, I'll look into it.

That he wasn't willing to screw us over raises his stakes a little in my eyes.

Will we Watch this narrative become...
"Scrooge-like Dockers refuse righteous responsibility to contribute to Rory's pension jar"
Or
"Poor Rory trapped at Cockburn on 700k by tight-arse greedy Dockers"?

Is there any reason why we don't just offer Geel 22 and 61?
They know they have squeezed this dry already

Since GWS entered the competition in the 2011 draft (so excluding the players they were able to list outside the draft in Sheil, Treloar etc...):

GWS has taken 38 first round picks, 20 of them moved to another club. That's 52.6%

In that same period Fremantle has used 13 first round picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back