The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atley is easily the worst 200 gamer of all time, would've only played 70-80 games across 2-3 clubs if he wasn't one of Bwads favourites imo. Yeah you take the good and bad with Hall, perhaps settling down at half back will make him more accountable, but could also help his durability as he has been a bit injury prone over the years too.

Yeah your forwards will sort themselves out in time, plenty of forward/ruck types to pump games into as you've mentioned. Is Taylor still playing forward or is he out of favour these days? Kanye has been there for ages, is he still getting a run because it's a position you're light in?
I thought Anthony Rocca was the worst 200 gamer of all time :p

Atley literally never improved after being drafted which is an issue North has had up until Scott was given the arse. Definitely a coaches pet who North have carried for years. Taylor hasn't really locked down a position yet. He shows flashes but might be one of those types that is too good for VFL, not quite up to it at AFL. He definitely needs to improve defensively which is the only reason Kanye gets a game, much to my chagrin. North need to move on from those types to improve long term. He is certainly a teachers pet!

Atley is easily the worst 200 gamer of all time
At the rate he’s going, Jason Castagna will reach 200 games and will claim that title. The worst Richmond player I’ve ever seen to hit 25+ games and that’s saying something because I have seen some f***ing stinkers. The fact he has played in three premierships is mind-blowing. Carried to all three. Right place, right time. Kissed on the d*ck. He’s genuinely below VFL level. Couldn’t get a kick in a karate class. Wouldn’t look out of place at Ferntree Gully. He’s like the Willian of Richmond. Hopefully he leaves for a rival like Willian did. I’ve never disliked a Richmond player more.

At the rate he’s going, Jason Castagna will reach 200 games and will claim that title. The worst Richmond player I’ve ever seen to hit 25+ games and that’s saying something because I have seen some f***ing stinkers. The fact he has played in three premierships is mind-blowing. Carried to all three. Right place, right time. Kissed on the d*ck. He’s genuinely below VFL level. Couldn’t get a kick in a karate class. Wouldn’t look out of place at Ferntree Gully. He’s like the Willian of Richmond. Hopefully he leaves for a rival like Willian did. I’ve never disliked a Richmond player more.

I like this.

I probably overrate Norths list a fair bit but I'd expect us to go past Carlton if we can avoid injuries. The game is pretty much won and lost in the guts these days and our midfield is much deeper than Carltons. Walsh is a star, Cripps on his day is one too and Cerra is good with upside. The rest of their midfield are pretty average and/or playing out of position. North have Cunners, Simpkin, LDU, Tom Powell, Phillips, Stephenson and are about to draft Neo. I'd say Norths midfield bats a lot deeper and over the long term should be excellent whereas Carlton still need to draft 3 or 4 pure mids imo. I don't particularly rate Stocker or Dow.

In terms of bookends, Larkey and Zu pretty much cancel out H McKay and outside of hype, there is very little difference between B McKay and Weitering. We will have Aiden Corr back from injury this season which will be huge for us. It's a shame for Carlton that Curnow can't get a decent run at it.

Would be interested in neutrals POV of my analysis. Less so Elmer and RCPB haha. Until there is a change of attitude at Carlton and their mids start running both ways I don't see much improvement from them. Both teams still have holes everywhere and will need a few good drafts and some patience before winning a final.
Wouldn't say yours runs deeper than ours. Outside of those 3 obvious stars (Walsh, Cripps, Cerra) we still have a great depth if we can stay healthy. Both Stocker and Dow imo showed enough to suggest they will make it, and showed they can bring the physicality we need.

Matt Kennedy played some great games in the back half of the season, and Ed Curnow's form suggests he could continue on for a few more seasons. Add to that Hewett who is a strong two-way runner.

Then there's players such as Kemp, Cuningham, Setterfield, Carroll, O'Brien, and even Williams and Fisher who can push into the midfield if required. Keep in mind most of these players have had interrupted seasons.
Obviously finding that balance is key, but I'd suggest there's enough there to take the next step.

I thought Anthony Rocca was the worst 200 gamer of all time :p
Easily one of the biggest chvgger quotes of all time on Bigfooty, cos some flog on the Bay said it eons ago...

Rocca was a B grade key forward, who had some A grade moments. His career would probably be pretty comparable to say Petries in regards of average output, though Drew played a little more in the ruck and went well into his mid 30s, so Drew probably slightly ahead in terms of longevity and flexibility, but ability wise pretty similar as key forwards.

Atley literally never improved after being drafted which is an issue North has had up until Scott was given the arse. Definitely a coaches pet who North have carried for years. Taylor hasn't really locked down a position yet. He shows flashes but might be one of those types that is too good for VFL, not quite up to it at AFL. He definitely needs to improve defensively which is the only reason Kanye gets a game, much to my chagrin. North need to move on from those types to improve long term. He is certainly a teachers pet!
Atley has speed, but nothing else, has never been a big accumulator of the ball

I guess as a defensive forward he can use his speed to chase down a few which I think he played there recently, but other than that, why is he still on a list?

Easily one of the biggest chvgger quotes of all time on Bigfooty, cos some flog on the Bay said it eons ago...

Rocca was a B grade key forward, who had some A grade moments. His career would probably be pretty comparable to say Petries in regards of average output, though Drew played a little more in the ruck and went well into his mid 30s, so Drew probably slightly ahead in terms of longevity and flexibility, but ability wise pretty similar as key forwards.

Atley has speed, but nothing else, has never been a big accumulator of the ball

I guess as a defensive forward he can use his speed to chase down a few which I think he played there recently, but other than that, why is he still on a list?
I think he is OOC so there is hope

Thoughts on Castagna HumanMeatball?

You didn't even mention his tatts! It's like a kindergarten kid got a crayon and just scribbled over himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn't even mention his tatts! It's like a kindergarten kid got a crayon and just scribbled over himself.
Not my cup of tea. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke and he’s free to express himself with whatever s**t tattoos he wants, but from a pure footballing perspective, he’s utter dog sh*t. Richmond fans froff him too which makes me sick. “The chaos king” they call him. That’s just a nice way of saying whenever he has the ball it’s likely to end up in row ZZ.

I’d still like to thank him for his part in one of the worst umpiring decisions I’ve ever seen live, where he went for a soccer, nearly missed the thing and then got pinged for deliberate out of bounds in round 20 this season. only noteworthy thing I’ve seen him do except * up in front of goals

Came someone intervene on Bojan's behalf and tell him to lay off the Crystal Meth he has been taking.

Carlton are clearly top 4 bound, and North will be battling it with Collingwood and the Suns for the spoon in 2002.

North will be toilet paper Scum on the AFL ladder in the next 2 seasons BK, whereas Carlton is likely to lift another Premiership cup in that time.

giphy.gif

Came someone intervene on Bojan's behalf and tell him to lay off the Crystal Meth he has been taking.

Carlton are clearly top 4 bound, and North will be battling it with Collingwood and the Suns for the spoon in 2002.

North will be toilet paper Scum on the AFL ladder in the next 2 seasons BK, whereas Carlton is likely to lift another Premiership cup in that time.

Wouldn't have thought so bud

Clearly.

I probably overrate Norths list a fair bit but I'd expect us to go past Carlton if we can avoid injuries. The game is pretty much won and lost in the guts these days and our midfield is much deeper than Carltons. Walsh is a star, Cripps on his day is one too and Cerra is good with upside. The rest of their midfield are pretty average and/or playing out of position. North have Cunners, Simpkin, LDU, Tom Powell, Phillips, Stephenson and are about to draft Neo. I'd say Norths midfield bats a lot deeper and over the long term should be excellent whereas Carlton still need to draft 3 or 4 pure mids imo. I don't particularly rate Stocker or Dow.

In terms of bookends, Larkey and Zu pretty much cancel out H McKay and outside of hype, there is very little difference between B McKay and Weitering. We will have Aiden Corr back from injury this season which will be huge for us. It's a shame for Carlton that Curnow can't get a decent run at it.

Would be interested in neutrals POV of my analysis. Less so Elmer and RCPB haha. Until there is a change of attitude at Carlton and their mids start running both ways I don't see much improvement from them. Both teams still have holes everywhere and will need a few good drafts and some patience before winning a final.

Nuh, Carlton have the better list. We have a great head coach, great assistants, great core, we have Cripps and Walsh and Cerra, McKay, Charlie, Weiters. Did I mention Walsh? McKay will kick 150 goals in 2022.

The only people that can respond to my post are people with no anti-Carlton sentiments, people who love sports and have no biases about any club, people named Sam and love other Sam’s, people who wholeheartedly agree with only the reply to a quote.

People who can’t repsond to my post. Bojan, SM, Gero, SpanishSahara, Oshka, Bradesmaen, (not sure but just in case) Chef & glenferry, Loonerty, Magma, Latro, sub-zero, gaskin and every non-Carlton supporter who has ever posted on the “When Will Carlton arrive?” thread on the main board. *subject to change to add more names, a lot more names.

Last edited:
That has to be a joke right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back