Recommitted Chad Wingard [contracted and staying at Hawthorn]

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been surprised by the silence around Gunston, he seemed to be the one most likely to leave a month ago.

30 years old and played one game all year. I'd be surprised if offers were high enough to make it worthwhile. There's no Collingwood-esque fire sale going on that has been reported.

Players usually play a straight bat to trade rumours. Wingard seems to be taking two steps down the pitch with a high backlift.

30 years old and played one game all year. I'd be surprised if offers were high enough to make it worthwhile. There's no Collingwood-esque fire sale going on that has been reported.

Players usually play a straight bat to trade rumours. Wingard seems to be taking two steps down the pitch with a high backlift.
Every player is tradeable for the right price

It's up to other clubs to make us an offer we can't refuse

We are holding all the aces. Make no mistake.

And you can bookmark that.

Every player is tradeable for the right price

It's up to other clubs to make us an offer we can't refuse

We are holding all the aces. Make no mistake.

And you can bookmark that.
Your club is actively trying to sell your retirees. Publicly. Those aren’t aces you guys are holding.

I dont know about that... It depends what drives him as a footballer, most footballers crave success.. The reality of being a 28yo player at Hawthorn now means that you will spend the remainder of your career playing in a struggling team.. If he stays at Hawthorn they are very likely to run out his contract and delist him.. If Mitchell is on a pure rebuild, Chad could spend parts of the year playing VFL as Mitchell promotes kids..
Just when you think you've read the most uniformed opinion on Bigfooty, someone manages to lower the bar 🤦‍♂️
I mean seriously........ this has to be a piss take....... surely?

Nah we are good thanks.
Really?

2016... lost Preliminary Final to Bulldogs by 6 points
2017... lost Preliminary Final to Richmond by 36 points
2018... lost Semi Final to Collingwood by 10 points
2019... lost Grand Final to Richmond by 89 points
2020... finished 10th
2021... lost Semi Final to Geelong by 35 points

Seems to me like the Giants are wasting their golden opportunity. Before you know it, this era will be over. All you will have to look back on is September heartbreak. You won't get another boatload of draft picks. That was a once in a lifetime gift and you blew it. Instead of a premiership, all you'll have is everlasting regret.

Imagine Chad Wingard partnering Toby Greene in your forward line

That would be an unstoppable combo

But you're good... Suuuuuure. :D:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Really?

2016... lost Preliminary Final to Bulldogs by 6 points
2017... lost Preliminary Final to Richmond by 36 points
2018... lost Semi Final to Collingwood by 10 points
2019... lost Grand Final to Richmond
2020... finished 10th
2021... lost Semi Final to Geelong by 35 points

Seems to me like the Giants are wasting their golden opportunity. Before you know it, this era will be over. All you'll have to look back on is September heartbreak. You won't get another boatload of draft picks. That was a once in a life time gift and you blew it. Instead of a premiership, all you'll have is everlasting regret.

Imagine Chad Wingard partnering Toby Greene in your forward line

That would be an unstoppable combo

But you're good... Suuuuuure. :D:thumbsu:
We are. For instance we arent trying to sell our aging “stars” in a fire sale.
Hmm what will you tell them when they all show up? “Sorry about trying to get rid of you, no hard feelings?”

Last edited:
We are. For instance we arent trying to sell our aging stars in a fire sale.
Hmm what will you tell them when they all show up? Sorry about trying to get rid of you, no hard feelings?”
There's no fire sale, ya doofus

We are not off loading anyone unless we get a fair price. Money talks. Bullshiit walks.

If I was in your shoes, I would be doing everything I could to make hay while sun shines and strike while the iron is hot.
But you seem content with relying on the same guys to keep losing finals. Oh well..

Give us your 1st pick. Take it or leave it.

There's no fire sale, ya doofus

We are not off loading anyone unless we get a fair price

If I was in your shoes, I would be doing everything I could to make hay while sun shines and strike while the iron is hot.
But you seem content with relying on the same guys to keep losing finals. Oh well..

Give us your 1st pick. Take it or leave it.
Umm no.
🤣 wow I’ve seen some used car salesmen in my years but you guys are up there 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you had your flags a few years ago then sure you can mention that, but your last flag was 6 years ago now
...and look what we did to get those flags

Traded pick 10 and a player for Shaun Burgoyne
Traded picks 25 and 40 for Josh Gibson
Traded pick 19 for David Hale
Traded pick 24 for Jack Gunston
Traded pick 43 for Brian Lake (32 year old)
Traded pick 18 and a player for Ben McEvoy

All of them were integral members of our Threepeat. (McEvoy: 2014, 2015)

But try convincing these GWS and Port nuffies they should be doing everything they can to improve their list
They say, "Nah, we're good". They're happy with being premiership pretenders

See, that's the difference between pretenders like Port and GWS and winners like Hawthorn (2013,14,15), Sydney (2005, 2012) and Melbourne (2021): clubs who identified their shortcomings and aggressively traded away picks for players to help them become premiership teams.

They don't hand out shiny cups for "winning trade week"

...and look what we did to get those flags

Traded pick 10 and a player for Shaun Burgoyne
Traded picks 25 and 40 for Josh Gibson
Traded pick 19 for David Hale
Traded pick 24 for Jack Gunston
Traded pick 43 for Brian Lake (32 year old)
Traded pick 18 and a player for Ben McEvoy

All of them were integral members of our Threepeat. (McEvoy: 2014, 2015)

But try convincing these GWS and Port nuffies they should be doing everything they can to improve their list
They say, "Nah, we're good". They're happy with being premiership pretenders

See, that's the difference between pretenders like Port and GWS and winners like Hawthorn (2013,14,15), Sydney (2005, 2012) and Melbourne (2021): clubs who identified their shortcomings and aggressively traded away picks for players to help them become premiership teams.

They don't hand out shiny cups for "winning trade week"
Quality post. You see a player that can help you win a flag, and you pay up no matter the cost if you have the capability to do so

General Giant , you won't be laughing 5 years from now when you realise your club was gifted the chance to win multiple flags with draft picks, salary cap concessions and NSW Riverina recruiting concessions. There is going to come a time when you find yourselves out of contention with an empty trophy cabinet and you're playing by the same rules as all the other clubs.

The honeymoon will be over.

You'll be asking yourself "Why we didn't trade in good players to help us win a flag when we had the chance?"

But it will be too late... and everyone will be laughing at you, mark my words... :tearsofjoy:

General Giant , you won't be laughing 5 years from now when you realise your club was gifted the chance to win multiple flags with draft picks, salary cap concessions and NSW Riverina recruiting concessions. There is going to come a time when you find yourselves out of contention with an empty trophy cabinet and you're playing by the same rules as all the other clubs.

You'll be asking yourself "Why we didn't trade in good players to help us win a flag when we had the chance?"

But it will be too late.

Would've had better luck trading in a good coach.

Just when you think you've read the most uniformed opinion on Bigfooty, someone manages to lower the bar 🤦‍♂️
I mean seriously........ this has to be a piss take....... surely?
There is a market for trade radio. Judging by many comments in here I would guess they love trade radio

It's no skin off our nose, mate. We've got our flags

You're the ones who are missing out. Not us.
And yet your club is the one pushing it
Your last flag was just after we kicked off so meh.

But it will be too late... and everyone will be laughing at you, mark my words... :tearsofjoy:

that sounds very 80’s action movie villain. “You’ll be sorry!” 🤣

you got nuttin.

Does this affect morale? or does it not matter to players? Being up for trade that is but not wanting to leave.

I don't think so..the narrative from the club and the players seems to be very different to that pushed by the media.

In all honesty, if we had Josh Dunkley, Jeremy Cameron, Adam Treloar, Adam Saad, Collingwood fiasco, etc this year instead of last, I don't think we would have heard anything about the supposed "Hawthorn firesale" whatsoever. THere are basically no big names being traded so the media seem to be trying to make a story about a nothing letter from Jeff Kennett.

The players themselves seem certain they are staying and the clubs that are linked to them (Port with O'Meara, Richmond with Mitchell) have all said they have had no conversation with Hawthorn whatsoever.

I don't think so..the narrative from the club and the players seems to be very different to that pushed by the media.

In all honesty, if we had Josh Dunkley, Jeremy Cameron, Adam Treloar, Adam Saad, Collingwood fiasco, etc this year instead of last, I don't think we would have heard anything about the supposed "Hawthorn firesale" whatsoever. THere are basically no big names being traded so the media seem to be trying to make a story about a nothing letter from Jeff Kennett.

The players themselves seem certain they are staying and the clubs that are linked to them (Port with O'Meara, Richmond with Mitchell) have all said they have had no conversation with Hawthorn whatsoever.
I think other clubs might try and convince the players first then bring it up with us. They know we are open to trading players but like with Wings if the player says no it’s off.

So clubs might have been asking players directly and getting a “no thank you” and moving on. And we’d be none the wiser unless the player blabbed. As I doubt the club that got turned down what would the knowledge out there

You are being very patient in trying to explain the facts. Sadly, it does not matter how many times you explain the truth. Some people prefer to believe the lie. It can seem more interesting. Terms like "fire-sale" and "desperate" are more exciting than "we will listen to offers, just like everyone else".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back