Player Watch #37: Cooper Harvey - syndesmosis injury vs Nthrn Bullants in VFL - will miss six weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Shane got to what? 3 games?
Yeah only played 3 games with North and around 10 with Bombers but in his second game for Kangas which also turned out to be his second last game of AFL, Shane kicked 4 goals 3 behinds which showed he had the talent but he never had the right commitment or attitude to last at AFL standard unfortunately.

Yeah only played 3 games with North and around 10 with Bombers but in his second game for Kangas which also turned out to be his second last game of AFL, Shane kicked 4 goals 3 behinds which showed he had the talent but he never had the right commitment or attitude to last at AFL standard unfortunately.
I remember that game. That was fun because we absolutely smashed the hawks that day

Also, Boomer wasn’t what you would call ‘hard’ in the physical stakes - but did what he had to do.
But Shane was soft.
Was his last game against PA in Ad in the wet? I remember a soft contest of two - didn’t last after that. Not something Laids would have accepted.

You'd think having Boomer as his dad would show him the mindset needed at thr top level. Obviously maturity etc comes into it because how many kids u18 already have a professional mindset.

Hopefully he becomes the star we all hope he becomes

Having Boomer as a big brother should have been enough to show Shane what he needed to do to succeed at AFL level but it clearly didn't matter to him that much.

Also, Boomer wasn’t what you would call ‘hard’ in the physical stakes - but did what he had to do.
But Shane was soft.
Was his last game against PA in Ad in the wet? I remember a soft contest of two - didn’t last after that. Not something Laids would have accepted.
Nah Carlton. They were like near bottom of the ladder and lost by close to 100 the previous week or something and I remember we lost that game. He was then dropped, never to be seen again

But Shane was soft.

IIRC Laids backed Shane in, giving him a lifeline on his AFL career rather than elevating Aaron Davey off the rookie list and would have been more disappointed than anyone else that he wasn't fully committed.

IIRC Laids backed Shane in, giving him a lifeline on his AFL career rather than elevating Aaron Davey off the rookie list and would have been more disappointed than anyone else that he wasn't fully committed.
Wasn't there also some rumour that Boomer was going to leave if we didn't pick up Shane? Or was that BS?

Are you sure that there has been a split up? If you are not sure, then that would be an unsubstantiated rumour and perhaps not something we want to be engaging in.

I have no idea about a split up, or selling off the family home but I can confirm seeing Boomer with a cracking looking lass between lockdowns in Mornington.

I was pumping his tires to the kids (who love the Roos) but have no clues who this Boomer bloke is so they didn't care.

why does everyone say he has a bad work ethic?
Apparently he'll struggle at AFL level?
I haven't seen anything on it.

I was playing as an U17 for the Stingrays U18’s. I was a KPP, playing down back and found myself on Shane Harvey who was a year older.

Needless to say I only lasted 2 mins before the coach moved me onto someone a little more appropriate.

He was way too slippery for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah Carlton. They were like near bottom of the ladder and lost by close to 100 the previous week or something and I remember we lost that game. He was then dropped, never to be seen again
Nah.
His last game for Nth was against Adelaide at football park. Carlton was his first game for Nth.
I remember it being wet, game in the balance, it was his time to go and he didn’t… Never to be seen again in a Nth jumper.

I was playing as an U17 for the Stingrays U18’s.

Hang on, actual football talent?

gordon-ramsay-get-out.gif

Played on Chris Judd too. Did much better on him than Harvey lol

What concerns me is you would've hit your mid 20s after a promising junior career, the world your oyster.

So what did you choose to do? You bloody well signed up on here and pissed it all away.

What concerns me is you would've hit your mid 20s after a promising junior career, the world your oyster.

So what did you choose to do? You bloody well signed up on here and pissed it all away.

Bout of glandular fever, a knee injury and a complete loss of passion for playing the game. I actually have never played a game of senior football.

Funnily enough my obsession with the NMFC started just after I stopped playing. Before that I was just obsessed with W Carey.

Speaking of, have a look at the 2001 tac cup team of the year

CHF was an under age team mate of mine in a super draft. Think about that.

Went from being the best CHF in a super draft year, and didn’t get drafted the following year (or get close to it).

Part of it was passion I suspect. The other part was bloody Aaron Edwards suddenly coming into his own an dominating the 2002 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back