Travel When'll we travel overseas again / how to get out of Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact they had to do a trial on something so straight foward is really concerning.
Software (and hardware) releases routinely go through trials or pilot phases. It ensures issues are resolved before a complete roll-out. This can reduce the cost of change and risk of business-impacting issues (including customer-impacting issues).

Of course there is work involved. But the fact they announced to the public they had to have trials to test it like this was extremely complicated was just bizarre. its like they are just assuming they will fail it the first couple of times so by declaring it a trial then a failure becomes more acceptable. This wasn’t a vaccine trial. It’s a fairly simple IT system.
It depends what systems they need to integrate with. They may need to integrate with a CRM system, a ticketing system, IDAM system, an enterprise bus, government/immigration system, etc. on various networks requiring changes to security/firewall rules. It's not like downloading an app onto your phone and that's it.

If they stuff up regulatory requirements then it can be very expensive, as would delays for boarding planes.

Yep you can travel anywhere u need to go for work right now or exceptional circumstances.

The rest of the world can pretty much travel how they like now... as long as they wear masks and are vaccinated.

I've had flights booked from the beginning of the year for November, which I would rightly receive a credit for if we can't fly. But what happens if the airline's bring in a vaccine passport policy but I'm not fully vaccinated? Will I be granted a full refund because I bought the tickets before any such conditions were in place?

I've had flights booked from the beginning of the year for November, which I would rightly receive a credit for if we can't fly. But what happens if the airline's bring in a vaccine passport policy but I'm not fully vaccinated? Will I be granted a full refund because I bought the tickets before any such conditions were in place?

Plenty of time to get fully vaccinated brah.

Um get vaccinated. You arent going overseas without vaccinations.

probably will need it for interstate travel by november too unless you want to do 14 days quarantine.
Doesn't answer my question. I asked if I would be eligible for a refund if a passport got brought in since it was never a condition when I first bought the tickets.

Doesn't answer my question. I asked if I would be eligible for a refund if a passport got brought in since it was never a condition when I first bought the tickets.
Yes, you would be eligible for a refund no matter what fare you have purchased

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking of booking a month in Italy and Bulgaria for April next year. I'm vaccinated. Safe?

Make it a one-way ticket.

I'm going to Bulgaria as a fact finding trip with the intention of moving there within the next couple of years and thought I would throw Italy in as a side trip to make it a worthwhile trip.

Open to travel again!

anyone going to start booking flights for holidays early next year or going to wait and see how this plays out first?
Just waiting for my financial planner to transfer drop 30K in my account so I can book London / Paris / Rome in March.

Wanted to fly Qantas but at this point in time they are not offering any service at all so will go Emirates as they are basically full service except for the hot towels and magazines.

Not stumping up $9K in Business class tickets and only getting 1 hot meal and 1 bottle of water for a 15 hour flight from Perth.

They’ve really screwed the pooch there I think, Qantas.

Just waiting for my financial planner to transfer drop 30K in my account so I can book London / Paris / Rome in March.

Wanted to fly Qantas but at this point in time they are not offering any service at all so will go Emirates as they are basically full service except for the hot towels and magazines.

Not stumping up $9K in Business class tickets and only getting 1 hot meal and 1 bottle of water for a 15 hour flight from Perth.

They’ve really screwed the pooch there I think, Qantas.
Why dont you save the 7kin business class and use it to spend up big whilst on actual holiday. I.e. have 7k extra to spend.

i fly business class a lot for work and its simply not worth the money. You get a a slightly better but still terrible sleep, some champagne and some slightly better but still terrible meals. Is that worth 7 grand more? As its the only extra stuff you get with the ticket. The entertainment is all the same. As is the turbulance.

go to fine dining in london and paris. Theres some great meals you can get for 400 dollars. Go to the best hotels. Stay in a castle. splurge on shows in london.

Why dont you save the 7kin business class and use it to spend up big whilst on actual holiday. I.e. have 7k extra to spend.

i fly business class a lot for work and its simply not worth the money. You get a a slightly better but still terrible sleep, some champagne and some slightly better but still terrible meals. Is that worth 7 grand more? As its the only extra stuff you get with the ticket. The entertainment is all the same. As is the turbulance.

go to fine dining in london and paris. Theres some great meals you can get for 400 dollars. Go to the best hotels. Stay in a castle. splurge on shows in london.

6’3 and 120kgs mate. This frame isn’t made for international economy. 🤣🤣

I've been lucky enough to fly business once, from Brisbane to Nice and if you've got the money, *en oath it's worth it. We didn't pay 7k though, last minute upgrade for 800aud. Couldn't have said yes any faster.

I've been lucky enough to fly business once, from Brisbane to Nice and if you've got the money, fu**en oath it's worth it. We didn't pay 7k though, last minute upgrade for 800aud. Couldn't have said yes any faster.

Yeah we’ve done business with Air New Zealand to LA & business to London before with Emirates. Wish we were getting upgrades but alas, have to pay full tote 🤣

My understanding is you would be able to get a refund or credit depending on policy, thats assuming the airline brings in a vaccination clause. Thats on the assumption the terms and conditions didn't have a clause for negative testing/vaccinations, which earlier this year they might have.

But typically when terms and conditions change (i.e they say you need to be vaccinated etc to fly) you are able to get a refund due to the change. But I would be checking your terms and conditions from your date of purchase because Airlines were updating their Ts and Cs from the end of last year regularly.

My understanding is you would be able to get a refund or credit depending on policy, thats assuming the airline brings in a vaccination clause. Thats on the assumption the terms and conditions didn't have a clause for negative testing/vaccinations, which earlier this year they might have.

But typically when terms and conditions change (i.e they say you need to be vaccinated etc to fly) you are able to get a refund due to the change. But I would be checking your terms and conditions from your date of purchase because Airlines were updating their Ts and Cs from the end of last year regularly.
Sounds simple. Who would have ever thought it would be so hard to leave Australia. And even more so, who coul'dve imagined that Australia would become a country that no-one wants to visit.

Make it a one-way ticket.

:rolleyesv1:

Sometimes you really s**t me with the comments you make re. Australia.

Yeah well Europe (and Europeans) in general bores the absolute s**t outta me and there's no AFL. So shove it mate.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back