Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapt for R Smith. A great lesson and example of perseverance, hard work and reward that comes with it.

Every football club needs Roarke Smith type. We have one of the best at our club.

"Up until the last day of the trade period, Sam Power kept his cards close to his chest on the desire for a backup ruckman playing a game of wait and see rather than artificially inflating the cost of the meddling options available in this years trade period.

In the final two hours he offers the 2022 3rd round pick to Hawthorn for Ceglar or Collingwood for Mason Cox and gets a deal done."

Or so I hope something similar is written in 24 hours 🙏 The state of the world is probably that have light interest in the available options but nothing we're too excited about to make any substantial offers for.

As much as we celebrate the re-signing of our elite talent. Im always stoked when the club rewards the absolute perseverance of players that have done it the hard way. Now its Roarkes turn to run with the baton that has been handed to him by Lin Jong. Long may he run with it.

Someone needs to get Scott Wynd down the club to do an emergency intervention on Bevo, let him know the importance of a real first ruck.
Bevo would have hated Wynd.
Couldn't run, couldn't kick, couldn't get a ground ball (unless he was on his knees).
That said he will probably be the last ruckman to ever win the Brownlow.

As much as we celebrate the re-signing of our elite talent. Im always stoked when the club rewards the absolute perseverance of players that have done it the hard way. Now its Roarkes turn to run with the baton that has been handed to him by Lin Jong. Long may he run with it.
Think he stole that baton a while back hence Jong calling it a day

Couldn't run, couldn't kick, couldn't get a ground ball (unless he was on his knees).

Took game saving defensive marks, could play out a big game…

Roarke is a good old fashioned glue guy.

hard to find good wings in the AFL.Unlocks Hunter for other roles and Hunter is a stud.

hope Roarke has a good run of health. Deserves this and it’s a cool story.

Now Wynd at his very best was before my time but Bevo would have absolutely loved the fact that he would drift behind the ball following the bounce and be that interceptor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is hard finding spots this year, try looking ahead 12 months, at best I see Wood, Wallis & Martin (if he remains as a senior player) being delisted. That is your bare minimum 3 draft spots will need to find a few more to sacrifice if we plan on bringing anyone in. We have great depth but also relatively young depth, we will be looking to delist or offload players that still have some usefulness for the next few years.
List sizes could very well increase next year to what they were before covid. All clubs have problems with list spots this year. You are not alone.

He does, but I wonder if he was in a different system he would have developed differently.
I don't think St Kilda develop young players particularly well. See Hunter Clark and Nick Coffield, junior guns taken just before Naughton as top ten picks.
If Coffield wanted out of there would take a shot at turning him around

I’m not happy with the ruck situation at all, it’s borderline negligent… but

Its not all doom & gloom. Timmy just has to step up next year. He’s turning 25, another big preseason theres no excuse. Whilst I’ve been the biggest advocate in the world or him playing forward/2nd ruck we know he is capable of putting in best on performances in the ruck so who knows maybe it’s time for him. Maybe a genuine 50/50 split with Sweet could be okay, will mean Sweet shouldn’t blow up too bad if he’s only rucking half a game, he’s a more than useful target forward at VFL level, big body decent grab neat skills.

I’m probably comfortable going into most games with that set up, Martin as back up, need one more back up from somewhere and Darcy as emergency.

I’m comfortable if that’s how we play it, worst case scenario for me though is we go in week in week out with Timmy one out, Schache back up ruck and Naughty by himself forward. If that’s what happens then I hope we don’t win a ******* game and everyone in charge gets sacked because it’s just f*n ridiculous that that’s even still an option - I’ve got a baddd feeling this is the way we’re gonna go…
Well said.
We where in front in a grand final at half time.
We win Martin was the move that one the grand final .stop all the doomsday crap
Enjoy the next 5 years off having a chance to win.
Trust me 80s-90 not that great just enjoy

What?
Was he expecting a 34 year old Stefan Martin to be "better than average"? The guy missed over half of his last season at Brisbane, finished 2020 with a terrible performance in the Preliminary final, and has never been a good mark over his whole career. Was he expected to provide "above average" output for us? Are we now expecting him, at the age of 35, to be more useful than guys like Ceglar, Strachan and Lynch? Please.

What about English? He has struggled in the ruck his whole career, and has always lacked a hard edge to his game, which is necessary for a good ruckman. Beveridge rated English so highly, he played him as the sole ruck the whole year in 2020, even when it was directly costing us games. He's not an average ruck, he's a below average ruck.
Mate did you actually watch the final series far out English was good
Go barrack for Essendon if you want to turn on players

You guys have fallen for the oldest trick in the book.
Max gawn was the difference…
He was not
We played tired and s**t for 40 minutes out off a whole season.
Rucks are 1 part of a puzzle 🧩

I could sit and read people talking about Scott Wynd for hours, keep it coming.

All these years later I still have a very concerning man crush on the big guy.

Was in a pub in Launceston one night back in 1998 and a few of the boys were on their end of season trip down in Tasmania. Wyndy was an absolute legend. Quiet but commanding. I was only a skinny little 19yo and he was playing a bit of a protective role making sure I was alright in the pub with a few idiots around.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I could sit and read people talking about Scott Wynd for hours, keep it coming.

All these years later I still have a very concerning man crush on the big guy.
The only player to ever poll three Brownlow votes without recording a single kick.

Can't forget that other teams will improve and have had longer to adapt their tactics to counter ours.

I will tear my hair out if/when we get exploited in the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back