The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray every day that we can extend him again. I dont hold much hope, but I do hold some. He'd never done more than 7 years at any club before us and he suddenly extended to 9. If we can get him to 9, maybe we can get him to extend again haha.

Annoyingly he's big on life and family. Some manager would see a good thing, find a home, stay in the job. Like SAF, Wenger etc... but Klopp wants to go see the world with his family. He know's what life is about. Great man.

He's said he wants a break after managing Liverpool which is fair enough as he is an intense guy and managing LFC is a very intense job.

Can only hope that he wants to continue until the end of 2025/2026 season which would be 10 years in charge and we could send him off with a testimonial, how good would that be!!!

Not to make a overtly political point, but Australia is a liberal parliamentary democracy. And that's a good thing.

I can feel happy for long-suffering Newcastle supporters because the relief of being able to actually compete is understandable. But with any cool-headed analysis, any success they will get is tainted because of how their owners acquired their wealth. It makes FSG, Kronke and the Glazers look like the board of Amnesty International.

I can understand why rich people want to use sporting teams as their own personal pleasure-giving play things. But at least in football, it seems the only ones who do that are oligarchs and oppressors who have gained their fortune on the backs of much anguish and suffering.

Is it tainted? Or is it just different?

Money and massive spending is overrated in football. Sure it helps. But do Bayern spend like ManCity? And Bayern are one of the best in the world. ManU do spend like City and they are a rabble.

Arsenal built a new stadium which caused them to become a rabble on field. Tottenham the same. Old Trafford is crumbling.

FSG are rebuilding Anfield and have one of the best teams in the world. They deserve more credit than they get for what they have done.

Liverpool were a joke when FSG took over. Now Liverpool play some of the most beautiful football on the planet.

Is it tainted? Or is it just different?

Money and massive spending is overrated in football. Sure it helps. But do Bayern spend like ManCity? And Bayern are one of the best in the world. ManU do spend like City and they are a rabble.

Arsenal built a new stadium which caused them to become a rabble on field. Tottenham the same. Old Trafford is crumbling.

FSG are rebuilding Anfield and have one of the best teams in the world. They deserve more credit than they get for what they have done.

Liverpool were a joke when FSG took over. Now Liverpool play some of the most beautiful football on the planet.
I dont think spending is overrated. Man City had not won the title since 1968. Then they got taken over by UAE and now they have won tons of titles. Coincidence? I think not.

You absolutely need shed loads of money to win at football. Some teams just use it better than others... cough United cough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want the players to play for their country cos they want that and you want our players to be happy but glad Bobby wasnt selected for Brazil.

Even though he absolutely should be in the squad. He's such a superior player to guys like Barbosa, Antony, Richarlison, Jesus etc...

I want the players to play for their country cos they want that and you want our players to be happy but glad Bobby wasnt selected for Brazil.

Even though he absolutely should be in the squad. He's such a superior player to guys like Barbosa, Antony, Richarlison, Jesus etc...

He had only just returned to fitness after a month out so it made sense.

Having a look at the Brazilian fixtures in November it should be all good for us with them playing Argentina on the 16th of Nov and us playing Arsenal four days later.

Change of tack here as well lads but I found this website that has our wages for our players. I dont know how accurate it is but some figures seem accurate. Like it's widely reported that VVD is on 220 and Salah is on 200.

But reading the rest of our wage bill and it's all over the shop.

For starters I just realised that all the heat is on Mo to get him to sign a new contract as he only has two years left on his deal, but I've just realised Sadio is in the same boat and has not got a new contract yet and his is up in two years time, as is Bobby Firmino's.

I swear we have our priorities our of whack. This era of Liverpool success is defined by Jurgen Klopp. But player wise when you think LFC in this period, for me, I always think of the front three. Mo, Bobby and Sadio. Yet these are the three guys to yet get a contract extension. I know there is some conversations to be had about their age but we just extended VVD who is 30 and Henderson who is 31. Bobby is 30 and Salah and Mane are both 29. So what gives?

For me extending all three just seems like a no brainer and I dont get the hold up. Bobby never relied on pace so who cares if he loses that as he gets older, that's not what he's about anyways. Mane and Salah sure do rely on pace but both are physical beasts who are renowned at looking after themselves and their bodies. They rarely get injured which is a testament to how they look after themselves.

We need to get these three under contract and pronto.

I think the problem with Sadio is that he is on a team friendly contract and renewing his contract is going to be expensive. Shockingly Sadio Mane is apparently on 100k a week. He earns less a week than Ox, Keita and Milner. Sadio should be in the top three earners at the club. The top three should be Mo, VVD and Sadio. Yet he's on just 100k. PAY THAT MAN!!!

Then we have ridiculous contracts for Ox who is on 120k?? Milner, god love him is on a ridiculous 140k.

And the weirdest thing ever... Robbo just renewed his contract and I know he wasnt on much on his initial deal when he came over from Hull but he renewed and is on 50k a week. The best LB on the planet is earning 50k a week. And he JUST signed it?!?! Who is his agent? What the fu**...

On the other side of the pitch, TAA is the best RB on the planet and he is getting paid 180k compared to Robbos 50k.

Robbo earns less than than his understudy Kostas, earns less than our third in line GK in Adrian, earns less than the invisible man in Divock Origi and somehow earns less than our 5th or 6th in line CB in Nat Phillips?

Surely this website has to have that wrong?

Also sell Nat Phillips and give his 65k immediately to Sadio Mane. Also let Milner go and half his 140k down the middle and give 70 to Mo and 70 to Sadio. Then sell Ox and give all of his wages to Robbo.

That will lift Sadio to 220K which is what he should be getting and lifts Mo to 270k and puts Robbo on 170k.

Who is in charge of all this nonsense haha.
This could explain why Mane’s form has dropped off. Not as bad this season though. It must be deflating running out onto the pitch knowing that Adrian is nearly earning as much as him. Surely these figures are not right though as Robbo couldn’t be on less than Nat.

This could explain why Mane’s form has dropped off. Not as bad this season though. It must be deflating running out onto the pitch knowing that Adrian is nearly earning as much as him. Surely these figures are not right though as Robbo couldn’t be on less than Nat.
Im not sure what Robbo's trajectory was wages wise. It's gotta be wrong. I've done a little internet sleuthing and he joined us in 2017 and was reportedly on around 30k a week. Then in 2018 after his brilliant first season with us, we re-jigged his deal and the reports were his salary would be doubled to around 60k.

Then he just renewed again a few months ago. So no chance he's still on 50-60k. Surely its now closer to something like 150k, there is just no way that Robbo earns less than Kostas and Nat Phillips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back