Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

Season 3 he broke into the side half way through the year and was quite superb in the 14 games he played. Season 4 was the reduced season so his % of games played increased from 2019. He had an interrupted start to 2020 with a concussion but other than that was only dropped once towards the end of the season before returning for the 2020 elimination final.

He was trending upwards every season until 2021. The reality is that he's a better footballer than a bunch of guys that we preferred to play due to their characteristics rather than actual ability. Given our accumulating midfield, we preferred low possession high pressure players (Vandermeer, Hannan, JJ etc.) in our forward half despite Pat being a better pure footballer. I have no doubts he'll be best 22 at Pies for a very long time.
Very happy to pick him up. We need and expect him to be best 22 and he should manage that at the Pies. We have a good number of young mids, McCrae, Bianco, McInnes, Browns x 2 , Rantall (if contracted), N Daicos and Poulter who will be looking for spots but you would hope at least in the short term he can outperform them.

Still he didn’t fully establish in the midfield at Dogs in 5 seasons and they were not all great seasons for the Dogs so he still needs to establish himself as a permanent fixture in a side.

Any reason why he wasn’t tried at half back? Was it just because he saw himself as a midfielder?
He's not quick enough to be a rebounder and had issues with his defensive game. He does he have nice skills to be able use the ball out of defence but not as good as Dale or Daniel and can't really get himself out of trouble like they can. He isn't an interceptor like a Wood, Williams or Crozier (although Wood is approaching his end).

He's at his best when you can get him delivering the ball I50 as he's a great lead up kick. Hopefully if he gets decent midfield time he can do what he does in the VFL.

Any reason why he wasn’t tried at half back? Was it just because he saw himself as a midfielder?
We are pretty well stocked at half back, hard for him to get a look in.

He can play inside mid/ half forward.

He’s a good player, just need to accept his defensive efforts are poor but in my view he makes up for it with his kicking and decision making.

He's not quick enough to be a rebounder and had issues with his defensive game. He does he have nice skills to be able use the ball out of defence but not as good as Dale or Daniel and can't really get himself out of trouble like they can. He isn't an interceptor like a Wood, Williams or Crozier (although Wood is approaching his end).

He's at his best when you can get him delivering the ball I50 as he's a great lead up kick. Hopefully if he gets decent midfield time he can do what he does in the VFL.

Our Delivery to our Forwards have been Horrendus so he can help that part of the Game for us

Very happy to pick him up. We need and expect him to be best 22 and he should manage that at the Pies. We have a good number of young mids, McCrae, Bianco, McInnes, Browns x 2 , Rantall (if contracted), N Daicos and Poulter who will be looking for spots but you would hope at least in the short term he can outperform them.

Still he didn’t fully establish in the midfield at Dogs in 5 seasons and they were not all great seasons for the Dogs so he still needs to establish himself as a permanent fixture in a side.

He'll play and be one of your better midfielders IMO.

Traded for pick 43, at the time I thought we slightly overpaid but it’s clear wright just gets deals done!

It was fair for both party’s and it looks we have a reliable player for the next 5-6 years.

Traded for pick 43, at the time I thought we slightly overpaid but it’s clear wright just gets deals done!

It was fair for both party’s and it looks we have a reliable player for the next 5-6 years.

Smashed that trade always a bargain, the bloke is class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back