Society/Culture Tucker Carlson - Fired from Fox. Sacked. Terminated. Given the heave-ho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Individualism is the enemy. An individual has value, but if you can get everyone to make their identity based off their group/tribe then people just become numbers and they already think there are too many feeders and breeder numbers on the planet.
This is a straw man you’ve set up.

You presenting what you think is the easiest argument to win.

Individualism is the enemy. An individual has value, but if you can get everyone to make their identity based off their group/tribe then people just become numbers and they already think there are too many feeders and breeder numbers on the planet.
I think it's the enemy of collectivism because it makes everyone valuable, everyone complex and makes everyone much harder to manipulate because they've been trained to look at everything based on their own experience and not buy into a group identity narrative.

There's no surprises that the losers love collectivism and the winners want to be judged on the merits of their own character and achievement.

That's why individualism is their enemy. If you think for yourself you're dangerous, you might see through the performance.

This is very vague. It could be posted in many other threads on SRP and have just as much meaning.

Could you expand on it please? Or at least connect it to this thread?

This is a straw man you’ve set up.

You presenting what you think is the easiest argument to win.

Individualism is the source of freedom, it should be the correct choice for everyone. That an argument for it is so easy to win should be a sign for you that supporting collectivism is a problematic approached.

Individualism doesn't allow people to hide the outcomes of bad personal choices under the blanket of society did it, meanwhile people who grew up in the same circumstances go on to success.

It also is the most anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophoic/transphobic position to hold.

This is very vague. It could be posted in many other threads on SRP and have just as much meaning.

Could you expand on it please? Or at least connect it to this thread?
In a discussion about ethno-nationalism the primary problem is people being judged to be of more or lesser value based on where they came from and what values are assumed to have been instilled in them during their upbringing there.

When really each person should be judged on their merits and go through the process of being vetted for that, which is the fair argument for legal immigration.

Conflating the position of being pro legal and procedural immigration, judging people on their merits, while being heavily anti illegal immigration with just being against all people from elsewhere is intentionally putting everyone into the same group to remove the nuance.

In the context in which he raised it, no I don’t. Now before I answer as to why not, perhaps you could put forward an argument as to why so?
Inspired attacks - Wikipedia: Great Replacement.

Fears of the white race's extinction, and replacement theory in particular, have been cited by several accused perpetrators of mass shootings between 2018 and 2019. While Camus has stated his own philosophy is a nonviolent one, analysts including Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center say the idea of white genocide has "undoubtedly influenced" American white supremacists, potentially leading to violence.

In October 2018, a gunman killed 11 people and injured 6 in an attack on the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The gunman believed Jews were deliberately importing non-white immigrants into the United States as part of a conspiracy against the white race.

Brenton Harrison Tarrant, the Australian terrorist responsible for the mass shootings at Al Noor Mosque and Linwood Islamic Centre in Christchurch, New Zealand, on 15 March 2019, that killed 51 people and injured 49, named his manifesto The Great Replacement, a reference to Camus's book. In response, Camus condemned violence while reaffirming his desire for a "counter-revolt" against an increase in nonwhite populations.

In 2019, research by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue showed over 24,000 social media mentions of the Great Replacement in the month before the Christchurch shootings, in comparison to just 3,431 mentions in April 2012. The use of the term spiked in April 2019 after the Christchurch mosque shootings..

Patrick Crusius, the suspect in the 2019 El Paso shooting, posted an online manifesto titled The Inconvenient Truth alluding to the "great replacement" and expressing support for "the Christchurch shooter" minutes before the attack. It spoke of a "Hispanic invasion of Texas" leading to "cultural and ethnic replacement" as justifications for the shooting.

Something that promotes white nationalism or discourages vaccination.
Can you please give any example of context where "In political terms, this policy is sometimes called the great replacement" isn't referring to the great replacement conspiracy?

Nothing about it is an accident, obviously. It is intentional. Biden did it on purpose. But why? Why would a president do this to his own country? No sane, first-world nation opens its borders to the world," Carlson said.​
He went on to say, "There's only one plausible answer ... To reduce the political power of people whose ancestors lived here, and dramatically increase the proportion of Americans newly arrived from the third world ... In political terms, this policy is sometimes called the great replacement — the replacement of legacy Americans, with more obedient people from faraway countries.​

He is claiming the (((elites))) are trying “to change the racial mix of the country”.

In a discussion about ethno-nationalism the primary problem is people being judged to be of more or lesser value based on where they came from and what values are assumed to have been instilled in them during their upbringing there.

When really each person should be judged on their merits and go through the process of being vetted for that, which is the fair argument for legal immigration.

Conflating the position of being pro legal and procedural immigration, judging people on their merits, while being heavily anti illegal immigration with just being against all people from elsewhere is intentionally putting everyone into the same group to remove the nuance.
Can you expand on what you consider "illegal immigration"?

What was the discussion about ethno-nationalism?

Can you please give any example of context where "In political terms, this policy is sometimes called the great replacement" isn't referring to the great replacement conspiracy?

He is claiming the (((elites))) are trying “to change the racial mix of the country”.
Well if Biden states that as his intention, should that intention not be questioned?

Are those who would seek to protect indigenous culture in Australia (like myself) to be described as “black nationalists”?

Can you expand on what you consider "illegal immigration"?

What was the discussion about ethno-nationalism?
Chief campaigns that Tucker sells fear of the other coming in and changing the suburbs.

Illegal immigration would be those who seek a better life in the USA but haven't applied for a green card, instead choosing to travel through third (sometimes more) nations to get there and enter the nation.

Chief campaigns that Tucker sells fear of the other coming in and changing the suburbs.
It’s what he does. If you think I’m the one who originated that argument, please read the thread again.

Well if Biden states that as his intention, should that intention not be questioned?
Ok, if this is truly your belief, can you please quote exactly what Biden said, and your interpretation?

Everything should be questioned. Did you question Carlson's use of "The great replacement" changing the racial mix of the US?

Are those who would seek to protect indigenous culture in Australia (like myself) to be described as “black nationalists”?

Your last reply called for the importance of context. Now you seem to be deliberately ignoring it.

Can you give an example of each, that you feel are similar?

It’s what he does. If you think I’m the one who originated that argument, please read the thread again.
The issue I have is that all immigration is conflated, when the issue is with people charging the border who haven't qualified to become part of their nation and are then released into the community while they wait for their cases to be heard.

Legal immigration isn't the problem.

I think he sells fear.

Do you disagree?

Illegal immigration would be those who seek a better life in the USA but haven't applied for a green card, instead choosing to travel through third (sometimes more) nations to get there and enter the nation.
Do you consider asylum seekers or refugees to be illegal immigrants?

Are you against their desire for a better life? Or just that they're not following the proper procedures?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he sells fear.

Do you disagree?

Are you against their desire for a better life? Or just that they're not following the proper procedures?
One of the biggest lies we've been sold in the immigration debate is that there's some sort of orderly global queue for refugees waiting to be resettled and that anyone that doesn't who doesn't sit in this queue is somehow not worthy of our protection.

I think he sells fear.

Do you disagree?
I completely agree. I think all media sell shock and fear and he is no different.

No I think everyone on the planet should be trying to live in Australia, every responsible parent who hears even a small bit about the opportunity for their children in a place like Australia would be making their way here if they have the means. I would. I don't have a problem with the desire to get here at all.

But seeking a better life alone isn't a qualifying metric for being welcomed into the arms of our generous protective system.

People who are fleeing persecution and war should be welcomed by the first safe nation they get to or the nation that is creating the issues in their region, which would cover us if we've contributed to destabilsing the area.

I don't have a problem with young men, and these people are mostly young men, seeking a better opportunity for their lives but the USA isn't obligated to accommodate them, especially if like us they will have access to the ER system as a free GP. They should have health care, but if you average out the money able to pay for medical care for everyone then the people paying for it will get a massive reduction in quality of service and they deserve to get what they pay for.

I completely agree. I think all media sell shock and fear and he is no different.
So it's just the type of fear Tucker 'sells', that you disagree with Chief?

No I think everyone on the planet should be trying to live in Australia, every responsible parent who hears even a small bit about the opportunity for their children in a place like Australia would be making their way here if they have the means. I would. I don't have a problem with the desire to get here at all.
So it would be irresponsible for any parent, not to try?

Australia and the USA have very different systems and complications when it comes to the types of immigration.
You were talking about the USA, now you're talking about Australia. This isn't a problem, but I'll try to make it clear when I'm replying, as to which I'm referring to, when they diverge.

But seeking a better life alone isn't a qualifying metric for being welcomed into the arms of our generous protective system.
What's "our generous protective system"?
Illegal immigrants in the US and AUS don't have access to 'welfare'.

People who are fleeing persecution and war should be welcomed by the first safe nation they get to or the nation that is creating the issues in their region, which would cover us if we've contributed to destabilsing the area.
Asylum seekers?

I don't have a problem with young men, and these people are mostly young men, seeking a better opportunity for their lives but the USA isn't obligated to accommodate them.
When you say "these people", do you mean immigrants, asylum seekers, 'illegal immigrants', temp-visas etc?

An argument can be made for obligations. But I think the USA benefits from immigration more than is loses.

especially if like us they will have access to the ER system as a free GP. They should have health care, but if you average out the money able to pay for medical care for everyone then the people paying for it will get a massive reduction in quality of service and they deserve to get what they pay for.
Is this the US or AUS?
In most cases they would be working, paying tax and contributing to the healthcare system in the same way others are.

There are some exceptions, of course, depending on US or AUS. But I think the impact on the healthcare system would be negligible.

people charging the border who haven't qualified to become part of their nation and are then released into the community while they wait for their cases to be heard.

Legal immigration isn't the problem.
What percentage of refugees coming into the US is this?

Ok, if this is truly your belief, can you please quote exactly what Biden said, and your interpretation?

Everything should be questioned. Did you question Carlson's use of "The great replacement" changing the racial mix of the US?

Your last reply called for the importance of context. Now you seem to be deliberately ignoring it.

Can you give an example of each, that you feel are similar?

Let's go back to the question I asked you, ok? You're very good add playing the cross examination game of the defence before putting the case for the prosecution.

Let's go back to the question I asked you, ok? You're very good add playing the cross examination game of the defence before putting the case for the prosecution.
I feel like I did answer your question.

Do you consider the "The great replacement" a white nationalist conspiracy?
Why not?

In the context in which he raised it, no I don’t. Now before I answer as to why not, perhaps you could put forward an argument as to why so?
1634085765943.png

1634085875169.png
1634085894252.png

I'm happy to answer.
I don't think any of my questions to you have been unreasonable. Which one/s do you take issue with?

Wasn't your church involved in the stolen generation and white Australia debacles?

I feel like I did answer your question.

View attachment 1259225

View attachment 1259228
View attachment 1259229

I'm happy to answer.
I don't think any of my questions to you have been unreasonable. Which one/s do you take issue with?

No. You didn't. You inserted some crazed examples of nutjobs killing people as though that was what Tucker was talking about when he was criticising Biden. The Great Replacement is largely a European thing, adopted by US progs to further demonise US conservatives.

Biden advocated as a "good thing" the reduction of the American white population to something below 50%. In 2015. In 2020, Biden expressed an intention to grant citizenship to 11 million undocumented immigrants. In 2021, Biden has opened the southern border and millions more have crossed into the US. In light of that, it is not unreasonable for middle class "white" Americans to ask "what the * are you doing?"

Now if it is not an intended change in the ethnic balance of the US population (or a "replacement", if you will), it is reasonable to ask just what it is.

So what is it?

It's increasingly strange how often suggestions by Conservatives as to Progressive motives go from "conspiracy theories" to progressive policy in such a short space of time. Almost like a series of "creeping assumptions".

Biden advocated as a "good thing" the reduction of the American white population to something below 50%. In 2015. In 2020, Biden expressed an intention to grant citizenship to 11 million undocumented immigrants. In 2021, Biden has opened the southern border and millions more have crossed into the US. In light of that, it is not unreasonable for middle class "white" Americans to ask "what the fu** are you doing?"
You'll need to link these. "Opened the Southern border"?

No. You didn't. You inserted some crazed examples of nutjobs killing people as though that was what Tucker was talking about when he was criticising Biden. The Great Replacement is largely a European thing, adopted by US progs to further demonise US conservatives.

Biden advocated as a "good thing" the reduction of the American white population to something below 50%. In 2015. In 2020, Biden expressed an intention to grant citizenship to 11 million undocumented immigrants. In 2021, Biden has opened the southern border and millions more have crossed into the US. In light of that, it is not unreasonable for middle class "white" Americans to ask "what the fu** are you doing?"

Now if it is not an intended change in the ethnic balance of the US population (or a "replacement", if you will), it is reasonable to ask just what it is.

So what is it?

It's increasingly strange how often suggestions by Conservatives as to Progressive motives go from "conspiracy theories" to progressive policy in such a short space of time. Almost like a series of "creeping assumptions".

Americans come in many colors. Most of them are descended from immigrants.

No. You didn't. You inserted some crazed examples of nutjobs killing people as though that was what Tucker was talking about when he was criticising Biden.
No, I quoted an outline of mass shooters who referred to "The great replacement" conspiracy as partial reason for their heinous actions.

I thought that would be enough for you to at least look into the background.

It was about Carlson specifically saying "The great replacement", while discussing replacing American's with "the third world".

The Great Replacement is largely a European thing, adopted by US progs to further demonise US conservatives.
I'm not sure where to begin with this, sorry.

You think that progressives somehow tricked Carlson into saying "the great replacement"? As part of some ongoing conspiracy to "demonise US conservatives"?

If we both feel very strongly about this issue, and have almost opposite takes, we should break it down to see where we've been misled.

Biden advocated as a "good thing" the reduction of the American white population to something below 50%. In 2015.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...isted-2015-clip-biden-into-conspiracy-theory/

“An unrelenting stream of immigration, nonstop, nonstop. Folks like me who were Caucasian, of European descent for the first time in 2017 will be in an absolute minority in the United States of America, absolute minority. Fewer than 50 percent of the people in America from then and on will be White European stock. That’s not a bad thing. That’s as a source of our strength.”​
It was a long thought — about six minutes of commentary, beginning with the fact that the city of Boston came together as a community after the bombing during the Boston Marathon. “I’m not suggesting to the press or any of our guests that I think America has all the answers here,” Biden said. “We just have a lot more experience. By that I mean, we are a nation of immigrants. That’s who we are.”​
“I don’t want to suggest we have all the answers, but we have a lot of experience of integrating communities into the American system,” Biden continued after the clip aired by Carlson. “The American Dream. … It’s not merely that we’re a melting pot, but we’re proud to be a melting pot.”​
He added that “the most important lesson we’ve learned — we don’t always practice it — is that inclusion counts.” Here Biden made a reference to the fact that his Irish forebears were met with skepticism when they arrived in the United States in the late 1800s, encountering signs that said “No Irish need apply” and anti-Catholic prejudice.​
“We still have problems,” Biden concluded. “But I’m proud of the American record on culture and economic integration, of not only our Muslim communities but African communities, Asian communities, Hispanic communities.”​

In 2020, Biden expressed an intention to grant citizenship to 11 million undocumented immigrants.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...mmitment-to-modernize-our-immigration-system/
The bill provides hardworking people who enrich our communities every day and who have lived here for years, in some cases for decades, an opportunity to earn citizenship.​

In 2021, Biden has opened the southern border and millions more have crossed into the US.
The southern border is not open. He is being condemned internationally for his continued inhumane use of Title 42.
https://www.unhcr.org/en-au/news/pr...ees-filippo-grandi-conditions-expulsions.html
I reiterate UNHCR’s call for the US government immediately and fully to lift its Title 42 restrictions in effect since March of 2020 which continue to deny most people arriving at the southwest US land border any opportunity to request asylum.​

In light of that, it is not unreasonable for middle class "white" Americans to ask "what the fu** are you doing?"
The deliberate dissemination of disinformation has created fear and panic.
It's fair to ask "what the f are you doing", but it's pretty important to listen to the answers.

And why is the colour of skin important?

It's immigration.
What is the 'ethnic balance' of the US population, and why is it important to keep it?

Who is being replaced?

No one is being swapped out. There is no replacement. It's a white nationalist conspiracy theory.

So what is it?
It's a conspiracy theory. And like all conspiracy theories it has some truth to it, but it's been twisted and warped into a weapon.

It's the view that some (((global elites))) are deliberately trying to destroy the 'white race'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back