The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but still. What were they expecting, a challenge for European spots?

They sacked Jokanovic with an identical record without even giving him a chance at the PL, so clearly they have certain metrics internally not readily apparent from reviewing the W/L record.

And so it begins. Not a great sauce though obviously...

Be surprising.
I would have thought with all the hype around the money available that Newcastle would go for a big 'name'.

Mind you can't understand how he was passed over in the Summer.
Good fit for Everton, but I think he and Spurs were made for each other.
All the talk about attacking football, the 'Spurs way', and they went for Nuno. :rolleyes:

Be surprising.
I would have thought with all the hype around the money available that Newcastle would go for a big 'name'.

Mind you can't understand how he was passed over in the Summer.
Good fit for Everton, but I think he and Spurs were made for each other.
All the talk about attacking football, the 'Spurs way', and they went for Nuno. :rolleyes:

Didn't Potter turn them down?

Isn't a large part of why Potter hasn't moved because he doesn't want to leave the south coast? Or is that someone else I'm getting him confused with?

Eddie Howe I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole media narrative around this has been disgusting to be honest.

"New minority owner meets squad and manager" doesn't sound as sexy I suppose.

Agreed. I do feel for Bruce who it seems inevitably will be the first casualty of the Saudis. They'll undoubtedly pay him whatever needs to be paid for him to go quietly.

I see Favre being linked, that's a new one.

Pointless sacking him when they can't sign new players. He is the right man for the job with this group. Sure come December if results are only so-so then sack him before the window opens up

Graeme Jones appointment as assistant to Bruce end of January saw them take on far more attacking approach to their games even before ASM came back. They looked fairly clueless before that. I think Bruce is just been allowed to stay on until they find new manager. Can’t imagine they see Bruce as long term solution and tbh probably best to let him go now and put Jones in as caretaker

Graeme Jones appointment as assistant to Bruce end of January saw them take on far more attacking approach to their games even before ASM came back. They looked fairly clueless before that. I think Bruce is just been allowed to stay on until they find new manager. Can’t imagine they see Bruce as long term solution and tbh probably best to let him go now and put Jones in as caretaker

Think there was a report he offered to stay on until they found a new manager which they were happy to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back