Rumour Ricky Nixon selling dodgy footballs?

AndrewShawble

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm astonished by some of the moralising in this thread. Anyone who bought one of these balls in a state of post-premiership delirium would be pissing themselves with laughter. They have invested in an anecdote way more valuable than a legit signed footy. It isn't like he is stealing from the poor. You don't buy this stuff unless you are seriously struggling to find ways to dispose of your excess cash.

lol so they deserve to be victims of fraud because it’s not an everyday item?

TwiggleyFanClub

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I'm astonished by some of the moralising in this thread. Anyone who bought one of these balls in a state of post-premiership delirium would be pissing themselves with laughter. They have invested in an anecdote way more valuable than a legit signed footy. It isn't like he is stealing from the poor. You don't buy this stuff unless you are seriously struggling to find ways to dispose of your excess cash.

Toot toot, Ricky!

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
It is a stupid but victimless crime. If you don't find this story funny, there is little hope for you.
I was having a chuckle about his Authentication Cert's today which you can read from earlier.. But fact is he's been ripping off footy fans who are most likely everyday people, we're not talking about some rascal ripping off the mega wealthy with clever forgeries of fine art

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I was having a chuckle about his Authentication Cert's today which you can read from earlier.. But fact is he's been ripping off footy fans who are most likely everyday people, we're not talking about some rascal ripping off the mega wealthy with clever forgeries of fine art

Its way worse; he’s ripping off footy fans in the name of a cancer charity.

He’s a flea.

perplexed

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh FFS! He was caught, and he'll be punished. Everyone who wants their money back will get it. The only loser here is Ricky.

When you consider the time he would have spent away from his recreational activities to organise this pathetic scam and forge all the sigs, he probably could have made more money working as a BF mod.

Choc Milk

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
Anyone who pays 750 bucks for a footy that a bunch of meathead flogs signed is just asking to be separated from their cash

Hilarious actually, especially when you think of the Melbourne supporters who fell in for it.

Even if they were real they are worthless.

Caveat Emptor. A principle that most Melbourne supporters would live by in their business dealings

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Years ago, when the schoolgirl sh*t blew up, my mate saw him leave Port Melb Coles without paying for his frozen pizza at the self-service checkouts. He was 2 bucks short or something.

Classic Ricky.

I saw Ricky Nixon at Coles in Prahran a few years back, before all the schoolgirl stuff.

I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face.

I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.”

At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me.

I don’t even think that’s a word.

After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
I saw Ricky Nixon at Coles in Prahran a few years back, before all the schoolgirl stuff.

I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face.

I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off.

When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.”

At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me.

I don’t even think that’s a word.

After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Was waiting for this!!!

Love it, but everyone knows it was Ryan Gosling.

Islanda22

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2014
Australia
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone who pays 750 bucks for a footy that a bunch of meathead flogs signed is just asking to be separated from their cash

Hilarious actually, especially when you think of the Melbourne supporters who fell in for it.

Even if they were real they are worthless.

Caveat Emptor. A principle that most Melbourne supporters would live by in their business dealings

You will be safe from any future scams because your pathetic FC will never come close to winning one

Back