The Music Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you had a listen yet? I gave it another go today (third time listening), man it is ******* great.

These probably my favourites off it:

The Dying Light
Seventeen Going Under
Spit of You
Getting Started
Angel in Lothian
Paradigms
The Leveller
Better of Me
Poltergeists

Not a fan of Aye

The Dying Light
Seventeen Going Under
Spit of You
Getting Started
Angel in Lothian
Paradigms
The Leveller
Better of Me
Poltergeists

Not a fan of Aye
Hahaha so virtually the whole album? :sweatsmile:

I can't really pick a weak song on there. I like some more than others sure, but overall a great album.

Long Way Off is a bit meh (not really my style but I don't hate it).

I didn't like Aye at first either but the more I listen to it the more I like it. Very good lyrics.

Seventeen Going Under
Getting Started
Get You Down
Poltergeists

Would be my four stand outs, but as I said I really like the album. The ballads are great too. I love that he has a saxophonist in his band, adds a very unique and interesting element to his music. The strings in Paradigms are brilliant. Good Company and Poltergeists really show off a lot of vulnerability, excellent song writing.

On The Dying Light, it sounds remarkably similar to a Springsteen song (in a good way), tell me if you can hear it.

Hahaha so virtually the whole album? :sweatsmile:

I can't really pick a weak song on there. I like some more than others sure, but overall a great album.

Long Way Off is a bit meh (not really my style but I don't hate it).

I didn't like Aye at first either but the more I listen to it the more I like it. Very good lyrics.

Seventeen Going Under
Getting Started
Get You Down
Poltergeists

Would be my four stand outs, but as I said I really like the album. The ballads are great too. I love that he has a saxophonist in his band, adds a very unique and interesting element to his music. The strings in Paradigms are brilliant. Good Company and Poltergeists really show off a lot of vulnerability, excellent song writing.

On The Dying Light, it sounds remarkably similar to a Springsteen song (in a good way), tell me if you can hear it.

Haha I thought you just wanted to know what songs I liked!

Seventeen Going Under
The Dying Light
Getting Started (Reminds me of Ryan Adams rockier stuff)
Spit of You

Probably my four favourites.

Can definitely see a similar little riff in Dying light to the Springsteen song. I've actually felt the whole album has a Springsteen vibe but you have listened to Bruce more than I have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha I thought you just wanted to know what songs I liked!

Seventeen Going Under
The Dying Light
Getting Started (Reminds me of Ryan Adams rockier stuff)
Spit of You

Probably my four favourites.

Can definitely see a similar little riff in Dying light to the Springsteen song. I've actually felt the whole album has a Springsteen vibe but you have listened to Bruce more than I have.
I like pretty much all the songs aside from the one or two I mentioned (which I don't hate)as
I've listened to the album each day this week and no doubt I'll have it on again tomorrow. I bloody love it.

Yeah, towards the end, 100%. It struck me right away.

Yeah, he has cited Bruce as an influence and digs him (has covered quite a few of his tracks, great covers worth checking out), some of the songs and writing definitely can be seen/heard as an influence.

Speaking of Bryan Adams, he has a new album that came out this week too. I've only heard the title track - So Happy It Hurts - and I really liked it.

I like pretty much all the songs aside from the one or two I mentioned (which I don't hate)as
I've listened to the album each day this week and no doubt I'll have it on again tomorrow. I bloody love it.

Yeah, towards the end, 100%. It struck me right away.

Yeah, he has cited Bruce as an influence and digs him (has covered quite a few of his tracks, great covers worth checking out), some of the songs and writing definitely can be seen/heard as an influence.

Speaking of Bryan Adams, he has a new album that came out this week too. I've only heard the title track - So Happy It Hurts - and I really liked it.
Haha I actually meant Ryan Adams - not Bryan 😂

I’ll have a gander at some of the Springsteen covers!

Spanish Sahara bok_party chef Loonerty

New Sam Fender album out today. You guys into him? Opening two tracks are ******* bangers, so damn good.
So I listened to (most of) it. Assumed Dying Light was the closer and it seems I'm right, the others after it were part of the deluxe album only.

Didn't love it if I'm honest... The Leveller is really good but to me it feels like a lot of the time it's music which can't decide if it's The Killers or Gang of Youths or Nothing But Thieves (mainly his voice for the last one). Makes me think of Hozier a fair bit.

Not bad by any means, just not for me really.

So I listened to (most of) it. Assumed Dying Light was the closer and it seems I'm right, the others after it were part of the deluxe album only.

Didn't love it if I'm honest... The Leveller is really good but to me it feels like a lot of the time it's music which can't decide if it's The Killers or Gang of Youths or Nothing But Thieves (mainly his voice for the last one). Makes me think of Hozier a fair bit.

Not bad by any means, just not for me really.
Ah right, I have only listened to the deluxe album (on Spotify).

Yeah that's fair enough!

I have given it a listen over the last few days. Pretty good album, few standout tracks for me at the moment. Will try some of his previous work when I get a chance as well

I have given it a listen over the last few days. Pretty good album, few standout tracks for me at the moment. Will try some of his previous work when I get a chance as well
Hypersonic Missles and The Borders his two other (very) popular tracks.

The Dying Light
Seventeen Going Under
Spit of You
Getting Started
Angel in Lothian
Paradigms
The Leveller
Better of Me
Poltergeists

Not a fan of Aye
Had the album on repeat for the last part of this week.

I am finding more and more songs more appealing after each listen. Paradigms is great, as is Spit of You. Good Company also outstanding IMO.

Voice of a generation I'm not so sure about.
OK maybe not that far but she's come a long way. Her latest album Plastic Hearts and all her recent covers of great rock n roll tracks. She's changed so much since her early pop crap she was farming out. It feels like shes finally making music she was meant to make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back