Review Winners and losers, 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty happy as a Pies supporter. We got s**t done, seemingly weren't bent over, no huge media leaks or press conference disasters (so far!)...
Points for Daics, flexibility and picks stocked for next year to make a move potentially on a key forward...

Things seem positive.
A nice change!

Freo did ok. Started with 8,27, 84 I think, Lost Cerra and came away with Brodie, Clark and picks 6, 8, 19 plus a couple in the 60's.

People are right though - it was a bore. Gil attempts to milk the theatre with a happy hour at the end but it is about as exciting as a sloth on melatonin.
Should run from end of season to about a week before draft day.

Fremantle, they lost the biggest “name” player however got busy and ended up getting good deals done.

Only down side is no 2nd, 3rd or 4th next year. But have got 2 players with big upside in and an additional top 10 pick.

Hate to say it but was good business by Fremantle

Fremantle, they lost the biggest “name” player however got busy and ended up getting good deals done.

Only down side is no 2nd, 3rd or 4th next year. But have got 2 players with big upside in and an additional top 10 pick.

Hate to say it but was good business by Fremantle
Freo has quite the swag of NGA players next year so if they slip past #40 then they are matched with whatever pick is next, even if it's #150.

Not too worried about not having the F3 and F4 because of that.

Curious to see what happens with #19 and if that turns into a F2 next year and a later pick in 2021 - or just becoming a player.

You'd have to say Hawthorn is a loser.

Their President sent a letter to its members which turned out to be about nothing, Sam Mitchell didn't get any more picks he wanted in and is stuck with a bunch of guys he tried to ship, which he thought he could get first round picks for and the market said they're worth a packet of plain salt.

Going to be an interesting 12 months for them.

Freo has quite the swag of NGA players next year so if they slip past #40 then they are matched with whatever pick is next, even if it's #150.

Not too worried about not having the F3 and F4 because of that.

Curious to see what happens with #19 and if that turns into a F2 next year and a later pick in 2021 - or just becoming a player.
Didn’t know about the NGA’s. So even smarter.

I agree will be interesting to see what happens with 19, wouldn’t be surprised if that ends up being a first for 2022, which would give them two good picks next year, then the NGAs you speak off.

Didn’t know about the NGA’s. So even smarter.

I agree will be interesting to see what happens with 19, wouldn’t be surprised if that ends up being a first for 2022, which would give them two good picks next year, then the NGAs you speak off.

I'd expect Rory Lobb to try and move end of next season too if someone will offer him a three or four year deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty happy as a Pies supporter. We got sh*t done, seemingly weren't bent over, no huge media leaks or press conference disasters (so far!)...
Points for Daics, flexibility and picks stocked for next year to make a move potentially on a key forward...

Things seem positive.
A nice change!
Yeah traded out 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders, nice stocking up of picks :drunk:

Actually, on face value doesn't look like anyone lost or gained massively but for the action, the Pies did well.

should just run all year. This trade week circus is like this every year, no trades then a bunch of them on the last day

There where quite a Few Trades in the 1st Week

And brought in pick 27 + future 3rd, future 3rd

but sure let’s just ignore that :)
You stated that Collingwood stocked up on next years picks so you could have a crack at a key forward, how the * does pick 27 this year and trading out of your 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks next year achieve that?

You stated that Collingwood stocked up on next years picks so you could have a crack at a key forward, how the fu** does pick 27 this year and trading out of your 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks next year achieve that?
Why are you quoting me lol where did I say we stocked up.

You are saying we threw away our draft hand for next year, im disagreeing as we managed to get the points required for Daicos while still breaking even with our strength next year.

Regardless, none of the picks we traded out were ever going to land us a quality KPP, but the 1st rounder we retained might.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back