Toby Greene makes contact with umpire - Update: Suspension Increased to 6 weeks on Appeal

What will happen to Toby?

• Gone - 4 weeks or more

Votes: 129 24.3%
  • Gone - 1-3 weeks

Votes: 278 52.5%
  • Fine only

Votes: 99 18.7%
  • Innocent - play on.

Votes: 24 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A three-week ban is already over-the-top for an act that's merely disrespectful, not dangerous – and a six-week ban is beyond laughable.
Plus I'm really not a fan of the AFL being able to appeal "inadequate" penalties to begin with.

8 weeks for shattering a players jaw off the ball
6 weeks for bumping an umpire

I get why they want to stamp this behaviour out but the whole system just seems weird

I get why they want to stamp this behaviour out but the whole system just seems weird
You should see the criminal justice system.

I think six weeks was correct for Greene, I also think that you should get more than 8 for breaking a players jaw off the ball, doesn’t mean Greene didn’t deserve six.

Not defending him, he deserves the 6 weeks

Neale deserved it to
No Neales actions were completely different, in effect and in motivation. And you know it. Neale could argue he was hard done by even getting fined, but something was required, so I'll say a fine was fair enough. He did touch the ump, to ALERT HIM THAT HE WAS BLEEDING! So the blood rule could be actioned.

You know all this. Youve been told a milion times. Youre just stirring shite now.

Goodbye.

Just different rules for different codes I guess, noticed in the soccer players grab the refs all the time..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back