List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

So we've added Brodie and Clark... two guys below 25...Mid and winger.

I really think we need Rachele now...
I'd like best mid, Rachele and best tall at 19.
The other option is to add Mac Andrew, Rachele, best tall
I lean towards Mac purely because while mids are always needed, we just added a real inside mid, have valente and now clark as well in there. Mac and a KPF and a pure small forward in Rachele would be awesome. I think Young will move up into the mids pretty soon too. And there's Chappy.

Mac and Darcy combo has me salivating.

If we do go after Luke Jackson, there'd be worse trade bait than Mac Andrew.

If we do go after Luke Jackson, there'd be worse trade bait than Mac Andrew.
If Jackson has an injury interrupted 2022 or has a poor season then him being out of contract and Mac Andrew having three years on his deal would mean we aren't talking much of an exchange of picks to get even value between the two clubs.

So we've added Brodie and Clark... two guys below 25...Mid and winger.

I really think we need Rachele now...
I'd like best mid, Rachele and best tall at 19.
The other option is to add Mac Andrew, Rachele, best tall

cal Twomey reckon on trade radio
GWS want Andrew
think Rachele will go early too.

Haven’t seen much of Rachele. What differentiates him from someone like Ainsworth who hasn’t really come on at all at AFL level? There’s not too many with his profile that have made it in the league beyond a Toby Greene (who was actually a midfielder when drafted IIRC) or Robbie Gray. Or do I have him pegged completely wrong?

Haven’t seen much of Rachele. What differentiates him from someone like Ainsworth who hasn’t really come on at all at AFL level? There’s not too many with his profile that have made it in the league beyond a Toby Greene (who was actually a midfielder when drafted IIRC) or Robbie Gray. Or do I have him pegged completely wrong?
What profile are you meaning? Small forwards? Small forward/mid?

So we have three top 20 picks.
Then 61 & 69
They may come into picks 51/52 & 60/61 by the time the first 30 selections are taken.
Could we package both in live trading to get up around pick 40? And get a slider like Jack Carroll was last year?
Or maybe use them to help us draft Motlop in the late 30s if it looks like he will be taken on before we match him at 41?

What profile are you meaning? Small forwards? Small forward/mid?
My understanding is that he is not a pure zippy, small forward that you’d put straight into a pocket and crumb and pressure all day. Rather more a half forward that likes to run through the middle. More in the Ainsworth, Jack Higgins, Gresham mould. Good players but I wouldn’t want to spend a top 10 pick on.

Like I said, I haven’t watched anything beyond a couple of clips of him so could be way off.

My understanding is that he is not a pure zippy, small forward that you’d put straight into a pocket and crumb and pressure all day. Rather more a half forward that likes to run through the middle. More in the Ainsworth, Jack Higgins, Gresham mould. Good players but I wouldn’t want to spend a top 10 pick on.

Like I said, I haven’t watched anything beyond a couple of clips of him so could be way off.

from his highlights he reminds me of Paul Medhurst

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In reality I don't know either. Stevie Johnson or Walters could all be in that equation.

If both Andrew and Rachelle go before our pick it increases the chances of Erasmus being available to us.
With the draft being so even I will be interesting to see who goes where. Would love Erasmus & NWM. Jack Williams at 19

I think NWM is perfect fit for freo.
but also be upset if they take Amiss or JVR at 8

With the draft being so even I will be interesting to see who goes where. Would love Erasmus & NWM. Jack Williams at 19

I haven't seen a lot of Williams but he was underwhelming in that last game.

Interesting comment from Twomey a little while ago..he sees Rachele as perfect for Adelaide at 4

If Mac Andrew tests as well as I think he will then Gold Coast could take him with their first pick as they desperately need a developing ruck in my opinion for with Witts getting towards the end of his career and also coming off a major injury. If that was the case and Adelaide took Rachele then Ward would be availabe with our first pick. He reported to be quick, skillfull and a great gut runner. His afl position could very well be wing as he's small for an inside mid. Also reported to have Andy Brayshaw like leadership and work ethic. If we took Ward at the 8th pick in the draft and Erasmus and the 10th pick I would be very happy with that. NWM looks like the late bolter this year just like Andy and Griff were in their draft years. I wouldn't rule out live trading our second pick for Brisbane's picks currently 14 and 18 depending on who's available. so he could be a good pick too.

Can Ysaye and Tundrawolf give us a list of our academy guys for next year and where they think they may sit?

The ones highlighted in bold below are the ones IMO may have a chance at AFL....

Official AFL Website of the Fremantle Dockers (fremantlefc.com.au)
  • Cole Agnew
  • Kendyll Blurton (very small midfielder but with decent numbers at Colts, made the U17 squad)
  • Chase Bourne (goal kicking midfielder / forward, decent at WAFL Colts, made U17 squad)
  • Jaren Carr
  • Seth Connor
  • William Dimasi
  • Josh Draper (Mid / Forward who got selected for U17 squad)
  • Dom Dravitzki
  • Anthony Ghiselli
  • Brodie Ginbey
  • Kai Holmes
  • Kai Humphry
  • Jack Ilott
  • Tristian Jacques (195cm Ruckman - very decent hitouts at WAFL colts level)
  • Simon James
  • Rickardo Jetta
  • Ashwin Malik
  • Dallas McAdam
  • Rohan McNeill
  • Tyler Piazzola
  • Tryse Rioli
  • Graham Sandy
  • Jasper Scaife (Key forward, currently 195cm, been useful for East Freo but has a lot of competition at WAFL level)
  • Ahmad Sgro
  • Clayton Taylor
  • Conrad Williams (182cm Wingman with low stats, picked in the U17 squad)
  • Christian Wilson
  • William Wolf (200cm ruckman)
  • Xavier Wright
  • Norman Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Back