List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

The vibe of it suggests me to the top 6 will be Horne-Francis, Diacos, Callaghan, Hobbs, Darcy and Andrew. I think the pool we're taking the first of our two top 10 picks from are Gibcus, Ward, Rachelle, Erasmus. The next one will be them plus Amiss, Draper, Goater, Sonsie, Johnson, NWM, Sinn, Roberts plus maybe some testing bolters.
Again just the a feeling; given we have two picks I think it likely Ward is going to be one of them. Warm up the melt thread.
Ward would be fantastic.

Still can't go past Erasmus at 6 and JVR at 8 - then best available at 19 or whatever trade scenario presents.

Remember our greatest need is goal (rather than point) kicking tall forwards.
If we took JVR at 8 it would be a massive jump from where the phantoms having him going. Most have him more at the 21-25 pick or 19-23 if you like once the two spot drop is taken into account for the two father son selections. I think there is a good chance St Kilda go with Gibcus at the pick between our two. Meaning that Erasmus would likely be available at pick 10 of the draft in my view. Id love Ward or Rachelle at 8 and Erasmus at 10. JVR at 21.

If we took JVR at 8 it would be a massive jump from where the phantoms having him going. Most have him more at the 21-25 pick or 19-23 if you like once the two spot drop is taken into account for the two father son selections. I think there is a good chance St Kilda go with Gibcus at the pick between our two. Meaning that Erasmus would likely be available at pick 10 of the draft in my view. Id love Ward or Rachelle at 8 and Erasmus at 10. JVR at 21.

Richmond have the pick between ours I think. JVR won’t last to 20, that’s ludicrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not even mid October. Still plenty of movement to happen with rating the prospects. Especially with limited exposure to the Vic prospects.

1) JHF (North)
2) Daicos (Coll)
3) Darcy (WB)
4) Andrew (GWS)
5) Gibcus (GC)
6) Callaghan (Adelaide)
7) Hobbs (Hawks)
8) Rochelle (Freo)
9) Ward (Rich)
10) NWM (Freo)

Then we’ll gamble Amiss or JVR make it to 19. I’m convinced we are taking NWM if he’s there at 10

Richmond have the pick between ours I think. JVR won’t last to 20, that’s ludicrous.
Every phantom draft has him after 20 so Im only going by that. With 21 being the earliest. Correct about Richmond having the pick between us though. My mistake. Richmond need youth with their key defenders as well though. So it could vey well be Gibcus they draft anyway.

I’m really hoping for Erasmus, I think he’s exactly what we need, tall, quick, can go forward and kick a goal. Also really want Van Rooyen, whether we pick him at 8 (10) I’m not sure though. Potentially Erasmus and Rachelle with the first picks then look at trading 19 dot get further up if we aren’t confident Van Rooyen will last that long.

1) JHF (North)
2) Daicos (Coll)
3) Darcy (WB)
4) Andrew (GWS)
5) Gibcus (GC)
6) Callaghan (Adelaide)
7) Hobbs (Hawks)
8) Rochelle (Freo)
9) Ward (Rich)
10) NWM (Freo)

Then we’ll gamble Amiss or JVR make it to 19. I’m convinced we are taking NWM if he’s there at 10
If we have Intel that JVR will last till 19, than my prediction for the club is:
Erasmus/Rachele (6)
NWM (8)
JVR (19)

I just don't know who the club will choose between Erasmus and Rachele. I'm leaning slightly towards Erasmus.

1) JHF (North)
2) Daicos (Coll)
3) Darcy (WB)
4) Andrew (GWS)
5) Gibcus (GC)
6) Callaghan (Adelaide)
7) Hobbs (Hawks)
8) Rochelle (Freo)
9) Ward (Rich)
10) NWM (Freo)

I think NWM will be this years bolter as well but what makes you so sure we are defiiitely taking him? I havent read anything suggesting that? I wouldnt rule out a live trade with Brisbane where we get pick 16 and 20 in return for pick 10. Ward, Amiss, Roberts and JVR would be a foursome that would fit our needs

I think NWM will be this years bolter as well but what makes you so sure we are defiiitely taking him? I havent read anything suggesting that? I wouldnt rule out a live trade with Brisbane where we get pick 16 and 20 in return for pick 10. Ward, Amiss, Roberts and JVR would be a foursome that would fit our needs
A bit of putting 1 and 1 together to make 3
- Bell specifically mentioned getting to see SA players a bit
- has name dropped NWM a few times
- from the first time I saw him in the champs game he screamed Freo want this kid to me, this was before I even knew who he was and his approx draft range

- from the first time I saw him in the champs game he screamed Freo want this kid to me, this was before I even knew who he was and his approx draft range

The fact he was screaming at you wasn't a red flag?

Fair enough. It wouldn't surprise me if we live traded with Brisbane for their first two picks for our pick 10 . I think NWM would be available at pick 16 if we did that pick swap.

I'm of the opinion that Freo will be inclined as usual to go best available. The choices will be
pick 8 Erasmus.
Pick 10 Sheldrick.
Pick 21 Amiss.
JVR will be gone in the first 15 IMHO , Motlop will go 18 or 19
We need a key forward more than a Swing Man .
Late picks could get us Dittmar and South
Rookie draft I would like Benning and Paton.

Except in the last game (SA v WA) Bell was probably screaming Freo do not want this kid under any circumstances. I still need to watch it properly again but I would not be surprised if it turned off some suitors based on what I saw.

Except in the last game (SA v WA) Bell was probably screaming Freo do not want this kid under any circumstances. I still need to watch it properly again but I would not be surprised if it turned off some suitors based on what I saw.
I didn’t really pay attention but sounds like it needs rewatching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back