News New Jumpers for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please lets keep discussion to actual confirmations, legitimate news items and credible leaks only. Remember that any of your own design ideas do not belong in this thread, but are to go in the Jumper Ideas thread.

A change will not be considered to be confirmed until it has either been announced by the club or leaked by a retailer.

If you do come across some information, please make sure to post your sources with any confirmed releases, and clearly state any rumours or leaks.

Cheers, and enjoy!

REMINDER: TROLLS WHO DELIBERATELY POST FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL BE CARDED

Adelaide
New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing Optus) - Confirmed 28/8/21.

Brisbane Lions

Carlton

Collingwood

New Rear Sponsor - TBA (Replacing CGU) - Confirmed 9/2/21; Source.

Essendon

Fremantle

Geelong

Gold Coast

Greater Western Sydney

Hawthorn

Melbourne

North Melbourne

New Manufacturer - Puma - Confirmed 28/10/21; Source.
New home jumper - return to white base - Rumoured; Source.
New away/clash jumper - rumoured to be Bounding Roo; Source.

Port Adelaide

Richmond

New Front Sponsor - nib (moves from back to front) - Confirmed 18/10/21; Source.
New Back Sponsor - Latitude - Confirmed 5/11/20; Source.

St Kilda

Sydney

West Coast

Western Bulldogs

Last edited:
should reckcon puma would be more keen to use the swooping magpie as nike are hisitent as its a addias design
It doesn’t stop these big brands for Football teams in Europe remaking classic kits which were usually done by another manufacturer.

Plenty of re-makes on classics have been done.

yeh but its actually been said nike wont use it becuse its an addias desgin before the pies swicthed to nike isc were going to use the desgin
It doesn’t stop these big brands for Football teams in Europe remaking classic kits which were usually done by another manufacturer.

Plenty of re-makes on classics have been done.

This logic doesn't make sense, Adidas don't own the rights to the kit
No, but they may not want to showcase an iconic kit designed by their biggest competitor.

It's a daft reason, but it'll be there logic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In English, please
This logic doesn't make sense, Adidas don't own the rights to the kit
That is the last thing they would be thinking about.
So here's the full story. Early last year I had made up a couple swooping magpie training designs (see attached) and these were sent to a guy named Paul on a Collingwood Jumper Facebook Page. Paul, being a collector for some time, had extensive contacts from within the club and so he sent these designs in.
Fast-forward about halfway through the season and Paul received an email saying the club really liked the designs he sent in and were looking to actually use them going into 2021. This was before the whole Nike fiasco though and so when that went down the club was still eager to use the design but according to Paul he was informed that Nike had shot it down as they 'didn't want to use what they perceived to be an Adidas design'. So it's 100% on the end of Nike as far as I understand, because everything we heard from the club sounded positive up until Nike came along. The fact that they've started selling all this 'Swoop' merch right around the time I sent had sent in my designs showed that something was going to happen at one point. Whether that's training jumper or an actual playing jumper im not too sure.

Attachments

• pres.jpg
    pres.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 186
So here's the full story. Early last year I had made up a couple swooping magpie training designs (see attached) and these were sent to a guy named Paul on a Collingwood Jumper Facebook Page. Paul, being a collector for some time, had extensive contacts from within the club and so he sent these designs in.
Fast-forward about halfway through the season and Paul received an email saying the club really liked the designs he sent in and were looking to actually use them going into 2021. This was before the whole Nike fiasco though and so when that went down the club was still eager to use the design but according to Paul he was informed that Nike had shot it down as they 'didn't want to use what they perceived to be an Adidas design'. So it's 100% on the end of Nike as far as I understand, because everything we heard from the club sounded positive up until Nike came along. The fact that they've started selling all this 'Swoop' merch right around the time I sent had sent in my designs showed that something was going to happen at one point. Whether that's training jumper or an actual playing jumper im not too sure.

Interesting! Although its been the best part of 20 years since it was used, so I don’t think anybody would think of Adidas when they see it these days. Poor from Nike if they nixed it, though maybe they just weren’t keen on doing it in year one and have it look like they had no original ideas off the bat. Could see them soften after they get a couple of years under the belt.

I assume the actual swooping magpie itself was designed by someone at Adidas? If so, do Collingwood/AFL now own the rights to it as some sort of alternate logo? Couldn’t imagine Collingwood would be able to use it in any capacity if it was Adidas IP.

So I'm guessing it's not because Swoopie is from the Adidas era, but because this design has three very prominent stripes on it.
Next year: "Collingwood has announced they are moving to a unique swoosh design in place of three stripes, purely because Adidas are big dumb jerks and have poopy faces"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back