Shield Match 3: South Australia vs Queensland, Adelaide Oval, 15-18th October, 11 am AEDT

Who gets more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

South Australia Squad: Jake Carder, Alex Carey (+), Brendan Doggett, David Grant, Travis Head (c), Henry Hunt, Jake Lehmann, Nathan McAndrew, Lloyd Pope, Liam Scott, Jake Weatherald, Daniel Worrall

Queensland Squad: James Bazley, Joe Burns, Blake Edwards, Sam Heazlett, Usman Khawaja (c), Matthew Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Jimmy Peirson (+), Lachlan Pfeffer (+), Matthew Renshaw, Gurindher Sandhu, Mark Steketee, Bryce Street, Connor Sully, Jack Wildermuth

Possible sides:

SA:

Hunt
Weatherald
Carder
Head
Carey
Scott
McAndrew
Worrall
Grant
Doggett
Pope

Qld:

Street
Burns
Labuschagne
Khawaja
Renshaw
Peirson (+)
Wildermuth
Neser
Steketee
Kuhnemann
Sully

I think Queensland have the more dangerous bowling line up here. Plus a deeper batting line up. But if it's a draw don't rule out SA getting more Bonus Points.

That is where he needs to bat. SACA almost destroyed his short career making him open last season.
Liam Scott would want to perform as I reckon Corey Kelly would be breathing down his neck. Kelly has had a great game in the 2nds this week and I saw he teed off in the local T20s last weekend as well.

Liam Scott would want to perform as I reckon Corey Kelly would be breathing down his neck. Kelly has had a great game in the 2nds this week and I saw he teed off in the local T20s last weekend as well.
I think the pair will exist simultaneously.

Pretty sure Neser has returned to Qld for the birth of his and partner's first child
Gives Sandhu and Bazley a chance

Gives Sandhu and Bazley a chance
I'm guessing it will be Bazley. Wouldn't hate seen us go with 6 bats just to see Heazlett a game, has more than earned another crack based on his premier cricket form the past 2 seasons. Qld don't tend to go in without 4 bowlers plus Wildermuth though.

I'm guessing it will be Bazley. Wouldn't hate seen us go with 6 bats just to see Heazlett a game, has more than earned another crack based on his premier cricket form the past 2 seasons. Qld don't tend to go in without 4 bowlers plus Wildermuth though.
Could just go with spin from Marnus and Renshaw instead. Kuhnemann is meh

Jeez that's a scarily long tail for the Backs
I think you need to bite the bullet and go with McAndrew at 7. You need to risk it with a long tail in order to be more dangerous with the ball IMO.

I think you need to bite the bullet and go with McAndrew at 7. You need to risk it with a long tail in order to be more dangerous with the ball IMO.

I'd go Lehmann over Scott but then again it's Jake Lehmann, would've liked to have seen McSweeney in but I have no clue who did well in the practice games. Really don't see a need for 5 seamers + Pope.

I'd go Lehmann over Scott but then again it's Jake Lehmann, would've liked to have seen McSweeney in but I have no clue who did well in the practice games. Really don't see a need for 5 seamers + Pope.
I think you need to give Scott another chance after rushing him up the order second half of last year because Head didn't want to bat at 3. I wasn't including Scott as an all rounder, I was playing him as a bat. Besides, we know Head will bowl himself ahead of Scott anyway.

Some pretty good performances in the 2nd XI match. https://mycricket.cricket.com.au/co...ch.aspx?matchid=3852739&save=0&entityid=17240

I'm a little surprised they seem to be pushing Mcsweeney in to the white ball stuff rather than the shield. He's certainly capable in both formats but having watched him bat a lot over the last 2 or 3 seasons I definitely expected them to be targeting him to get some time in the shield side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some pretty good performances in the 2nd XI match. https://mycricket.cricket.com.au/co...ch.aspx?matchid=3852739&save=0&entityid=17240

I'm a little surprised they seem to be pushing Mcsweeney in to the white ball stuff rather than the shield. He's certainly capable in both formats but having watched him bat a lot over the last 2 or 3 seasons I definitely expected them to be targeting him to get some time in the shield side
The 2nds had a good win and a couple of standout performances. I have heard there may be a couple of changes to the Shield 12 due to injury but can't confirm who it is. None of the lads who played in the 2nds will come in as they have just played 4 days and won't be able to back up physically.

The 2nds had a good win and a couple of standout performances. I have heard there may be a couple of changes to the Shield 12 due to injury but can't confirm who it is. None of the lads who played in the 2nds will come in as they have just played 4 days and won't be able to back up physically.
Batting wise you'd assume that Nielsen and McSweeney are the next in line. Bowling wise, not sure.

Yes I followed the game too. The Kelly twins stand outs. A 5/fer for the 'chinaman' tweaker Medew-Ewen. A wicket taker and unlike Pope does not leak runs. For the WA boys Teague Wylie is a talent. Still only 17 (stand corrected). Been watching his red ball progress for past 12 months.
He had 0/56 off 10 in the first innings...

Looks like Weatherald, Lehmann and Scott were the injuries as McSweeney and Neilsen are in. Possibly Grant. Edwards recovered from his hammy last game it seems too, Bazley in for Neser the only change

Looks like Weatherald, Lehmann and Scott were the injuries as McSweeney and Neilsen are in. Possibly Grant. Edwards recovered from his hammy last game it seems too, Bazley in for Neser the only change
Wait, no, Grant is playing

Good piece of bowling from Mcandrew to get Street just as he was starting to look set, nice to see a match on a pitch giving the bowlers something

Good piece of bowling from Mcandrew to get Street just as he was starting to look set, nice to see a match on a pitch giving the bowlers something
Now the ball is softer looks better for batting.

Bowling has been good. Bulls struggling at tea big time..

All out 152 eek.

Last edited:
Back