Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

AFL Trade period: Adelaide Crows, Sydney Swans agree on deal for Jordan Dawson
Sydney was less than happy with its compensation, but Adelaide maintains its deal for Jordan Dawson was fair. So, which was it? Have your say.

1634177562377.png

You'd think with Sydney under some cap pressure that WCE who are likely to be going into a rebuild mode will have plenty of money in their cap could put a very very nice offer for what could be a 10 year FF in McDonald for them..and ideal fit you'd think and the stars may be aligning with Kennedy and Darling almost done. Still, Sydney may shed some more players next year and find extra money although don't be surprised to see Buddy get an extra year if he plays well this year coming. He will have earned it but it won't be cheap

I agree with all apart from the last. The big bud will be relatively cheap if, and it is a big if, he goes around again.

I agree with all apart from the last. The big bud will be relatively cheap if, and it is a big if, he goes around again.
Its an interesting list management question for them. Say Buddy for the purpose of this discussion has a relatively injury free 2022 and kicks between 40-50 goals and is then off contract. Assuming the swans have not won the flag, he might decide to go again and could you see him playing for $300K..I couldn't. But if Sydney are right in their premiership window, why wouldn't you want a buddy Franklin leading the line for you especially if he comes off a good 2022. Decisions

Its an interesting list management question for them. Say Buddy for the purpose of this discussion has a relatively injury free 2022 and kicks between 40-50 goals and is then off contract. Assuming the swans have not won the flag, he might decide to go again and could you see him playing for $300K..I couldn't. But if Sydney are right in their premiership window, why wouldn't you want a buddy Franklin leading the line for you especially if he comes off a good 2022. Decisions

The fact that this is even a discussion is amazing. When we signed Buddy to the 9 years deal no one imagined at the end of it we may even give him a contract extension.

The fact that this is even a discussion is amazing. When we signed Buddy to the 9 years deal no one imagined at the end of it we may even give him a contract extension.
for sure..but gee if he is still in form and healthy and Sydney are in their premiership window, it would almost be negligence not to give a year by year extension

Also from a selfish point of view premiership window or not I just love seeing Buddy play and want to continue seeing it for as long as possible.
I think we can all agree on that.

Maybe when he is done, get him into a coaching role. Typically there is a defense coach, a midfield coach and a forward coach but I'll bet there is not a 'terrorise opposition' coach and he would be perfect for that

Hardly. I would take Sydney's list over Adelaides every of the week, and I think most neutral bigfooty fans would agree with me. We have nothing to be jealous about when comparing lists.
The post I responded to had nothing to do with comparing lists but a pathetic dig at Tex which had nothing to do with the discussion, so yeah you’re salty and sad.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably says more about our squad than it does Dawson

still I think Oscar Allen would fetch more…. (Quite comfortably actually)
Well absolutely it says something about the WCE list. And I like Allen but last time we played you, he was being outmarked at FB by Will Hayward, which makes me think Dawson would be a much more valuable player for you than Allen. But my point was that Dawson is a helluva lot better than "middling".

Well you seem to believe Sydney fans are jealous or something. I am just informing you that we are not.
We are in the Dawson thread, you have whinged the whole way through about getting Dawson for unders, you think you got unders and your posting has turned bitter hence you are SALTY.

It's not that hard to understand. Surely must be time for you to have a break, you are all over the place.

We still fom?
Well absolutely it says something about the WCE list. And I like Allen but last time we played you, he was being outmarked at FB by Will Hayward, which makes me think Dawson would be a much more valuable player for you than Allen. But my point was that Dawson is a helluva lot better than "middling".

With all due respect, and as good as Dawson is, players like Oscar Allen and proven forward goal kicking ability are considerably more valuable and rare.

But yes, I agree Dawson is a far better player than simply to be labelled as middling.

We are in the Dawson thread, you have whinged the whole way through about getting Dawson for unders, you think you got unders and your posting has turned bitter hence you are SALTY.

It's not that hard to understand. Surely must be time for you to have a break, you are all over the place.

Are insults all you are capable of? Do you actually add value to discussions?

We still fom?

With all due respect, and as good as Dawson is, players like Oscar Allen and proven forward goal kicking ability are considerably more valuable and rare.

But yes, I agree Dawson is a far better player than simply to be labelled as middling.
Anyone that said Dawson was a "middling" player whether they're a Crow, Swan or other team supporter is not being genuine.

He's a good player coming off of a great season , easily his best season by a fair stretch but as an uncontracted player the Swans got what was reasonable recompense, unders maybe but not to the degree several delusional Swans supporters in this thread would have us believe.

Back